Social Anxiety is the worst. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused

Social Anxiety is the worst.

BUT, the good news is that this internal anger (feeling of worthless) has made me much more focused, greater desire in achieving things. That is one of the reasons why I kinda "like" having social anxiety. It is like I have a strong sense to fill this bucket, but the bucket has a hole in it so it never actually gets filled. I tend to overcompensate alot, aka taking leadership position, trying to take control of things, getting good marks.

Its so wierd, its like I have two self image, a positive one and a negative one. When someone compliments me I can basically be able to hide my shame and insecurity, but as soon as someone criticizes me I lash at them and I do shift blame alot. It is not fun.

Thanks for listening

Edit: after reading what I wrote I probaly have other things at play rather than just social anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2020, 11:08 PM
SAS Member

Social anxiety is a common symptom of many mental disorders like adhd, asperger's, certain personality disorders like narcissism, avoidant, borderline, schizotypal. Also sa is often a symptom of cptsd stemming from chronic stress, low or unstable self esteem, negative or unstable self image. Some people can learn to channel this energy into something useful.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 07:23 AM
MyViewsMatter

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow123 View Post
BUT, the good news is that this internal anger (feeling of worthless) has made me much more focused, greater desire in achieving things. That is one of the reasons why I kinda "like" having social anxiety. It is like I have a strong sense to fill this bucket, but the bucket has a hole in it so it never actually gets filled. I tend to overcompensate alot, aka taking leadership position, trying to take control of things, getting good marks.

Its so wierd, its like I have two self image, a positive one and a negative one. When someone compliments me I can basically be able to hide my shame and insecurity, but as soon as someone criticizes me I lash at them and I do shift blame alot. It is not fun.

Thanks for listening

Edit: after reading what I wrote I probaly have other things at play rather than just social anxiety.
I learned recently that these are the emotional phases that a person goes through during the process of becoming better: apathy, grief, fear, anger, courage.

So some people experience their SA in a state of apathy, or fear, or anger, etc. At the bottom there is less energy and as you move higher, there's more energy. Maybe your in the state of anger so you have more energy which causes your "greater desire in achieving things".

To go even deeper here, if a person is in a state of apathy (basically no hope no action), I heard that the advice for this person is to make them angry so they have more willpower and hope. But this is just a short term advice, and not good for the long run. Eventually they let go of anger and move up to courage.

Remember, your views and what you have to say matter to others AND to yourself

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page