So I've been avoiding my one social medium... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

So I've been avoiding my one social medium...

AIM. Why? Because I'm afraid friends will ask me to go out and do stuff. Then I'll freak out and want to find some way out of it. I'll end up disappointing my friends and myself, etc. I don't even know why the first thing I do is decline invitations now (avoidance, I know). All I know is that I'm scared, scared of what exactly? I mean, I can list a bunch of excuses and I can rationalize them, but in the end, I'm still just scared. It's not even a rational fear.

I was just thinking this today because it's been nearly 2 weeks since I've hung out with my friends. My summer is nearly over and I haven't even begun to accomplish what I want.

I suck at life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

okay, went on aim and now am being guilted (I'm doing the guilt tripping on myself) to take a friend out to lunch. I knew I avoided that program for a reason.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
SAS Member

I would avoid AIM sometimes too. But in general, I did and sometimes still do avoid people and conversations so I wouldn't have to hang out with them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page