Shy and quiet at school, but loud at home? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
The Yew Cutter

Question

Shy and quiet at school, but loud at home?

god... i've been this like all my life, i just feel i can open up to my family at home but in certain situations at other places im shy and quiet! Why is that?

I can do at home whatever I want, and even sometimes I just throw my hate at family when I'm really depressed about my life, but when i'm at school, I suddenly become quiet and close myself from others...
It should be otherwise. A good guy at home, but a baddie ,say things what you want, in school.

Anyone can relate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:43 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Just seems like your more comfortable at home, I'm the same. I can at least talk to my family without worrying about too much judgement. People outside the family, no chance. This site is the only place where I can open up "totally". I kind of think of this site as a fictitious place.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I'm done for a while.

It's how the world works if you ask me. It's natural to feel more open to your family because no matter what you do, they'll always be there for you. That gives you confidence and rids you of any anxiety. If you feel similar with someone outside of your family, hang on to that person.

Error, no keyboard. Press F1 to continue.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Permanently Banned

Im quiet at school because everyone hates me, and quiet at home because my family hates me
Worst of both worlds.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCod View Post
and quiet at home because my family hates me
Worst of both worlds.
Thats really sad . If i didn't have my father and sister i don't know what i would do . They are the only bright spot in my life right now .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
That's the beginning of complete SA, I started with just being quiet at school, now I'm both quiet at school and at home.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
That's the beginning of complete SA, I started with just being quiet at school, now I'm both quiet at school and at home.
Haha yea
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
Yeaaah. I bet I speak under 50 words a day. And those 50 words are all forced conversations with adults/teachers.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:10 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amumu View Post
god... i've been this like all my life, i just feel i can open up to my family at home but in certain situations at other places im shy and quiet! Why is that?

I can do at home whatever I want, and even sometimes I just throw my hate at family when I'm really depressed about my life, but when i'm at school, I suddenly become quiet and close myself from others...
It should be otherwise. A good guy at home, but a baddie ,say things what you want, in school.

Anyone can relate?
Yeah I'm the same. It's been like that for as long as I can remember.
It's almost as if a switch is flipped in my head when I leave the house, which turns me into a shy guy.

I think it's because I care too much about what people might think of me, so it's kind off a defense mechanism. Like if they reject the "shy, quiet me," it doesn't really matter because that's not the "real me."
I really would like to be the same person I am at home in public, but I don't know how to change it.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:11 PM
SOS Member

I'm shy and quiet everywhere.

"I read somewhere...how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong...but to feel strong." - Chris McCandless
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amumu View Post

Anyone can relate?
I m the same as you?

Where There Is Light, There Is Always Darkness(HATRED).
-Madara Uchiha
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 03:29 AM
A girl lost in darkness..

My Mood: Brooding
I am quiet , no matter who I am with.The people that are apart of my family are no better than other people to speak to.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page