Seriously, how are you all coping? - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:59 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowweaver View Post
PhD student here. I was just always pushed by my parents to do the best I can, and I always liked science and knew becoming a scientist was the only real option for me - I'm absolutely not suited for office jobs, and the need to use my brain all the time is almost a necessity.

It was rough back in my worse SA days, but I had a goal and kept pushing for it despite what my body was telling me. You just kind of grit your teeth and go for it.

My SA wasn't as bad as for some people, I guess. It made human interaction painful, but it didn't prevent me from socializing for as much as was needed to progress in my studies and research. And that progress, in turn, boosted my confidence and gave me the, "My SA doesn't matter, I'm successful anyway", attitude which made it very easy to cope with it.

This is how life works: when something is very hard, you need to push for it and do it no matter how hard it is - and as you do it, it becomes easier and easier, until one day you look back and wonder, "What was I even scared of?" It is the first few steps that are hard, but from there it gets better continuously.

My mindset exactly. very beautiful.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 PM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverie101 View Post
it just means anxiety ain't bad enough if you CAN push thru it

AIIOW3VERYT_8N5H47EE
the demon is the healer
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:22 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
That isn't true at all, mine was at a point I was considering medication but the more you challenge it the lesser your anxiety is

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:58 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
That isn't true at all, mine was at a point I was considering medication but the more you challenge it the lesser your anxiety is
well i was lashing out a bit when i posted that, but like, if you're just considering meds, IMO that means you're strong enough, or have mild enough anxiety that allows you to push thru it.

some people simply do not have the strength to "push thru" stuff. i don't want to derail the thread with bickering, but it just irks me so much when people think that everyone on earth can just push thru anything and they'll come out alive on the other end.

some people aren't energized and motivated by experiencing pain and obstacles several times per day.

that said, you aren't demonstrably wrong.

AIIOW3VERYT_8N5H47EE
the demon is the healer
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:03 AM
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
I recommend that you watch the following talk:

Suffice to say, there is absolutely no limit to what a human being, no matter in what state, can overcome. Is it hard? Sure, it can be brutal sometimes. But it gets manageable once you convince yourself that you can do it.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:03 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowweaver View Post
But it gets manageable once you convince yourself that you can do it.
i definitely agree.

naturally the video is something i'll procrastinate for months, likely years, at least according to my experiential statistics.

AIIOW3VERYT_8N5H47EE
the demon is the healer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page