Sad and anxiety disorder..combined? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

Sad and anxiety disorder..combined?

Social anxiety+ Generalized Anxiety disorder

I have the two. Did one cause the other or not?
it's a living hell everyday, because not only am I anxious when i'm out with people 99% of the time, but i'm also anxious on my own. I try to keep as busy as possible, but my brain just overfunctions, i can't seem to relax for not even a second.
I have weird thoughts like being scared my organs will move out of place, or that my body will be harmed in any way,surgery,dying, scared of physical pain I guess.

Now you may think it's crazy, but I do have this thing I'm scared of eyeballs and constantly touch my eyes because im scared they will move out of place or pop out. I've had this for a year now. I know it's weird, but I don't care what you think.

I need help, if I want to live like a normal human being.
My family has a hard time believing I have a disorder. They think
because I am rational when I speak that I have nothing and is just an invention of mine. But I guess, now people are being more outspoken about it. There were always mental disorders, whether people were more open to them or not. They are real

Now, I need help fast. how do I go about getting it?
I'm pretty much on my own on this. Parents have a hard time beliving it, but I think I'm old enough to help myself.

I just moved in to Panama with my dad, how can I help myself with therapy without using medication? or do I really need it? Because, social anxiety I can handle I just can't take the severe anxiety anymore and my brain overworking. I dont want to think something so much and harm myself. I know that no matter how positive I can be, that I can't battle a mental disorder with positivity only, I need to be realistic and get help. It's not important whether my family believes what I have anymore or not, I just want to get better. I want to seek a definite cure.

I've had medication numerous times before, but they made me worse. More aggressive and suicidal.

Now, I am feeling pretty much like crap.
I mean, the only person I have in this world and the only person to support me is my dad. I've had no friends now for two years.
I'm soon to be 19, and gonna start working soon again.
But Im going out as much as I can and trying to defeat this. I wont let it win. Even though i feel like committing suicide and I think about it, I know is not the solution. Like I have the guts anyway

The funny thing is that i used to be a normal person with friends and sociable when I was a younger. How did I ever get to this point?
Though, since young I've always had anxious tendencies that I can remember.

Any advice based on my situation would help
anyone having any similar experience? I would like to know about it
I know there is a solution to this! I want to be healthy and have a normal life. i'm not giving up for sure...tell me how to get better?

Peace x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 05:36 PM
SAS Member

Hey you,

It'll be okay soon. Try exercising and producing endorphins which may help in fighting off those anxious nerves of yours. Try meditation. If medication didn't work for you in the past , don't worry there's countless things you can try to change your current situation. You can look into new diets, exercises, hobbies, dances, meditation. It's good your daddy is there, maybe he can give some advice. You can arrange appointments with a therapist and don't need to tell people if you don't want to but they can help give you rationale for your ocd type behaviors.

Take care,
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingdownonmyface View Post
Hey you,

It'll be okay soon. Try exercising and producing endorphins which may help in fighting off those anxious nerves of yours. Try meditation. If medication didn't work for you in the past , don't worry there's countless things you can try to change your current situation. You can look into new diets, exercises, hobbies, dances, meditation. It's good your daddy is there, maybe he can give some advice. You can arrange appointments with a therapist and don't need to tell people if you don't want to but they can help give you rationale for your ocd type behaviors.

Take care,
thanks alot for answering my post. I wanna thank you for that!
Yeah I was thinking about doing tennis and it will definitely help physically and mentally. I want to sweat it all off and if i put my body to constant movement I will definitely lose the anxiety don't you think?

Yeah, I was definitely considering therapy. Because many irrational, unimportant thoughts come up all the time and there's no way for me to control them or stop them, and the more I refuse to stop them...the more they come in or get worse. So, I think the exercise/meditation part is a good bit. Now, about the diet I'm not sure that works?
Are there certain products that make one less anxious? (with no prescribed medication needed) Because, there had been times I was excluding all sugars,coffee, sodas, ice cream, etc from my diet and drank only water. How come the anxiety didn't go away then?
Maybe, it's a matter of combination. The right exercise and diet will keep me anxious-free?

I hope you some more suggestions, and answer my inquiries.
Thanks for trying to help anyway
thanks alot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page