Question for the virgins - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
loser
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 322

Question for the virgins


Just a thought do you reckon your life will improve drastically if you get laid just once or even a couple of times? You will still be the same person afterwards.
It's one of the few moments of victory in my life, the day I didn't care anymore about getting laid. It's really not that important. If you really want a relationship focus on the relationship and not on the sex.

If you had the choice: sex for one time only or a happy relationship without sex. What would you find most important? I personally don't care much for either option but the mind says the sexless relationship is the way to go.

EDIT after reading my post again I find it can be confusing. I never had sex myself, the victory I talk about is the day I realized that sex isn't important in life.
So many people on SAS think sex is the ultimate moment in a man's life, I hope this thread and the responses so far make them think differently about such a trivial matter.
conantheworthless is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Hermit on the Move
 
JayDivision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: From NC to Las Vegas
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 617
It won't cure everything, but its one major handicap, that's been bugging me for years, off my shoulders.

Last.fm

Use to Think My Life Was Grand, Until My Family Beat Me with Brass Knuckled Hands.

Weight Loss Goal Reached

September 2014: 268

April 19, 2015:159

Pounds lost: 109
JayDivision is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:34 PM
SAS Member
 
hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Age: 45
Posts: 2,358
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
Just a thought do you reckon your life will improve drastically if you get laid just once or even a couple of times? You will still be the same person afterwards.
It's one of the few moments of victory in my life, the day I didn't care anymore about getting laid. It's really not that important. If you really want a relationship focus on the relationship and not on the sex.

If you had the choice: sex for one time only or a happy relationship without sex. What would you find most important? I personally don't care much for either option but the mind says the sexless relationship is the way to go.
I want to experience making love. I deserve that. And a relationship with someone that lasts.

"With great power, comes great responsibility"
Stan Lee, 1962
http://hypestyle.newsvine.com
hypestyle is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 PM
SAS Member
 
ShotInTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Lithuania
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 1,129
My Mood: Sleepy
I crave for sex, but have no interest in relationships and don't even want a gf... That's not the thing that can change a lot...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
ShotInTheDark is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:57 AM
SAS Member
 
bassmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 86
I can't see how sex can improve life.
bassmaster is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:41 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū
 
Canadian Brotha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over Yonder
Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Posts: 17,780
My Mood: Cynical
A lot of people on this site focus heavily on having sex or sexual encounters as if itíll fix everything for them but itís really a BS way of thinking. Iíve never had PIV sex but Iíve had sexual encounters and though they are few and far between Iíve not magically been fixed or satisfied with myself because of them and honestly having something happen once or
Twice or whatever really becomes meaningless or fades with time or
in memory and then youíll just be back to Iíve not had enough as opposed to Iíve never done anything. If itís bothering you that much and you canít get access the normal way then hire an escort or shut up. I know thatís harsh but Iíve been on this forum for a long time and really canít be bothered with the repeats of such topics Iíve seen. Obviously not having regular sex or being in good relationships isnít ideal but even as depressed, isolated, and anxious as I am Iím still well aware thereís much more to life than simply getting laid. And another thing is just because you have some kind of sexual encounter doesnít mean itíll be good...sexual things can be just as awkward as any other type of socializing and even potentially terrible too which wonít exactly play into this one sexual experience will do so so much for a person...anyway, Iím moody as hell while writing this so apologies if Iíve disturbed what was meant to be a legit convo here
Canadian Brotha is online now  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:12 AM
Great White Shark
 
Shadowweaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mars
Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 546
The desire to have sex with someone has never entered my brain. I get a much bigger kick out of the idea of hugging someone, than having a sexual act with them.


But then, I'm a crazy romantic! The emotional component of things has always mattered much more to me, than the physical one.
Shadowweaver is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:56 AM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,814
My Mood: Lurking
I'm not naive, I think some people here are putting to much weight on it, but alot of it's peer pressure.
If losing virginity cured all problems then we'd live in a perfect world, as far as I see it the only eventual result most of the time is to create more self absorbed horny screw ups, it's the circle of life.






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:17 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 64
As someone who had their first sexual encounter relatively late, it helps and it doesn't. I hooked up with someone I didn't have feelings for and it helped in that it made me feel more comfortable/prepared for if I met a guy I actually liked. But no, you don't wake up a whole new person the next day. The whole concept of virginity is blown WAY out of proportion in my opinion.
Andlovegrewup is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:08 AM
SAS Member
 
Deaf Mute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Ether
Language: Non-Verbal communication
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 831
Losing it for the sake of it would mean nothing, but in general I think if you've lost your v naturally (without too much extrenuous effort of finding someone) it must mean you're somewhat desirable/likable in some respect... I'm generalizing though.

I don't wanna exist
Deaf Mute is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
loser
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha View Post
A lot of people on this site focus heavily on having sex or sexual encounters as if itíll fix everything for them but itís really a BS way of thinking. Iíve never had PIV sex but Iíve had sexual encounters and though they are few and far between Iíve not magically been fixed or satisfied with myself because of them and honestly having something happen once or
Twice or whatever really becomes meaningless or fades with time or
in memory and then youíll just be back to Iíve not had enough as opposed to Iíve never done anything. If itís bothering you that much and you canít get access the normal way then hire an escort or shut up. I know thatís harsh but Iíve been on this forum for a long time and really canít be bothered with the repeats of such topics Iíve seen. Obviously not having regular sex or being in good relationships isnít ideal but even as depressed, isolated, and anxious as I am Iím still well aware thereís much more to life than simply getting laid. And another thing is just because you have some kind of sexual encounter doesnít mean itíll be good...sexual things can be just as awkward as any other type of socializing and even potentially terrible too which wonít exactly play into this one sexual experience will do so so much for a person...anyway, Iím moody as hell while writing this so apologies if Iíve disturbed what was meant to be a legit convo here
I agree with you 100% that's why I made this topic. Having sex doesn't change a thing.
I never had sex but 10 minutes of pleasure can never make a big impact on a man's life.
conantheworthless is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx
 
Persephone The Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Posts: 36,704
I'm too alien to contemplate things like this and a lot of the topics on this forum. Sex doesn't seem all that enjoyable irl, some things I wouldn't want to do, some things I've tried, and I'm quite limited in what I am physically able to do as well.

Relationships are difficult because you have to find mutual attraction. I can barely picture any of it really.
Persephone The Dread is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:29 AM
high humidty, & cuteness
 
SilentLyric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Transgender
Age: 28
Posts: 8,632
why the weird choice? sex is an important part of many relationships.


it won't fix anything but it does feel good physically and mentally.
SilentLyric is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Don
Fupa King
 
Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: United States
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
Just a thought do you reckon your life will improve drastically if you get laid just once or even a couple of times?
No, society makes people believe that they are somehow less if they haven't had sex. Sometimes the reverse in the case of purity culture. It's simply not true. You aren't more or less of a person whether you have your virginity or you don't. I may not ever lose my virginity. It frustrates me a little that I may never have that experience, but I'm far more worried about other things in life right now than that.

Life's Wack
Don is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:10 AM
SAS Member
 
ravens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Age: 49
Posts: 11,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
Just a thought do you reckon your life will improve drastically if you get laid just once or even a couple of times?
My life would still be the same if I was to lose my virginity. Still it would be nice to experience it at least once in my life.
ravens is offline  
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Senior Thread Writer
 
Cool Ice Dude55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Essex, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,474
My Mood: Worried
It wouldn't improve/enhance my life, but I would like to experience it. It's like a black cloud on my life. I feel like I will never be proper apart of society until I experience it


Cool Ice Dude55 is offline  
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,814
My Mood: Lurking
...alright I guess I'm up for an orgy if it makes everyone feel better.






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:33 PM
S F C 0 1
 
D'avjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Right here Right now
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 330
My Mood: In Love
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
...alright I guess I'm up for an orgy if it makes everyone feel better.

An orgy of virgins lol


D'avjo is offline  
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
loser
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
An orgy of virgins lol
I'm imagining it right now. 5 people afraid to make a move, glancing at each other while getting red faced, head butting each other when moving in for a kiss, women making weird faces because of pain, men trying for hours to get an erection or orgasming with the first slight touch of a hand.

I'm getting sweaty already
conantheworthless is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:44 PM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,814
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
An orgy of virgins lol
Well I don't know about anyone else but I'm only a virgin in this life, I'm confident I can tap into previous lives experience when required






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome