Popular Relatives - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Popular Relatives

One thing that bothers me is how my sisters were (if not the most) very popular girls in school. Im a junior now and they have graduated, but almost everyone knows me from them. It sucks always being noticed as so-and-so's little brother, especially while trying to be somewhat out of the crowd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
SAS Member

My brother was extremely popular too. Its always been something I struggled with because its so weird how we are so different. Everyone in highschool pretty much knew him. Our ages are 4 years apart so when he was out of hs i just entered and so a majority of people did not overlap. But there were still tons of people who knew him who was years and years younger. Also the teachers knew him and he left a real impact while i left nothing.

In college he was also popular and part of a frat hes gone and now im here. I know nobody but its a huge college so I don't tend to run into too many people he knew. But some of his frat people have sort of harrassed me by sending me facebook invites wierd calls and **** to get me to join the frat. It has been wierd.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
My sister was pretty popular in high school. I remember seeing her volleyball team pic which had nicknames underneath all the girls, and hers said "Barbie".

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
subtastic

Same here. It makes me insanely jealous.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Socially Anxious Mets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
One thing that bothers me is how my sisters were (if not the most) very popular girls in school. Im a junior now and they have graduated, but almost everyone knows me from them. It sucks always being noticed as so-and-so's little brother, especially while trying to be somewhat out of the crowd.
it's worse when it is your little sister. i love my sister...we get along great, but being known by people because you are ________'s older brother (when she's a freshman and i'm a senior) isn't much fun, either.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 PM

My cousins were all very popular but I guess because I was so different from them no one even realized we were related despite having the same last name in a pretty small school. They were always surprised when they found out.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Renewed Hope

My sister was pretty popular in her high school but that was when I was living in Gettysburg but now I'm in dumb old pittsburgh. Even if I would have stayed no one would have known that I'm her brother, we have different last names.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page