People who do not listen - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

People who do not listen

Anybody else deal with thick-headed people? For example I've been saying the same thing since about 2016 now and these people will still not leave me alone. And what is infuriating is all it would take is one person to be honest. Learning disability would be a severe understatement at this point. Anybody else deal with people who do not listen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 01:50 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
I deal with people who tries to make look like l don't understand what I'm doing, and telling me that I don't understand to confuse my intentions or lose track of my own response.

Is it healthy to always encounter such behavior from people all the time?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing citizens 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Honestly it's sad but I'm surprised when people remember things I've said. Many times I've been speaking to people and they forget stuff later.

My mum is really bad at listening it annoys my brother but I don't really talk to her about much these days. He also tries to talk to her about his interests sometimes which I try to avoid with people irl unless it's my brother. When I had some slightly more normal ones I would sometimes when I was younger with family members, but tried not to go into stuff too much because people find that annoying. Now I do that on this forum instead.

I feel like you're talking about people who do listen and just dismiss your advice or something though which is a separate thing. Like my mum is actually terrible at listening sometimes she'll just pretend she heard what my brother was saying and I've witnessed this happen multiple times, but she didn't and she's just answered something else entirely.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
I deal with people who tries to make look like l don't understand what I'm doing, and telling me that I don't understand to confuse my intentions or lose track of my own response.

Is it healthy to always encounter such behavior from people all the time?
literally. every. office. ever. Also happens when scammers try to scare you by sounding litigious. It's the way of the world :\

@Persephone The Dread I'm just talking about being left alone. The more I tell people to mind their own business or leave me alone, the more they don't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
It's kind of like trying to opt out of ads on google. It almost feels like you'll get locked up just for saying "wait a minute you slimey business con artist, I DO NOT consent to this!"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Villain

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
@asittingducky

Oh I see, yeah people will often do the opposite of what you request.

Some people heard my words and thought it meant they knew me
Truth is, I don't exist, I'm just a soundtrack to your movie
Some background figure in a story that's already scripted
And what I feel's just felt for you to hear me ****ing spit it
I jump in many different heads through these words and poems
Always hoping maybe the next leap'll be my leap home

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

@Persephone The Dread The reverse psychology gets so complicated sometimes xD
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 04:43 PM
nugatory

Sounds like it's people who refuse to take "no" for an answer, and constantly disrespect your personal boundaries. I've had many people like that in my life, because I'm timid, and have a hard time being assertive. I think this is probably a common problem among people with social anxiety. Plus a lot of people are super passive-aggressive and will go out of their way to do something if they know it makes you uncomfortable. Basically, people suck.

Now I'm Nothing
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2020, 05:30 PM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaStrange View Post
Basically, people suck.
Yep.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 06:58 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
literally. every. office. ever. Also happens when scammers try to scare you by sounding litigious. It's the way of the world :\

@Persephone The Dread I'm just talking about being left alone. The more I tell people to mind their own business or leave me alone, the more they don't. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
It's kind of like trying to opt out of ads on google. It almost feels like you'll get locked up just for saying "wait a minute you slimey business con artist, I DO NOT consent to this!"

Do you live in a city?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing citizens 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

I had an opinion about cities but I'm getting this tickling feeling in the back of my mind that I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:31 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
I had an opinion about cities but I'm getting this tickling feeling in the back of my mind that I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
Your signature videos about engineers is hilarious! lol
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 07:11 AM
SAS Member

Some people think they are always right. Can't change them. Got to change our behavior toward the situation. Stubborn people is one of the reasons why people get disinterested in interacting with a certain person. They need to see a change in behavior from yur part, IMO. That shocks people when your attitude changes because it's always the same ending with them.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxer View Post
Some people think they are always right. Can't change them. Got to change our behavior toward the situation. Stubborn people is one of the reasons why people get disinterested in interacting with a certain person. They need to see a change in behavior from yur part, IMO. That shocks people when your attitude changes because it's always the same ending with them.
The thing is, I've tried that too. And I'm sorry but a former boss literally reprimanding me just for who I hang out with or going to progressive events is crossing the line. I have a right to a personal life, it's not my fault they wanna be psychos.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page