People suck - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Crappy

People suck

Desde que comencé a trabajar en mi ciudad natal, he tenido miedo en mi propia casa. Sigo despertando con fuertes estallidos y autos que se alejan en medio de la noche. Mi corazón se acelera y no puedo dormir. Esta tortura ha durado años y mi mente se está deteriorando. Ayuadame!

Having SA feels like being a scratched up LP that keeps getting stuck at exactly 10 seconds into Track 02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 08:02 AM
The Groat King

/r/misanthropy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
The thing is nobody thinks their child sucks so where did so many sucky people come from ? Did they start out not sucking & gradually sucked more as they got older, the mysteries of life.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 10:59 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
I feel you.

Whenever I meet someone "nice" it's usually just a phony act they've developed to hide their sociopathy. People are gross and I will never trust them.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
I've never really been a misanthrope. I tend to think that, like other human traits, "suckage" can be plotted on a bell curve. Most people are an average mix of suckage and non-suckage. But there are outliers in both directions. I've known people who are extremely kind. People who treat me better than I treat myself.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 05:04 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I've never really been a misanthrope. I tend to think that, like other human traits, "suckage" can be plotted on a bell curve. Most people are an average mix of suckage and non-suckage. But there are outliers in both directions. I've known people who are extremely kind. People who treat me better than I treat myself.
Me too. I've never understood it tbh. People seem okay to me - of course some are going to be difficult but I can be pretty bloody tricky to get along with myself.

For me - it's all about what you're prepared to put up with. I just got in touch with a very close friend I've known for 50 years. We met when I was 8 and he was 10. I've been such a dick-head to that guy and he still is so glad to hear from me. I think a lot of the time we need to give people a break and just get over ourselves.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 06:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
thats true.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
1. Not everyone sucks

2. Many people suck

3. People who suck, suck a lot more in groups than they do alone. So if you happen to be surrounded by a group of people who all really suck, your life is gonna really suck bad. And also, being surrounded by suckage tends to influence people to want to suck in order to fit in. So sometimes people who don't naturally suck suck anyway because they don't want anyone to know they don't suck.

4. People who don't suck are (generally) harder to spot than people who suck because people who don't suck tend to not advertise the fact that they don't suck, whereas people who do suck tend to falsely advertise that they don't suck and you don't know it until you get to know them and realize they really actually suck and they lied.

5. Many of the people who suck, suck shamelessly because they just suck that much that they don't even have any shame about it. It takes at least a little bit of not sucking (deep down) for them to be ashamed of it. But sometimes they're desperate and they know they suck so they hide it.

And....of course....everyone sucks from time to time.

/WYSD
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 06:59 PM
SAS Member

Slipknot has an anthem for this.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 07:05 PM
SAS Member

Well I can see how it would depend on how you've been treated in the past. If you've had a lot of bullying or whatever then you're naturally going to be very wary of people. Or maybe you've just been unlucky and been around a lot of dickheads.

I can see that I'm getting more judgemental as I get older - maybe just less willing to tolerate annoying people. Some of the people at the book market are like that. One guy is very annoying and can be slightly rude. In a way I feel sorry for him (when I don't want to punch him in the head that is) - he's obviously very angry at the world and has had a rough time. He's still a pain though. I just mostly avoid him. Most people are very nice to me though, I don't know why - maybe it's because I'm friendly and treat them well.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Well I can see how it would depend on how you've been treated in the past. If you've had a lot of bullying or whatever then you're naturally going to be very wary of people. Or maybe you've just been unlucky and been around a lot of dickheads.

I can see that I'm getting more judgemental as I get older - maybe just less willing to tolerate annoying people. Some of the people at the book market are like that. One guy is very annoying and can be slightly rude. In a way I feel sorry for him (when I don't want to punch him in the head that is) - he's obviously very angry at the world and has had a rough time. He's still a pain though. I just mostly avoid him. Most people are very nice to me though, I don't know - maybe it's because I'm friendly and treat them well.
You have to understand that the whole "people suck" rant is pretty much just venting for those times that everyone is gonna have (eventually) where it really does seem like the whole world is full of people who suck.

Anyway, my post was half joking. It's supposed to be funny because in a messed up sort of way, everyone is gonna tend to kinda suck when they're not trying not to (not everyone has the energy to always put 100% of effort into not sucking 100% of the time). There are very few people who are truly incapable of suckage and that's just a droll fact of life. You don't have to like it and you don't have to hate it but you're better off if you acknowledge it and accept it for those times when it's gonna hit you head on. You don't want to be surprised by the fact that most people are capable of sucking really spectacularly at the drop of a hat.

/WYSD
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 07:24 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
You have to understand that the whole "people suck" rant is pretty much just venting for those times that everyone is gonna have (eventually) where it really does seem like the whole world is full of people who suck.

Anyway, my post was half joking. It's supposed to be funny because in a messed up sort of way, everyone is gonna tend to kinda suck when they're not trying not to (not everyone has the energy to always put 100% of effort into not sucking 100% of the time). There are very few people who are truly incapable of suckage and that's just a droll fact of life. You don't have to like it and you don't have to hate it but you're better off if you acknowledge it and accept it for those times when it's gonna hit you head on. You don't want to be surprised by the fact that most people are capable of sucking really spectacularly at the drop of a hat.
Yeah, that's true - although I actually think I suck pretty bad myself a lot of the time. The things people have put up with with me is just incredible. Also sometimes I'm just manic and think everything's great.

I do think I've been very lucky though - people have mostly treated me very well considering.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 08:52 PM
lagrimas negras

Yes people suck but not me of course lol. I don't trust most people especially when they go out of the way to be "nice" or "kind" to everyone. As long as everyone is kissing up to them then it's all fine.
Form my experience, most of these nice people can turn on a dime as soon as you say something that they disagree with. Fake morons!
Posted via Mobile Device
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 05:05 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Yes, they do, but not in the right way sadly...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 09:14 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Yeah among other things, when I look at the majority psychopathic bunch that make up the most popular YouTubers now it's hard not to lose faith in Humanity. Or at least Americans. It's mostly Americans.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:42 AM
SAS Member

It's all about being part of the in crowd. If you are a loner no one cares.

Here's a scenario I experience at my running club:

Random person shaves a few seconds off their pb. Everyone on the Facebook group: WOW that's incredible well done xxx

I take a minute and a half off my pb. Everyone on the Facebook group: ...

When I go on a Wednesday it's usually the same scenario. People are in their cliques and those outside of the groups are stood about awkwardly on their own; namely me. I've a few people attend once, stand awkwardly on their own and then never return again. I feel so mad at myself for not approaching them but my anxiety gets the better of me. The lonely people stay lonely
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
People suck? what happened to the rest of the title?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

The real creator gave the programmers restricted technologies.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page