People look at me weird - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

People look at me weird

Yesterday I went out and went to a lot of places. I had a good time actually. But, I noticed some places I went people looked at me oddly or acted as if something about me was weirding them out. I kept looking in the mirror but I didn't see anything wrong. I do have a beard so maybe they were afraid for some reason? I just don't get it. And I looked at my posture and I seemed ok. Maybe they see my anxiety somehow. And this didn't just happen yesterday it happens pretty often. Places that I go often though I notice it happening less.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

This crap needs to stop (This googly peering crap that these ****ers love to engage in); assuming they're actually looking at you. Geezus.... can't people just mind their own damn business?

I get it... I look weird or ugly (not sure about yourself; maybe you're super attractive or something)... Just leave me alone already!

And the worst is, I get it mostly from women (which annoys me because their glares are painful and convey feelings of strong disgust), old people (old farts that have nothing better to do than to ruin a person's day with their stinky glances), and babies / kids (super annoying btw). This really needs to be put to bed. Which is why I wish I had an invisibility cloak or whatever; so I can just coast around without recieving any nasty glares or anything.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 11:54 AM

Language: English
Their fake awareness on auto-set.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, social media, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:07 PM
Miserable

Happens to me all the time as well. Try to ignore them.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 12:20 PM
high humidty, & cuteness

don't go to the grocery store with eyeliner. trust me on this. >_>
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 03:28 PM
SAS Member

How about you nod to them like "what's up?" when they look at you like that? They'll either look away, or tell you what's up. Then you'll know for sure. And if they don't do anything and just keep looking at you in disgust, you'll know it's cause they really are disgusted with you. But sometimes they are just tired and perhaps they're not disgusted at you.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Tired

Language: English
Its the beard. That's the effect you are going for by wearing one.

Dimethylamidophenyldimethylpyrazolone
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:22 AM
SAS Member

Hey, I joined here to respond to this. It may just be that you're nice looking or interesting looking.

What do you look like? I unfortunately had one of the worst upbringings I've ever heard of and ended up with most vile family you can imagine and as a result have pretty much every form of social anxiety, OCD etc you can imagine.

I noticed people were looking at me all the time and automatically assumed it was because I look weird or ugly. I even had a girl take a picture of me on the train but she forgot to turn off the camera sound. I got SO paranoid and felt like complete **** about myself.

I didn't trust the opinions of friends and girlfriends so just casually (I hoped I seemed casual) asked a girl in a store as she checked me out, "do I have something on my face? I just caught someone taking a picture of me" and she said "it's probably because you're good looking. You look like you could be famous."

She may have been bull****ting but I've heard similar things a few times now but it still doesn't stop me from thinking I look disgusting and that people looking at me are wondering why a freak is among them.

If you're reasonably intelligent when it comes to every day observations and you can't see anything majorly wrong with you then people are probably looking because you look interesting or have nice clothes or something.

I guarantee you're perfectly fine or probably nice looking. Like the other user said it might be the beard.

I can't grow a beard since I probably pee out all of my testosterone every morning so find myself looking at guys with beards because they look cool. Social anxiety is one of the worst things you can suffer from because it puts you into an eternal spiral of self reflection and you become hyper aware of everything around you.

Also the things you notice about yourself always tend to be seen through a negative point of view. I share your frustration although mine seems to be improving as I get older.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 AM
Fear Veteran

Language: Swedish, English, Croatian
Maybe you're fine as hell. Ever thought about that?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
Happens to me almost every day. Whether at work or just out doing errands. Drives me crazy.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Off the Deep End

People look at me weird all the time. Weirder once they get to know me. I don't really give a damn these days.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 AM
BUSTY BBW BBC TAKING MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
Same, I don't know what to think when people are just staring at me weirdly all the time.

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You ain't tried no drug like me
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 AM
SAS Member

It's either that we're paranoid (everyone gets looks, they just seem scarier to us) or interesting to look at in some way.

We'd have to look absolutely crazy to get people staring constantly. I think the issue is with ourselves and how we misunderstand other people due to our ****ty pasts. We now recognize most things as negative or potentially dangerous when they might be neutral or even good.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:28 AM
forever awkward

I was raised that staring at people is rude. Are people not teaching their kids this anymore?
People stare when I'm out and are nosy as hell. A couple was once staring at me so intensely they almost crashed their bikes.
I don't dress weird, I'm a pretty average looking person and get good feedback for how I look all the time. There's nothing crazy eye catching going on with me from my knowledge except my long hair.
I might walk weirdly or in a nervous way, I'm not sure. I'm also pretty pale so they may think I'm a ghost.
But seriously I don't stare at people even when they do look weird! I just mind my own business, why is this so hard for some people?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:40 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Most of it might be just us thinking they look at us weird. Maybe they look at everyone like that.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:58 AM
forever awkward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Most of it might be just us thinking they look at us weird. Maybe they look at everyone like that.

That could be true in some cases, also if the sun is out and shining bright people sometimes squint their eyes and they look judgmental.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 09:30 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentsunset View Post
That could be true in some cases, also if the sun is out and shining bright people sometimes squint their eyes and they look judgmental.
It could also be that because we are anxious and awkward we attract those kind of reactions from people. Ever notice that when you're not as anxious people's energy is different and you see the world differently?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 09:58 AM
forever awkward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
It could also be that because we are anxious and awkward we attract those kind of reactions from people. Ever notice that when you're not as anxious people's energy is different and you see the world differently?

Yes, for sure. People can pick up on anxiety and be weirded out by it and want to stay away. Most of the times when people have approached me and been friendly have been when I was somehow more relaxed and not looking at things through the negative anxiety filter.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM
I'm not Dead...Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeomTech View Post
This crap needs to stop (This googly peering crap that these ****ers love to engage in); assuming they're actually looking at you. Geezus.... can't people just mind their own damn business?

I get it... I look weird or ugly (not sure about yourself; maybe you're super attractive or something)... Just leave me alone already!

And the worst is, I get it mostly from women (which annoys me because their glares are painful and convey feelings of strong disgust), old people (old farts that have nothing better to do than to ruin a person's day with their stinky glances), and babies / kids (super annoying btw). This really needs to be put to bed. Which is why I wish I had an invisibility cloak or whatever; so I can just coast around without recieving any nasty glares or anything.
The only people I get good reactions from is kids, but it's not all kids, maybe 2/10 if that.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 02:55 PM
SAS Member

It just sounds like your SA is causing you to be paranoid about how others see you, which is normal and happens to me all the time. Personally, I find that most people are too caught up in their own thoughts and lives to be deliberately judging strangers out in public. If they are staring they probably just find you interesting and unique, or maybe even attractive. Sometimes people just stare blankly while in deep thought without being aware who they're staring at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentsunset View Post
I was raised that staring at people is rude. Are people not teaching their kids this anymore?
People stare when I'm out and are nosy as hell. A couple was once staring at me so intensely they almost crashed their bikes.
I don't dress weird, I'm a pretty average looking person and get good feedback for how I look all the time. There's nothing crazy eye catching going on with me from my knowledge except my long hair.
I might walk weirdly or in a nervous way, I'm not sure. I'm also pretty pale so they may think I'm a ghost.
But seriously I don't stare at people even when they do look weird! I just mind my own business, why is this so hard for some people?
This is definitely not normal behavior haha. Are you sure they were a couple? It sounds like one of them was probably checking you out or maybe they thought they recognized from somewhere.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page