People are supposed to be enjoying life but what if you just...don't? - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 84

People are supposed to be enjoying life but what if you just...don't?


edit
conantheworthless is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 10:30 AM
GIT
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,059
I think the only way to enjoy life to it's fullest is to be financially free and know people who are the same and don't have many commitments. Everyone struggling to pay the bills with too many commitments and too little time.

I don't enjoy, can't cope with doing the vast majority of **** people do, or have to do.
The Notorious D.B.L is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Socializing with myself
 
EmotionlessThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, Westbury.
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 4,777
Enjoying life?

This sophisticated management program automatically monitors every individual agent called human beings. The citizens borrows a mind from the mind program from the emulation to enjoy the observers purposes rather than their own purpose of living in a digital existence. While the Multi-agent Quantum A.I Computers separate the people into groups to socially interact with one another.

Who's establishing when to have sex, receive job, income, who to date, where to work, when to die, when to sleep, how to be religious, who to murder, what to eat, how much to weigh during sleep, where to live? The A.I Computers.


The citizens don't have their own mentality or brain chemicals to socially interact with people correctly. All computer generated by Supercomputers for you to experience in the environment!

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
EmotionlessThug is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Socializing with myself
 
EmotionlessThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, Westbury.
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantheworthless View Post
A.I. very disturbing, and don't forget the camera's they are everywhere. Someone always sees where I go and when I go there. Voyeurism is a crime but the government is free to do it.
No. This existence is digitally created. A camera recognizes you as a software agent? Right? A digital screen shows you how technology can process an image of human beings on TV.



If the citizens don't know that they're socially dependent? Who the heck is governing them in the first place?


The early stage of the education system never taught us how to create technologies, create food ingredients, create pots, create homes, create clothes, create jobs, and create medicines? I can assure you the people mind who manufacture your computer or smartphone never existed to know what the technology is capable of doing. Do you know how to create a smart phone?

Voyeurism? the software engineers created that concept just like how they created the concept of mind control. The government is also being monitored. Dose the government know their socially dependent? Nope, because they're also groups of human beings who are socially managed by the A.I Computers programming.


Dose the government know that this place is digital? no. Someone who created the government knows that A.I shapes humanity 24/7.


I had to create my own mind to speak the language about this situation.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
EmotionlessThug is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 06:43 AM
SAS Member
 
Peanutbutter Toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The state of Confusion.
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionlessThug View Post
No. This existence is digitally created. A camera recognizes you as a software agent? Right? A digital screen shows you how technology can process an image of human beings on TV.



If the citizens don't know that they're socially dependent? Who the heck is governing them in the first place?


The early stage of the education system never taught us how to create technologies, create food ingredients, create pots, create homes, create clothes, create jobs, and create medicines? I can assure you the people mind who manufacture your computer or smartphone never existed to know what the technology is capable of doing. Do you know how to create a smart phone?

Voyeurism? the software engineers created that concept just like how they created the concept of mind control. The government is also being monitored. Dose the government know their socially dependent? Nope, because they're also groups of human beings who are socially managed by the A.I Computers programming.


Dose the government know that this place is digital? no. Someone who created the government knows that A.I shapes humanity 24/7.


I had to create my own mind to speak the language about this situation.

You're nuts, bro, but entertaining.
Peanutbutter Toast is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:34 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rainforest <-> Tundra
Gender: Female
Posts: 783
My Mood: Brooding
You can wait it out. It's what I'm doing. Everyone's life has an expiry date.
leaf in the wind is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,697
My Mood: Lurking
But do the majority actually enjoy it ? Or are they enjoying it cause they're supposed too.






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 01:50 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,543
Then you go and get medication or you do something to change it - or both.

Or of course you can stay on SAS here with us and keep complaining about it. We'll most likely still be here.
harrison is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:18 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,543
Sorry about the above post - I was in a slightly mean mood again this morning, obviously. I know it's not as easy as all that.

But it's essentially true. We can all pusyfoot around the truth if we like - or we can face facts, it's much the same for the rest of us too.

We do something to change - or we stay exactly the same as we are now, and so do our lives.
harrison is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,935
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2 View Post
But do the majority actually enjoy it ? Or are they enjoying it cause they're supposed too.
I personally think they're pretending. Well, most of them. There are exceptions to everything. It's obviously possible to get so lucky that living is effortless even if it consists of doing a bunch of tedious crap that most people hate. If you're lucky enough that it just comes to you naturally. But also, usually the people who are the happiest don't go out of their way to make sure everyone knows it. I think it's mostly the pretenders who make the most noise about how happy they are. Ironically.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:43 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I personally think they're pretending. Well, most of them. There are exceptions to everything. It's obviously possible to get so lucky that living is effortless even if it consists of doing a bunch of tedious crap that most people hate. If you're lucky enough that it just comes to you naturally. But also, usually the people who are the happiest don't go out of their way to make sure everyone knows it. I think it's mostly the pretenders who make the most noise about how happy they are. Ironically.
I don't think most people are pretending at all. Although a lot will obviously make out their lives are better than they are - on things like Facebook or Instagram.

Most people aren't broken - like us. They get on with their lives - and most of it is enjoyable. My son (thank God) isn't like me - he doesn't fear virtually everything and he doesn't appear to get manic. He's just come back from a genuinely incredible trip to different parts of China and then sitting on a beach in Thailand having cocktails with two of his friends.

I know it's easy to try and pretend everyone else is as unhappy as we are - but it's complete and utter nonsense. It makes us feel better to do things like that though.
harrison is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 12:20 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,935
My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I don't think most people are pretending at all.
But I think that they are.

I mean, if you think about it, what other choice do they have? If you let it be known how miserable you are, the world will shun you because it's an unwritten rule that you never speak unspeakable truths. The most unspeakable truth that exists is that you never speak of things that just plain suck and nobody can do anything about.

The saying "It's just how it is. Might as well make the best of it" really contains everything that I'm trying to say here. If you can accept that, you can probably be "happy". Happy in quotes because "happy" is the same thing (in this context) as "free". You're free but not really. But if you pretend you are and you convince yourself, you probably won't realize you're pretending after awhile. Like how some people are fake nice and don't even realize it but it's completely obvious to everyone else. Stockholm syndrome.


Quote:
Most people aren't broken - like us.
I speak only for myself but I think that most people are just acting the vast majority of the time and I think someone has to be pretty "broken" to put on a disguise every day without realizing it. But...as I said, they kinda don't have a choice so I'm not really blaming them. I'm just stating what I see as a fact. What they're doing is kinda what you have to do in order to survive. But some of us just are not convincing actors. Obviously, some people really enjoy acting. And like I said, if you're good at it, you might even be one of those people who enjoys it. I'm a terrible actor (obviously). I also am a very bad liar. So if someone asks me for a comment I will either tell them what I really think or I won't say anything. People like me generally do not do well in social settings because those are the only two choices that exist in our minds. People are scared of quiet people and they hate the kind of honesty where they ask you how you are and you tell them you're miserable. Especially in a setting where you should be miserable (They can't accept it and will try to talk you out of it because if they accept it, they might start to wonder why they aren't also miserable). People take this "nose to the grindstone" BS attitude because no one wants to hear the truth.

Anyway, my point was that even if they don't exactly consciously recognize that they're pretending (unless someone points it out, at which point they get defensive) it doesn't change the fact that many of them actually are and are just so deep in the role they have kinda forgotten themselves. Which (again) is nice if you can do it. Just not everyone can.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 12:27 AM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
But I think that they are.

I mean, if you think about it, what other choice do they have? If you let it be known how miserable you are, the world will shun you because it's an unwritten rule that you never speak unspeakable truths. The most unspeakable truth that exists is that you never speak of things that just plain suck and nobody can do anything about.

The saying "It's just how it is. Might as well make the best of it" really contains everything that I'm trying to say here. If you can accept that, you can probably be "happy". Happy in quotes because "happy" is the same thing (in this context) as "free". You're free but not really. But if you pretend you are and you convince yourself, you probably won't realize you're pretending after awhile. Like how some people are fake nice and don't even realize it but it's completely obvious to everyone else. Stockholm syndrome.




I speak only for myself but I think that most people are just acting the vast majority of the time and I think someone has to be pretty "broken" to put on a disguise every day without realizing it. But...as I said, they kinda don't have a choice so I'm not really blaming them. I'm just stating what I see as a fact. What they're doing is kinda what you have to do in order to survive. But some of us just are not convincing actors. Obviously, some people really enjoy acting. And like I said, if you're good at it, you might even be one of those people who enjoys it. I'm a terrible actor (obviously). I also am a very bad liar. So if someone asks me for a comment I will either tell them what I really think or I won't say anything. People like me generally do not do well in social settings because those are the only two choices that exist in our minds. People are scared of quiet people and they hate the kind of honesty where they ask you how you are and you tell them you're miserable. Especially in a setting where you should be miserable. People take this "nose to the grindstone" BS attitude because no one wants to hear the truth.

Anyway, my point was that even if they don't exactly consciously recognize that they're pretending (unless someone points it out, at which point they get defensive) it doesn't change the fact that many of them actually are and are just so deep in the role they have kinda forgotten themselves. Which (again) is nice if you can do it. Just not everyone can.
Sounds good mate - but I obviously disagree.

To me it sounds a bit like those young guys on an incel forum telling themselves women are all terrible anyway - and not worth the trouble. Or maybe they can take it a step further and pretend that sex really isn't all that great either.

Last time I had it it was pretty bloody fantastic. (from memory - it's been a while)
harrison is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 01:15 AM
Trailer Trash Tranny
 
truant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cislandia
Gender: Transgender
Age: 47
Posts: 9,283
My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
If you let it be known how miserable you are, the world will shun you because it's an unwritten rule that you never speak unspeakable truths. The most unspeakable truth that exists is that you never speak of things that just plain suck and nobody can do anything about.
I break this rule all the time on here but I don't do it IRL. I break it on here because I can't break it IRL.

IRL I'm generally a very warm, friendly person and I always tell everyone everything's fine, etc. Because nobody wants to hear about my problems and nobody can do anything about them. I don't like bringing people down or making them uncomfortable for no reason so I just smile and nod and try to make jokes so that everybody's happy and nobody worries.

But I'm terrible on here.

The only thing better than money is more money.
truant is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 03:09 AM
Greasy prospector
 
blue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The salty spitoon
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,697
My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
I personally think they're pretending. Well, most of them. There are exceptions to everything.
Well where I live, within family & the wider area & it's not even bad compared to big inner city areas, there's been numorous suicides in the last 30 years, cancer deaths, alcoholism, drug problems, a couple murders, sexual abuse & domestic violence, mental health related issues, never mind the tedious crap "normal" people have to listen too & do to survive

......... But it's ok life is paradise & I'm delusional <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/12.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>...the sunshine mind of the eternal optimist.






And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
blue2 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 04:53 AM
Yoink
 
sabbath9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,640


Deaths of despair are killing people everywhere. Don't despair, get active, vote against the "trickle-down" thieves. We need everyone to help restore the planet. Greed and insanity will not stop us from saving humanity and ending the extinctions happening.


www.freespeech.org

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
sabbath9 is online now  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:25 AM
SAS Member
 
Rumplesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 29
My Mood: Psychedelic
You only enjoy life if you're lucky and privileged enough to. I wish people wouldn't paint life as some gift when it's extremely unfair and cruel. Only the so-called winners brag about the "gifts of life".

I barely enjoy life but I don't envy those who enjoy it. The ones who enjoy it usually cling to living longer lives and want to believe they can be immortal or whatever. I don't even care about how others perceive life because all that matters is that I don't enjoy it.

It's best to accept the fact that it doesn't matter if you enjoyed it or not because in the end in death this whole experience will be forgotten anyway.

She was very beautiful. Kind, but sad.
Rumplesty is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:52 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,135
My Mood: Angelic
Don't pay attention to Fakebook, Flitter, and Instasham. They are fantasies.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 12:43 PM
The Wanderer
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,430
I think you can come across people of all types that are genuinely enjoying life. But there are a lot of fake people out there with fake smiles. It's not always how many possessions you have, it could the result of a good childhood or having a good family. Living the life you want and feeling freedom. But as far as most people enjoying life, I'm not so sure. I think it has more to do with how well you can respond to pressure and deal with problems in life. Some of the most content people out there understand acceptance.

[Everyone disliked that.]
Musicfan is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 02:20 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
But I think that they are.

I mean, if you think about it, what other choice do they have? If you let it be known how miserable you are, the world will shun you because it's an unwritten rule that you never speak unspeakable truths. The most unspeakable truth that exists is that you never speak of things that just plain suck and nobody can do anything about.

The saying "It's just how it is. Might as well make the best of it" really contains everything that I'm trying to say here. If you can accept that, you can probably be "happy". Happy in quotes because "happy" is the same thing (in this context) as "free". You're free but not really. But if you pretend you are and you convince yourself, you probably won't realize you're pretending after awhile. Like how some people are fake nice and don't even realize it but it's completely obvious to everyone else. Stockholm syndrome.


I speak only for myself but I think that most people are just acting the vast majority of the time and I think someone has to be pretty "broken" to put on a disguise every day without realizing it. But...as I said, they kinda don't have a choice so I'm not really blaming them. I'm just stating what I see as a fact. What they're doing is kinda what you have to do in order to survive. But some of us just are not convincing actors. Obviously, some people really enjoy acting. And like I said, if you're good at it, you might even be one of those people who enjoys it. I'm a terrible actor (obviously). I also am a very bad liar. So if someone asks me for a comment I will either tell them what I really think or I won't say anything. People like me generally do not do well in social settings because those are the only two choices that exist in our minds. People are scared of quiet people and they hate the kind of honesty where they ask you how you are and you tell them you're miserable. Especially in a setting where you should be miserable (They can't accept it and will try to talk you out of it because if they accept it, they might start to wonder why they aren't also miserable). People take this "nose to the grindstone" BS attitude because no one wants to hear the truth.

Anyway, my point was that even if they don't exactly consciously recognize that they're pretending (unless someone points it out, at which point they get defensive) it doesn't change the fact that many of them actually are and are just so deep in the role they have kinda forgotten themselves. Which (again) is nice if you can do it. Just not everyone can.
I agree with this entire post, take dating and job interviews for example, all those are are acting. If you go on a job interview and tell them you are generally suicidal and a mess when you wake up and you drag yourself out of bed, are you gonna get the job? No, you smile and say you love doing this and you have experience with this, but guess what? I also like running, working out and traveling! I am the whole package! Same with a date, if you show up and mope around and say you hate your sister and your job sucks and the hours are too long, she will run for the hills. You say you love your sister and your job is fulfilling and you love your co-workers.

Everything in life is acting, in the longest relationship i had, about 2 and a half years, i never let my guard down of loving everything EVER. You would think with time if someone warms up to you, you could then complain that you hate your sister and everyone in the neighborhood hates you? Try again. Even if someone was to get married, you need to keep up that facade of vaguely loving life and people and accepting everyone. If you work at a job and your co-workers see the real you, a guy who hates everyone and is annoyed by every celebrity and hates this athlete or that athlete, your co-workers will start to hate you slowly like within 2 SECONDS.

One weird quote i read is that if you think you are this or that, like create a new version of yourself, like live a lie, you often become confused which you is real. You actually in effect become the fake person you created
Disheveled and Lost is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome