paxil gave out please read - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused

paxil gave out please read

I feel worthless. I felt a million times better with paxil. It stoped working just like that after a year. I even took a little higher dose thinking it was tolerance but no I feel so horrible. I'm so scared I ****in hate life. There is always something happening to me.! Anyone experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 05:02 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Paxil never did anything to help my SAD. It keeps my neurosis in check, though, which is something. The only thing that helps me with SAD is tequilla (and other types of alcohol).

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Last Option Is CBD Oil

I've had it i'm going to shop today to get some. Doctors lie to me and never tell me that anti depressants can eventually stop working. Everyone is different but it stopped working for me and now i feel worse. I'm just waiting for the end to come

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

i hate drinking but i feel it's the only thing that makes me just forget about everything. It diminishes my problems at the moment but i just want to live happy. Paxil worked wonderfully and now it stopped and I feel so depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
Paxil never did anything to help my SAD. It keeps my neurosis in check, though, which is something. The only thing that helps me with SAD is tequilla (and other types of alcohol).
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Permanently Banned

Hang in there luv. Life is worth living, what else is there??

Don't worry Paxil is an old drug. There are more advanced drugs that can work for you if you want to continue that route. I took Seroquel that my brother had and it worked for a few days then it wore off but eventually I was happy it did. I'd rather not be dependent on anything. A bit of exercise ASAP can help you.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

thanks for replying. As a matter of fact I am working out now. life is a rollercoaster but i've been on the low parts if it since 9 years old. I'm trying. And everyone is different so i hope all you find peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinto View Post

Don't worry Paxil is an old drug. There are more advanced drugs that can work for you if you want to continue that route. I took Seroquel that my brother had and it worked for a few days then it wore off but eventually I was happy it did. I'd rather not be dependent on anything. A bit of exercise ASAP can help you.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 07:48 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinto View Post

More advanced drugs ? Well not really, there has not been any real breaktrough since paxil came up. Whether it s old or not is not so releavant. Look at nardil, the most efficient ad for sad, it's more than 50 years old.

Also seroquel is an antipsychotic, so I would stay away from it or keep it as a last resort. Paxil potential long term side effects are way less worrying.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 07:50 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardqueen135 View Post
I feel worthless. I felt a million times better with paxil. It stoped working just like that after a year. I even took a little higher dose thinking it was tolerance but no I feel so horrible. I'm so scared I ****in hate life. There is always something happening to me.! Anyone experience this?
Yeah it happens sometimes, meds poop out. You can try another ssri like zoloft or lexapro, it s the same class as paxil so there is a good chance they can help you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 07:51 PM
SAS Member

Also have you tried cbt ? Only taking a med is not so good.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

cbt? what is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassoulet94 View Post
Also have you tried cbt ? Only taking a med is not so good.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardqueen135 View Post
cbt? what is that
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cbt
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:49 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Well I have been on Paxil for a couple years now and am pretty much cured. How long have you been on it? I'm afraid it'll give out on me too.
Also, did the pharmacy give you a different brand? Maybe they did. Try switching back to your old brand if so.
One time my pharmacy changed Paxil brands on me and I could tell it wasn't working as strong. So I asked them to change it back and they did and it worked great then.

The world is quiet here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page