Not happy: After staying sober for one month, I binged 3 days in the past week. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Not happy: After staying sober for one month, I binged 3 days in the past week.

I literally feel like I'm in prison. I tell myself: Life isn't that bad that I need to drink. I have a good family, my health is good, and i got a new job. And I never go to parties so there's no reason to get blasted if I'm just gonna sit at home. That helped me stay away from booze for a month, but then the darkness came back. I have no life, i lost all my interests and hobbies pretty much at the same time and I don't feel comfortable or confident enough in myself to develop meaningful relationships.

I feel like I'm in a dangerous period is my life. I've had social anxiety since my Freshman year of high school, but even when i was alone and depressed I always found something fun in life. Now I literally wake up, go to work, and come home looking forward to going back to bed.

The weird thing is my parents pretty much have the same life. Other than a cruise vacation once a year they sit around all day reading a book, watching tv, or browsing the net. I don't understand how they seem to be perfectly content and I'm so miserable.

Is anyone going though a similar situation? I don't understand how I've become so apathetic with life. I guess it's a sign I need to make changes, but I really don't know what to do with my crappy genetics. I suck at life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:18 AM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
Perhaps you should do something spontaneous. Save your money. Travel. But something you've always wanted. Go to an event you found interesting. Or whatever weird and wonderful thought you might have had in the past. Drinking alcohol gives you a buzz and can sometimes take your worries away. Think about what you really want in life. Maybe it's time for a change.

Our hopes and expectations. Black holes and revelations.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:35 AM
🎄Moderator🎄

One month is good, and you should be proud of that. It is still a short enough amount of time that itís understandable that you binged. Itís easy to make mistakes when youíre trying to break any type of habit, especially at the start. If something small takes 60 days to change, alcohol must take even longer. You could try to forgive yourself and start again.

You could picture what things you would want to do if you thought you would be able to, and then try to do them. If thereís anything youíve wanted to learn, itís never too late. If you had a hobby or interest you used to be good at or liked a lot, maybe you could try it again and slowly find others you could do until you feel like you have more of a life.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page