(No Quoting, Only Venting) Whatís Bothering You Right Now? - Page 53 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1041 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:06 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
I'm super ok but also super hopeless. nothing good is going on lately and I doubt everything. I need something to look forward to

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1042 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:01 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
No one could possibly want to go out with me. Why would they? I have zilch to offer except my money which is the only thing anyone would want from me. I'm just a weirdo. And lonely.
post #1043 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 06:27 AM
dumb fantasy

Language: rambling
god damn! what is it with this medication!? I like these meds but they just seem impossible to get hold of or any type of consistency in me having access to them"!?

today
i'm sorry but we don't have that in, we ordered it last week ,we've just phoned the supplier, they said they sent it. but it's not here.... *sigh* (here we go again.)
previously
i'm sorry but due to shortages we can't get this one into stock...
previous to that
sorry but you need to book an appointment with your doctor to order this one...
previous to that
sorry but we can't do repeat prescriptions anymore...

I need to rely on this stuff to help combat my insomnia, i'm working more now so I have to depend on this stuff and can't have random bodge ups. why does it seem like everything is making this so flippin difficult!?
I actually had to walk 10 miles to an a&e out of hours doctor once because of this unreliable situation.

I like donuts

post #1044 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:58 PM
SAS Member

Yesterday morning I had a job interview and felt on top of the world. Then in the afternoon I started feeling like s*** and haven't stopped since. Depressed, hopeless, almost crying, I am damn miserable. No friends, no boyfriend, no community, nothing to look forward to. And the recruiter for this job emailed me and expects me to send in a thank-you/follow-up to this company. I showed up on time, dressed nicely, answered all their questions and smiled throughout. Why the actual f*** would I thank THEM? Just take it or leave it. Either you want to hire me or you don't. I shouldn't have to, figuratively speaking, s*ck anyone's d*ck to get a job. I am so miserable. This unemployment is making things even worse because now I REALLY am useless.
post #1045 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Well, work was just awful today.
Actually painfully awful to the point I donít want to go back to this particular place.
Being in a room full of people is bad enough, which can only be made worse by some one drawing attention to the fact I didnít fully take part in what they were doing.
Then some one grabbing me from behind and trying to get me to take part just made it far worse to the point I just wanted to get up and leave.
So yeah, today sucked.
Youíd think the ĎNo, Iím goodí would of sufficed.
How ever, this actually made it worse. Far worse and itís not the first time it had happened, but this was just worse.
I think it was the fact that some one grabbed me and I hate being touched.
Ugh.
post #1046 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:13 PM
-

It's been a long time since I've actually done something I'm passionate for. Most if not my whole life it was basically surrounded by things or people I felt obligated to serve, some of them which I am not really proud of. But that's all there really is to my existence. When the most important people are gone, I probably wouldn't fear too much about being gone, either. Yet another obligation.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. - Theodore Roosevelt
post #1047 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:33 PM
-

I don't think it's only just the fact of 'obligating' to people I care about - but just to people and how life is within them, generally. I've accepted just about everything that was labeled and thrown at me. I know what my limits are. Some were hard pills to swallow while others it may not phase me so much. But whenever I can be proven otherwise, it can only last for so long. I guess in some sense it really did nip me in the bud and that looking for some good outcome out of it would give the likelihood of some rapture happening beforehand.

I've watched a documentary/talk not long ago and kept replaying about how one guy referenced the Greek mythology story of Pandora's Box, and that once it was opened it caused the evils and sickness to unleash to mankind . The last thing that came out of it was hope. The last thing the guy asked, "what happens when you find out that hope isn't in there?" It got pretty deep. Hope underlies all else that happens, which also can be counterproductive since it deceives long enough where mankind can only handle so much and may never find that underlying answer that they want or need. The outcome you may only want in reference to hope just might not happen for everyone...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. - Theodore Roosevelt
post #1048 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, ちょっとだけ日本語, Java, C#
I'm a jaded pessimist and I hold a lot of unpopular opinions. I know that much of the time, when I share those opinions, they make people uncomfortable. All the time I write out long, intricate posts -- only to delete them because I just know that SOMEONE is going to be offended.

And this bothers me. Why should I be silent, just because what I have to say is uncomfortable for people? For that matter, why are so many people so damned insistent on upholding their comfortable, convenient lies -- and refuse to hear an occasional unpleasant truth? Why don't more people just take responsibility for all of their thoughts, actions and lives? Why is it so hard for most people to be deeply and truthfully honest?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." -Ayn Rand
post #1049 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:54 AM
your dads girlfriend

I think I’m on a path to a mental breakdown.

always
post #1050 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 06:00 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Feeling really crappy today...mentally and physically. I canít ever seem to put more than a few good days together. Getting more lonely and isolated by the day and fearing I will get progressively worse as the holiday season and winter approaches. I canít stand either of those things and struggle immensely during them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1051 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Ad astra per aspera.

Struggling to spend $300 on myself.

Miles to go before I sleep. Vale.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #1052 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:25 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Threat of vampire attacks as it's near hallowe'en.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #1053 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Ad astra per aspera.

How tf is someone telling you their own experience and your answer is no, you're wrong. I know what it really is. ****ing invalidating pple man. **** them.

Miles to go before I sleep. Vale.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #1054 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:30 AM
a

This homeless guy followed myself and a few work friends/colleagues walking to lunch, chanting at the top of his voice 'fking white sht and asian sht' over and over. A day later it still bothers me.

2b
post #1055 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:39 AM
green and blue

It's the 'little to no sleep at all night' of the week, that leads to the 'almost dies day' of the week. But that event won't be lonely anymore. A 2nd one for the week gets to join it from now on.

always
post #1056 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:33 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely
Lifeís moving 2 fast I donít know if Iíll be be able to catch up

Live life no matter what.. never quit you deserve better.
post #1057 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:45 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater View Post
No one could possibly want to go out with me. Why would they? I have zilch to offer except my money which is the only thing anyone would want from me. I'm just a weirdo. And lonely.
This is absolute nonsense!

I would go out with you literally right now if you were local, based on what you look like and you're interested in. We could go to the cinema as I read that you were going to see zombie land 2. Then for coffee, a meal, and a walk. That would be cool.

You wouldn't want to go out with me though because I'm unemployed. lol

I meet lots of women and spend time with them, either in groups or one to one as friends, but can't do anything further with it because I'm unemployed and absolutely can't see a way of being employed without the job driving me up the wall in one way or another lol

It sucks being sociable and having things to offer, but not being able to work.

I doubt I'd be single if I could sort out my work life tbh.

You are attractive and have a job and could find someone!
post #1058 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:09 AM
green and blue

Big effort needed for sleep tonight now. I'm already hearing my mind psyching myself out hard, and making me feel the physical aspects of why its so difficult. And I'm doing my typical avoidance habits, like posting here. ffs

always
post #1059 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:20 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Notorious D.B.L View Post
This is absolute nonsense!

I would go out with you literally right now if you were local, based on what you look like and you're interested in. We could go to the cinema as I read that you were going to see zombie land 2. Then for coffee, a meal, and a walk. That would be cool.

You wouldn't want to go out with me though because I'm unemployed. lol

I meet lots of women and spend time with them, either in groups or one to one as friends, but can't do anything further with it because I'm unemployed and absolutely can't see a way of being employed without the job driving me up the wall in one way or another lol

It sucks being sociable and having things to offer, but not being able to work.

I doubt I'd be single if I could sort out my work life tbh.

You are attractive and have a job and could find someone!
This is the no quoting thread but thank you. I kind of needed to hear that.

I saw Zombieland 2 and it was good. Haha. Coffee is nice, too.

It wouldn't be a problem for me if I was making really good money. But I'm not making quite enough. I'm getting there, though.

Sorry to hear. I was in the same boat as you. I never used to want a job. Not just because of the people but cause I wanted constant free time honestly. I think part of it was my depression.

You could find someone but yea. Seems like it takes work to get there unfortunately. :/ But imo, I dont think anyone's worth comes from their job. There's always a way to get disability or a side job. But it's hard to get on disability I think. :/ Easier said than done. There needs to be better services for the unemployed.
post #1060 of 1118 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
i'm too old to be feeling this way.