(No Quoting, Only Venting) What’s Bothering You Right Now? - Page 33 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #641 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 AM
SAS Member

My debit card FINALLY came in the mailbox. Only thing I'm mad about is the old man got mad at me when he gave it to me telling me I need to start checking the mailbox. So I told him I do check it. And I checked it close to 5 pm yesterday and didn't see any mail. So I don't get that. What am I expected to do? Sit a chair in front of the mailbox for hours doing nothing?

It took a month and a day to get here. At least it came, though. Never heard of it taking this long nor have I ever heard of a lot number not going through on the address and having to shorten the address just so it shows up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Looks like a big decision for me may be looming in the near future. Not sure how it will go but lets just say I don’t have a good feeling about it at the moment. One good thing though, this decision will put an end my work uncertainty one way the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #643 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:19 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Inspired
It was so hard to get out of bed today... I really realized I'm exhausted of living and nothing working out.. and then family issues are really making me feel like an empty black hole..

Listening to Brahms' Requiem and just feeling like everything is shattered and dreams have always been lost and everything in life already predetermined. I've always felt utterly powerless, just the facts my family can't even fix itself and simple problems make me crumble a part. It's out of my control, everything is out of my control and choosing.

If I was strong enough individually I would do everything alone but that's not possible, and the irony is to get to a point of secure independency you need a strong foundation in the first place, which comes from other people, not a vice filled environment.

I just want to be free

I'm no one

“I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.”

post #644 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:52 AM

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
This isn't bothering me I just didn't want someone to quote me since this is probably controversial (and I cba right now with someone responding.)

It's definitely a turn off for me when people compliment themselves. Not that I want them to have low self esteem but I don't like what it signals I guess. I think I'd care less if it was a woman doing it though, because my personal bias is that they're more insecure to start with so self confidence is sort of abnormal. A lot of guys aren't. That might be signalling too sometimes but I think a lot of the time it isn't (and besides research shows women have lower self esteem.)

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
post #645 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:10 PM
SAS Member

I dont know everything just sucks. Its really hard to make my self do anything thats not out of necessity. Like going work. My new job really helps my sa but im getting pressured to leave this job by my bf because its alot of driving. And some other reasons. That doesnt help the depressive feelings though. Been off anti depressants for about 8 monthsnow.
post #646 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:15 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I'm frickin' old.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #647 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:15 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

My Mood: Lonely
The curse lives on...the property deal is on the verge of collapsing. I foresaw this and warned the realtor about my curse. They now acknowledge it.

I'm the one... but without all the cool Matrix powers.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
post #648 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:20 PM
SAS Member

I think I try too hard to be girlish. I wish I was.
post #649 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:19 PM

🎸

Is stare into a phone
post #650 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:28 AM
Wishing Time Will Freeze.

Whenever I reach out to someone and the other party has zero interest in wanting to interact with me (as I suspected al along), all it does is it puts both of us in an awkward situation, causing them to want to avoid me from there on out, out of guilt. I really really need to stop doing this. And let others considered to be actually appealing and liked, do so.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #651 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 06:59 AM
-

Times like now I really ask myself why I bother to continue to keep going and 'trying'. Some things just can't be fixed.
post #652 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:29 AM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
Other patient decided to start on me for saying hi. Bit unsettled, screaming.. You don't know where to put yourself around distraught patients. Must be scared being stuck in here. Only thing is she's right next to the door, so I can't avoid here when I'm going out. Great.

This stomach ulcer is doing my head in.

Our hopes and expectations. Black holes and revelations.
post #653 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:00 AM
Permanent identity crisis

Most of my difficulties atm come down to I was taught well how I should be instead of accepted for how I am so I struggle to cultivate my voice of acceptance instead of the critic.

So this job doesn't pay as much as I'd like, doesn't challenge me and ideally I would've liked to be further along, but it pays the bills I do have, is something I can manage for the next 3 years, allows me to go to school and study at work, is in my field so gives me " experience" on a resume, offers overtime and allows me to go to therapy and manage other parts of my life without overwhelm. It basically pays me for existing at work instead of existing at home (as far as the amt of work I'll be doing lol.)

I choose to focus on the latter. It is good enough. I'm not judging myself anymore. This is where I am and I accept it. No need to fight and put myself down for being here. I can be miserable here or I can be ok with it. I choose to see it for all the benefits it offers me and to be ok with life instead of fighting against it. Cause putting myself down doesn't change where I am or get me where I want to be any faster, I'm still here lol. It just makes me miserable. And **** that. I don't need to be anything but who I am.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #654 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:53 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I leave behind a trail of destruction wherever I go. So it's best for me not to leave the house.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #655 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:22 PM

I spend a significant portion of every month wanting to really hurt people, in general. Like just cause people suffering. I hate so many things about them, so you can break it down to specific reasons, but at the end of the day it adds up to misanthropy.

🎸

Is stare into a phone
post #656 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 07:43 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
That's Ok.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #657 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:44 AM
Irreversibly Invisible

My Mood: Brooding
I give up.

An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.
post #658 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

Empty

I feel kind of stuck—like I'm in the middle of a step to get me somewhere nice but at the same time, the floor is kind of wobbly and shaky. It's frightening.

I feel as though I'm doing the right things but not quite exactly getting the right results.

A lot of that deals with not having the right motivation and or conviction but I'm trying the best I can while maintaining my sanity.

I don't want to dawdle on every darn thing that happens to me. I don't want to worry about all the things I'll have to be dealing with.

I just wish there was a straight path for everything. Alas, there isn't. More importantly, life does not always go how we want. There are things beyond our control.

It is frustrating constantly being at ends with that fact for a person like me who is berated with self-doubt, insecurity, and etc.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #659 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:00 PM
SAS Member

13 years later, still no friends. What else is new?
post #660 of 730 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
If I buy beer I won’t have enough money for my cab fare, which means I’ll have a long walk home...I really want those beers though

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page