(No Quoting, Only Venting) What’s Bothering You Right Now? - Page 21 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #401 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Broke boy

Been unemployed for a month now, and feel worthless at times. It can be hard to live in the past for me, something I need to improve.. If i wasn’t chronically injured I’d be utilizing the gym most likely, my favourite “nothing zone” as I like to call it. Every guy needs one where they can escape to once in a while. For some it’s working on cars, playing the piano, walking the dog etc. I just feel like I need to find my niche in life which is hard when I feel so physically limited.. I was never very artistic besides cooking I guess, which is an art and a science in itself.. I tried going go to an online chatroom but it was filled with ENTP types.. One of them was constantly inferring that I was bi-sexual and somehow managed to call me homophobic .. Too many faux mind readers out there who will argue just to argue.. Anyways it gets lonely at times and for such an introverted person, I don’t know where to start about getting into a relationship. I try to see people for people and not objects, but with the average being, it’s like conversation is so forced and boring. That is partly my fault for not learning the art of small-talk.. Like in the past I would ask questions about their school-life or something for example, and felt like i was being too intrusive. We live in a society people are so guarded and no one can say what they truly feel, but are so quick to go behind each others back..hmm...I guess that seeing the big picture is a hard thing to do, which is a shame because our time on earth is very limited.. At least learning that there are some cool/engaging people on here gives me hope in finding a circle some day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:34 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I need to get some papers shredded, but that requires driving about 10 miles before noon, and I just don't feel like it. Maybe I'll wait until there's free shredding at my credit union, although I don't know when that might be.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #403 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Feeling nervous trying to schedule a new volunteer interview for Monday at a thrift store. Let's see how this goes.

"Drifting and autocross is for the weak. We only do maximum velocity." - Unknown

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

post #404 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Persona Non Grata

My Mood: Worried
Another Saturday filled with loneliness and boredom. Sigh.
post #405 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:16 PM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I don't think there's anyone in the world I could feel comfortable with.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #406 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Persona Non Grata

My job really sucks right now, so hard for me to care about my work. Really tired of the non-stop gloominess both inside the office and outside...cloudy, rainy and cool is almost a daily thing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #407 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:10 PM
SAS Member

When everything sucks and nothing matters and you’re miserable and you fail at what you’re trying to do and you can’t have what you want and you’re surrounded by people who don’t agree with you and you’re single and you’re not getting better and ssris don’t work and therapy is a scam and you’re scared of people and you try to be normal but you’re not and everyone else is normal and you feel like crap and you’re getting worse or at least staying the same and you don’t connect with anyone and you feel like **** and you want to end it but not really because you still have some hope but sometimes it feels like nothing is good and you’re miserable and you’re alone because you can’t bond with people and you never fit in and you’re ugly and you’re trapped like this and it’s going to be like this forever and you don’t know what to do and you’re cowardly so you don’t change and every day is the same and you’re smart but not as smart as other people and you envy everyone and no one agrees with you politically and you’re alone and you don’t have a boyfriend and you’re incompetent.
post #408 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM
SAS Member

Language: Non-Verbal communication
My Mood: Tired
I hate some of the mandatory duties here...

“I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy.”
post #409 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Lonely Misanthrope

I don't want to be alive anymore.

Now I'm Nothing
post #410 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

My Mood: Lonely
I'm probably setting myself up for heartache.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
post #411 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:40 AM
Persona Non Grata

My brief window of hope and positivity has closed...back to feeling bleak, anxious and without hope. I am letting things in the news get to me again...thought I was over that.

post #412 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 PM
SAS Member

why can't they get this site to run decently?
post #413 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Senior Thread Writer

I can't ****ing wait till you're out of my brain, and the process is happening right now. You are no more! For 10 whole months all i've thought of is you and i hattttttte my self for it and i can not believe it's taken me THIS long to snap out of it! i hate you so much rn for consuming my life this way. i hate myself too for being a sucker for it. but no more. no more. enough now.

post #414 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:17 PM
SAS Member

JOBS

I don't understand what I'm doing. I wish I could understand people's intentions better. I try so hard to fulfill the immediate needs ad-hoc and forgot to think. So lame.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #415 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 PM

Language: sarcasm
I've been going back and forth wondering if I should have reached out or maybe my rejection had something to do with it and guilttripping myself for avoiding you since then... but I have to respect your autonomy whether or not I agree with your decision. That's what you chose to do and I have to respect that. I really wish it went any other way but I can't regret a decision that someone else made. I could torture myself about the (probably tiny) part I played in your life but it's illogical to make assumptions based on little to no evidence.

I don't believe in an afterlife or anything so I'm not going to pretend this is anything but me talking to a figment of my imagination. But yeah this sucks. I'm sorry.
post #416 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Senior Thread Writer

you are DEAD to me.

post #417 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 AM
Persona Non Grata

The feeling of apathy has really overtaken me.

post #418 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:17 PM

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I mean it doesn't really matter who I vote for does it? I can't even be bothered to investigate further. My life is going to be **** no matter what sooo.

Also... Other stuff bothering me that I guess I won't talk about...

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
post #419 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:21 PM
watching stars collide

its so tiring, as the circle of time repeats.
post #420 of 744 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:54 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Telling someone they are wrong to feel the way they do is really just another way of telling them you don't care about their feelings. Unsurprisingly, this often results in them not caring about your feelings, either.

Similarly, lying to them and telling them you understand their feelings and then making it obvious that you do not in the next sentence isn't exactly going to make them trust you. Lying is not a big trust builder. Or I should say that getting caught lying is the opposite of building trust.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page