(No Quoting, Only Venting) What’s Bothering You Right Now? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

(No Quoting, Only Venting) What’s Bothering You Right Now?

Some people who post in the original version of What’s Bothering You Right Now? would prefer not to be quoted, mentioned or given advice. Whilst this advice can be helpful and kind and is often given with good intentions, some people would just like a place to vent. They need a place to let their emotions out so they can feel better than they would if they kept them bottled up, where they will become worse, but they otherwise would rather not talk about what is bothering them. That is what this thread is for.

Please do not quote, mention or talk to anyone in this thread. It is only for venting. The original version of the thread is for those who would like to be quoted or given support.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:22 AM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Sick
This is so not a good idea.....this is a support forum. Kinda disappointing actually. I would bet the people asking for a thread like this need the most support deep down but hey best of luck

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #3 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:04 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Finally the cold virus got me. I escaped the virulent/extremely infectious virus that was going around my workplace in January somehow. At least 50% of the office got it. Guess the unusually cold February and the work stress finally weakened my immune system. Wonder if my electric blanket dying on Wednesday night has anything to do with it.

I really do much better in warm climates. I'd often go years without getting a cold/flu when I lived in California and Brazil. Cold climates (Japan, NYC, etc) just seem to make me sick.

Ewww...some snot just dripped onto my sheet that I just washed and won't be washing again for 2 weeks.... Last night I was breathing through my mouth. Awful feeling and makes the mouth all dry.

post #4 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Russian Modster

It's ONE thread in an entire forum with threads available for support. Most of the time it is welcome. We are just giving people the choice. There is a time and place for everything, but I feel respecting people's space is also important.

Not a big deal if people want to vent without other people digging into their personal situation. Everybody needs time alone sometimes, to process their thoughts and feelings. That's what this space is for, it's another form of support.

:: As it stands, more people are willing to kill for what they believe in, rather than die for it ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #5 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:39 PM

Language: sarcasm
I actually like this idea a lot. I appreciate those who want to support or give advice but sometimes it seems really insincere or the questions and stuff are unwanted.

--Nothing's really bothering me right now though. I guess I'm annoyed at the chores that I have to do today.
post #6 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Miles 2 go before I sleep

Ooooh awesome thread. Definitely needed here.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #7 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Bleep blorp blop bip boop

My Mood: Lurking
I just washed my car on Friday afternoon.

You are the wave, I am the naked island.
post #8 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Russian Modster

Thread Warning: Please keep in mind the rules of the forum & this thread. Any comments considered spam will be deleted. Thank you.

:: As it stands, more people are willing to kill for what they believe in, rather than die for it ::

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #9 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Lonely Misanthrope

People who have no respect for personal boundaries.

Now I'm Nothing
post #10 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:10 PM
SAS Member

lack of a love life.....of course.
post #11 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Tired

Language: English
Yeh, so that happened yet again. I hope it wasn't what I think it might be, that would just be ****ing sad for me, tbh. It could be though. Unfortunately there is no way I can talk to her about it now.
post #12 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:18 PM
bird

Love this thread idea. I usually just want to vent in peace, without receiving generic and almost phony responses/concern. Being quoted makes me anxious about having to respond.
post #13 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Russian Modster

If members have issue with this thread, they certainly don't have to participate. The original What's Bothering You is still available, among hundreds of others. It's unfair to criticize other members in here simply for disagreeing with it.

There is no reason to have such issue with one thread, that is asking for users respect of space. Members asked for this space for their own support needs, so please be respectful of that. It also helps users to avoid having to make the awkward and uncomfortable request to not be quoted, after all this is a social anxiety support site.

Honestly there's more to life guys. Go outside, appreciate nature. It's all good

Попроси у облаков
Подарить нам белых снов
Ночь плывет и мы за ней
В мир таинственных огней
post #14 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
☆ Moderator ☆

I’m glad to see that so many people think this thread is a good idea. Thank you.

For anyone who thinks this thread is a bad idea, the original one still exists. The “Only Venting” thread is still a form of support by allowing people to have the space they need whilst letting their problems out. It also enables them to delete the post without worrying about it remaining in quotes should they no longer wish to have it posted here.

Please do not spam. That is not the purpose of this thread, and spam will be deleted.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #15 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:53 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
Thank **** for this thread, sometimes I just wanna vent and not receive responses or pm’s asking questions and then feel guilty for not responding because I have social anxiety and don’t know how to respond.

pretty when I cry
post #16 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 PM
lagrimas negras

This is a very cool thread. Nice to see the mods are trying to make everyone here feel comfortable. Of course there's nothing wrong with showing support and giving advice to others who are down and out (that's a great thing) but like others have said, sometimes people just want to vent in peace.

I hate Mondays. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
post #17 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM
SAS Member

i just don't fit in.
post #18 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu

Language: Luuvvvv
Yes, I'd agree that this thread gives a no-pressure to respond kind of vibe. Obviously people will have responses but will not always understand. I've known some who don't necessarily want pity or fleeting reactions to their venting, which makes sense. It's better to vent and not know almost, if anyone has read it but doesn't respond.

In which case, I'll just put here that I'm surprised even to this day how I have some days bowled over in a complete haze/down mood and literally do nothing. Then I'm like Lazarus and become undead and start life again. My tummy hurts. I hope people around me understand my non-living and lifestyle.
post #19 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Dead
Only 2 days off so far, and i'm already going to lose it. I wish I had something to do.
post #20 of 969 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:30 PM
SAS Member

almost 100 matches and almost 300 girls have swiped right on me on tinder alone and I've managed to turn a small handful into something more than one or two messages...

me: 5 depression/sa: 400+

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page