No one will read this, it's alright though - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad

No one will read this, it's alright though

Hey there members of SAS forum, my name is Loser_0. I am here to vent out my utter frustrations regarding my situation. Please be nice to me.

I never stood a chance in this world. It seems like no matter what I try to do, I never find success. I was born as an inferior being, and thus, I was made to suffer.

My dream in life is to be a nurse. I've always loved helping people, it makes me very happy to see someone in joy because of what I've done. I also enjoy reading about anatomy, medicine, etc. There are other reasons which I won't disclose here, but this would be perfect for me. I believe becoming a nurse will make me happier in life.

Unfortunately, as I said previously, I am an inferior, made to suffer. I believe I am an inferior because I have done terribly in high school, and thus, will not be able to pursue my dream. Not only that, but failing the easiest thing in the world, twice, makes me feel inferior, because the majority are able to overcome this stage in their life.

Not me, however. I am stuck as a high school failure, unable to progress. I tried everything, and I just wish I was smarter. I really do. But, it turns out I am a low iq inferior being who never stood a chance. Sigh, I just wish I wasn't so stupid.

On top of that, and I will try to be brief so this post is not too long, I have ADD, depression, social anxiety (duh), severe brainfog, general anxiety, an ugly face, and a feeling of being unloved. The last one in particular hurts, because that means that I have no one to talk to and trust. No one cares.

I often hear from my parents than this is how the world works, that no one cares about anyone else, there is no "humanity", and that everyone has some sort of ulterior motive. If that is truly the case, then why would anyone in their right mind would want to participate in such a cruel and exploitative world, where everyone is out to get each other, and words like "love" and "friendship" would have completely lost their meaning. I mean, I have my doubts about this worldview, but, at the same time, it seems to explain why I am in this state and why the world as a whole is in the state that it is. It would explain why all these people hurt me.

I know no one's going to bother reading this, but that's alright. No one cares anyway, I guess that's how this world works. I'm used to being ignored and disregarded anyway. I just wanted to vent out my frustrations, and get this off my chest, because it is such a dire situation. I am desperate and hopeless. There is no saving me. There is no helping me. Nothing can cure my genetic inferiority. I know I will never be able to achieve my dreams or reach any of my life goals which I set for myself.

And, that is what hurts the most. Knowing that there is no escape, that time is running out, that everyone is so far ahead of you, that there is nothing you can do except surrendering and awaiting the hour of death to tick.

I'm done. No more of this please. Make it stop. Make it go away. Help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Oh, I also have never-ending fatigue. I can't believe I missed that. It plagues my life a lot.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:38 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Well I took the time to read it so you are wrong that nobody would. So perhaps your wrong about other things as well. Perhaps things are not as hopeless as they seem?

So how old are you by the way? Do you have a job currently and live on your own?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Well I took the time to read it so you are wrong that nobody would. So perhaps your wrong about other things as well. Perhaps things are not as hopeless as they seem?

So how old are you by the way? Do you have a job currently and live on your own?
You're right, I guess I was a bit melodramatic when I said that no one would read this. Well, I'm glad you took the time to read it anyway, I guess.

I do not have a job and I live with my parents. I am almost 19 years old.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 09:56 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser_0 View Post
You're right, I guess I was a bit melodramatic when I said that no one would read this. Well, I'm glad you took the time to read it anyway, I guess.

I do not have a job and I live with my parents. I am almost 19 years old.
Well your only 19 so you got plenty of time to turn stuff around. Im 42 now and I was in a lot worse situation when I was 19 then I am now. So things do get better if you start making good decisions and have goals your working towards.

I assume you live in the USA. What part of the country? City or small town?

Nursing is a great field to get into? Pays great and you can get a job anywhere doing it. Nursing school is tough from what I have heard but it pays off if you can make it through.

Your only 19 so now is the time to take some calculated risks in life. You got time to recover if you screw up and dont have all the family and career obligations of some one middle aged. So you have less to lose so why not give it a try? As the old basketball saying goes (you miss 100 percent of the shots you dont take)"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 11:22 AM
SAS Member

Language: American English, Gibberish
Well, you are young, and your mind is not completely 'molded' from trying to learn new things. I mean, it still can be possible for those who are a bit older but it can be a slower process as we age. While I am trying not to say this lightly since I can empathize a bit with your mentality (and situation), just because you may have failed one thing (I'm assuming high school for you) doesn't mean it's a be-all-end-all. Unless you make it that way.

Have you tried to take up courses for nursing school? Two year institutions (we call them community colleges here) can help for you to see if it's the right career path for you. Unlike the mandatory mainstream school system (high school and under), you can learn at your own pace with what courses you take and find out what type of learning best suits you. Unfortunately, the general education system hasn't fully caught up that not everyone learns in the same standardized testing way. It doesn't make you inferior - in fact, you might actually find out that you're gifted because of the slightly different wiring on how you process information. Creativity can help people thrive and that's how new ideas form. Sadly, you seemed to have internalized what others may have (inadvertently) said or thought about you. That is my guess.

Again, I can empathize with you in that department. At nineteen there's a lot of pressure from others to know what you're doing with your life and comparing yourself with your peers, etc. It's all noise because people tend to show 'the good side' of their lives and therefore yours 'has' to follow the same pattern. In reality this is more often than not far from the case.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM
SAS Member

Liar, people have read this. Just kidding welcome to the circus.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:19 PM
🧱

Language: None
Nurses are the ultimate heroes especially at the moment, but there's tons of different jobs (medical and otherwise) that involve helping people that don't require anything as challenging as nursing school. Try exploring some different options until you find one that feels right for you. And give yourself time and don't expect yourself to work yourself into the ground just because everybody else seems to.

I flunked out of my intended major when I was 21. It was probably for the best.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:49 PM
Long Term Member

I read this and you have to realize a lot of your problems come from how you see yourself. You're not a low IQ guy, it sounds more like it's your perception of yourself, don't feel scared about talking about your negativity though, it's basically what SAS has always been about.

To add to this, yeah a lot of people only care about themselves, but yeah it's cruel but I guess this is places like this have always been about. Listening to each other.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 03:48 AM
SAS Member

hey what struck me about your post waas how articulate you are....that is a sign of intelligence.....dont mind iq tests....they are stupid themselves as if one was to believe them then i was more intelligent at 18 than i am now at 44.....you get what im sayingyeah, i would do worse at an iq test now than when i was 18.....am i to believe that, obviously not.....iq tests are a joke!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page