My trip from HELL!!!! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

My trip from HELL!!!!

Hello every 1 I am Sky I've written a few times on the forums.

I got a greyhound nus ticket 2 Dallas, Tx I wanted 2 get away from home everything here in Louisiana hasn't been that very good 4 me I am tryin 2 find a job get back into school etc....

So like a stupid person I paid 55 $$$ for a ticket 2 go somewhere that I knew noone. As soon as I got there I was freakin out cryin etc.... anyways As I am walking around downtown dallas a homeless man tries to RAPE!!! me yes I am serious no b/s.. I came back home yesterday I has 2 come up with 55 $$$ 2 get back 2 Louisiana...

I told 1 of my book club members' what happen she said " ITS NOT THAT BIG OF DEAL PEOPLE GO THREW WORST STUFF THAN THAT" That &^% really pissed me off...

I feel bad b/c if I wouldnt have left for Tx that wouldn't of happen I hate life right now & I dont know what 2 do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

Sorry your trip was so stressful.

I can't believe that homeless man tried to do that. How awful.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 11:57 AM

She really said "People go through worse stuff than that" ? That was cold. I know what you were trying to do. The thing is it costs a little more and takes a little more planning to get out like that. You'll need a hotel room for how ever many nights you want to stay and you'll need money for tickets to anything you want to see and possibly for a rental car if you go anywhere that doesn't have good easy public transit..which is actually most of the United States. It's best if you can go somewhere that you can stay with friends because they can show you around and make you feel safe. I know that's hard because how are you going to make a friend in someplace you've never been. Be careful of internet friends because people can be anyone online. Still it will be good for you to venture out now and then, just give a try to someplace closer first and work on planning where you will stay and what you will do and see while you are there.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 PM

I live right next to Dallas. I've been hearing about crime getting worse in downtown, but I didn't realize just how bad.

I understand about the need to get away from things. I feel that way alot. Sometimes I just want to use whatever money I have left and just leave here.

But as SheKrayz said, if you dont plan these things out you can wind up worse off than you were originally. Not trying to pour salt into your wound because I know how you feel about wanting to get away. Im sorry you had such a horrible experience here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page