My time is running out. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My time is running out.

I can't even function in the scary real world.

Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
I can't either man.. That's why I hide in my room and listen to music on my iPhone all day.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourself View Post
I can't either man.. That's why I hide in my room and listen to music on my iPhone all day.
I can't hide forever , I was told this is last year before I get kicked out.
Posted via Mobile Device

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRoadNowhere View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
That's not right, man. Your parents are supposed to be there for you when you need them.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Permanently Banned

There are different levels of functioning. You are alive, surviving. A pitiful existence, but not devoid of all joy?
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:17 AM
I still bleed

I wish we could all have a virtual world, with no one to judge, comment, reject or criticise. Go on so many virtual dates. With so much of technology around, why doesnt anyone build one....

“I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.” – David Levithan
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:25 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetSacrifice View Post
I wish we could all have a virtual world, with no one to judge, comment, reject or criticise. Go on so many virtual dates. With so much of technology around, why doesnt anyone build one....
You have MMORPGs for that. But even they are filled with toxic communities. So we do not have anywhere to go but keep suffering in the real world.

“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now
mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:42 AM
I still bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by green9206 View Post
You have MMORPGs for that. But even they are filled with toxic communities. So we do not have anywhere to go but keep suffering in the real world.
Clicking a mouse and a keyboard, and reading some text on screen? Or even an otome game? No thats not a date. Occulus and cardboard is getting there, but i think the current technology can fully support it. Something like www.imdb.com/title/tt0262826/

“I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.” – David Levithan
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 04:00 AM
forever single

Never mind time running out – in my eyes time has run out. By this, I mean the opportunity or means in somehow completely turning around the greyness that's my life. Barring my parents and the very occasional, rare contact from my brother, I'm basically alone. No friends and only work acquaintances that largely snub me or find some sort of condescending remark to make against me.

I'd happily go along with @sweetSacrifice 's idea of wanting to live in a virtual world. I've actually thought about this before. Set it to 'Normal' mode and then we'd maybe see some normality in our lives where people would treat us like actual people and not anomalies that are best avoided – or joked about as they know we won't have the 'gift of the gab' to argue back. Members of the opposite sex would also accept us and we'd get a fair share of the cake that they happily give out to everyone else…

I'd love to roll the clock back ten years, maybe twelve, and tried to make the effort then that I've done in recent years. I might have stood a slim chance of at least retaining one or two friends if nothing else. Sadly, everyone has since steamrolled on ahead in life, left me so far behind it's not even remotely amusing any more and I'm now nothing more than an insignificant, distant memory. Meanwhile, I have to 'make do' with merely existing from one year to the next with no changes and not even a hope of change.

Nothing ever 'materalises' for me as it does, as standard, for other people. This is where the biggest problem is.

"My life is an endless purgatory, interrupted by profound moments of misery"

My Blog: https://haymansafc.wordpress.com/
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:57 PM
SAS Member

Keep fighting yall, I know it's rough but wouldn't you rather die trying. Could always be worse, remember that. Some ppl don't even get a chance.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:58 PM
SAS Member

Don't even think of the past. It's gone, sooner you realize that the better. Easier said than done.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:30 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
They're probably bluffing.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:47 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Originally Posted by green9206 View Post
There have been a few guilds built from this site, as far as I am aware. I have never joined any, but it would be a more tolerable and fun game to play when you are with people you can relate to on some level.

For now, I mostly stick with EverQuest and RIFT. Both communities are fairly good, as far as I have experienced. EverQuest is especially decent thus far, if you can stomach the older graphics, sounds, animations etc.. I sort of like it, but I'm old.

When not playing games, a good book or movie are fantastic means to give yourself to an alternative world.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
I can't even function in the scary real world.

Posted via Mobile Device
I don't even know if that world exists, or if it is just a depiction of reality sold to us by advertisers trying to make a few extra bucks. I certainly do not exist in that world, I exist in a world far removed from what I see on the television.

I don't know if I am helping here, just trying to tell you the real world is not necessarily what we think it is. You don't need to make a lot of money, have a hot girl/boy friend, be surrounded by friends who match up to the depictions we see on television. It is all fake man, don't fall for it.

You can function in the real world, perhaps not in that made up world we are fed to believe in day and night, but surely you can make it in the real world.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Never mind time running out – in my eyes time has run out. By this, I mean the opportunity or means in somehow completely turning around the greyness that's my life. Barring my parents and the very occasional, rare contact from my brother, I'm basically alone. No friends and only work acquaintances that largely snub me or find some sort of condescending remark to make against me.

I'd happily go along with @sweetSacrifice 's idea of wanting to live in a virtual world. I've actually thought about this before. Set it to 'Normal' mode and then we'd maybe see some normality in our lives where people would treat us like actual people and not anomalies that are best avoided – or joked about as they know we won't have the 'gift of the gab' to argue back. Members of the opposite sex would also accept us and we'd get a fair share of the cake that they happily give out to everyone else…

I'd love to roll the clock back ten years, maybe twelve, and tried to make the effort then that I've done in recent years. I might have stood a slim chance of at least retaining one or two friends if nothing else. Sadly, everyone has since steamrolled on ahead in life, left me so far behind it's not even remotely amusing any more and I'm now nothing more than an insignificant, distant memory. Meanwhile, I have to 'make do' with merely existing from one year to the next with no changes and not even a hope of change.

Nothing ever 'materalises' for me as it does, as standard, for other people. This is where the biggest problem is.
Man. That's a grim outlook. I know it's hard to believe dude - but time doesn't exist. I have several friends that have died before the age of 17. I had a cousin who had a muscular disorder and he was confined to a wheelchair. Literally, his muscles over time disintegrated to the point he was nothing more than a husk of a person and eventually his lungs gave out. Yet - he was fully functional brain wise. He was wicked smart and I'm sure he felt like he had no opportunities despite his brain being fully functional and aware his body just wasn't. People who develop ALS or huntington's or numerous other diseases that break down the body. Trust me man - it's never too late. Yes, I understand you have regrets. I have tons of regrets myself. But that's just it - everybody has regrets. But you got to stop with the comparison. Comparison will kill you. Time doesn't exist. You are not other people. You don't need to measure up to anybody. My friend - It pains me to see you hurting yourself like this. You got to do yourself man. Time doesn't exist. Comparison is ugly. You live your life man. You got all my love friend.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:19 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
I've got maybe 1-2 years MAX to turn things around. Not just a slight change, but a full 180. When you start from the bottom, you aren't content until you reach the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9090 View Post
Being born ugly is like being held down and having human **** packed down your throat, and you have to swallow it to keep breathing.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:27 PM
SAS Member

time waits for no one, you have to make the best of yourself! It's not easy to confront your fears, but those fears are a reality you set for yourself. You have the power to control it or at least look at it from a different angle. Know who you are, build yourself up, try not to pay attention to other people who look at you wrong, surround yourself with people who give you support and travel!! get to know different places and people ...experience life to the fullest. DONT LIMIT YOURSELF! Be loving and compassionate! you don't want your existence to be known for nothing. Participate and contribute
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 02:50 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
You'll live.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Socializing with myself

Language: Created my own language for context
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetSacrifice View Post
All of those elements are created for this social experiment, I considered them as human errors. You can already see how strictly everything is being controlled by Artificial Intelligence, at best we will have androids to help us with affection, and the ability to upload our consciousness to a computer as trials and errors. They already have this technology prepared to keep us in some kind of sick twisted fantasy.

Code lyoko, sword art online, expelled from paradise, log horizon.

The series centers on a group of five teenagers who travel to the virtual world of Lyoko to battle against a malignant artificial intelligence named X.A.N.A. who threatens Earth. The series is presented in 2D hand-drawn animation and CGI.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers governing citizens 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers & NASA computationally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events. Getting away with airplane crashes, accidents, diseases, homelessness, and suicides.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 03:33 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
I feel like I'm not ready for the real world as well. I'm going to be graduating college next semester, but I honestly feel like I'm still a freshman in college. Even though I feel like a teen still, I'm now trying to work my way up, gradually that is.

The present moment is infinite.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page