My social anxiety is holding me back - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:16 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Can I just say having friend isnt everything. I think its like money, object, or anything someone desires. It sounds nice, but it's not all smiles. I do have social anxiety, but I do have one close friend. It took me many years without ANY friends to get to that place to feel comfortable to open up and be a friend. However, it's not all that great. I prefer to be alone. Friends arent going to heal us, and they wont complete us, tbh they can kinda just cause drama and annoyances! I live my life alone, and if I am honest I enjoy it. I think we try to hard to be like all these other people who make socializing look so easy, when I think a lot of us truly enjoy spending time with ourselves. I know people who LOVE being up someones butt 24/7, like my friend I mentioned? She used to text her ALL day, call her on her breaks, this girl can't be alone. I think there can be something really beautiful about living a life alone. It's too much energy trying to be someone I am not. I hope this can help, and just know your life is enough! You don't need anyone else to make it better. Focus on you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page