My pshyciatrist completely ****ed me over - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My pshyciatrist completely ****ed me over

Had an appointment regarding meds. I asked if I could try something longer lasting like clonazepam instead of xanax, I feel like that would help my anxiety better.
He consulted with another psychiatrist and they said no and then prescribed a sleeping aid and wrote that it's for my mood and to sleep better.

No more anxiety reducing meds, he completely cut me off and gave me something i don't even need and won't help my crippling social and general anxiety. His last word as we parted was ''think positive thoughts''

Can't tell if it was a joke or not and now I have no idea what I should do. They just abandoned me and bascially said screw you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM
the knowledge void

What scrip did you get?

Also yeah lol. My new doctor cut my benzo prescription. I told her my old doctor prescribed it (same clinic even) and she still adamantly refused to renew it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:00 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Get yourself some high quality full spectrum cbd oil my friend. P-docs are nothing but crooked drug dealers who want an easy job.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
What scrip did you get?

Also yeah lol. My new doctor cut my benzo prescription. I told her my old doctor prescribed it (same clinic even) and she still adamantly refused to renew it.
Got mirtazapine, got crap reviews. Doubt I'll even feel it haha. Like going from high doses of xanax to that just won't work

self possessed
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
Get yourself some high quality full spectrum cbd oil my friend. P-docs are nothing but crooked drug dealers who want an easy job.
you're absolutely right about the docs lol. Do you have any recommendations for cbd oil? You can message me if you'd like

self possessed
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:31 PM
bipolar

Do you have a GP that you've known for a long time? That's where I get a script for Valium periodically.

Most doctors are clamping down on benzos and have been for a while - with good reason in some cases. It varies and I know how good they can be - I was on a high dose of Xanax for years but eventually spent a lot of time in psych wards withdrawing from them too - it's not very nice.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

I would avoid Klonazepam like your life depended on it. I was on it when i had akathesia for a month or 2. I guess you are saying you were on Klonopin which is another name for it. Klonopin is the only medication I took that had such a short-lasting effect on me. After about 20 minutes, it wore off so the effect for me was not long-lasting. Klonopin is not meant for long-term use and is EXTREMELY addictive. If it can help you, I guess great but this is NOT meant in any way for long-term use. I am taking 2.5MG od Zyprexa brand version and it does cost $900 a month if i was not covered. You can cut the pills into quarters but ONLY use brand versions. Generic versions of practically all those medications are garbage. Zyprexa causes a TON of weight gain but I basically can't live without it. I have not gained weight on it in years, but I also regularly will not eat for 20 hours in a row (at least 3 times a week). If you can somehow avoid overeating and eating starch and stuff, zyprexa is a miracle medication. Only take a tiny amount or you could easily gain 2 pounds a day from it. It is the only medication I am on and the only one that helped me
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 PM
the knowledge void

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucass9 View Post
Got mirtazapine, got crap reviews. Doubt I'll even feel it haha. Like going from high doses of xanax to that just won't work
That's awful, it's not even an anxiolytic AFAIK it's just a sedating antidepressant

But yeah if you can get cbd legally (cough), that's not a bad idea at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:03 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucass9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelinquishedHell View Post
you're absolutely right about the docs lol. Do you have any recommendations for cbd oil? You can message me if you'd like
There's an organic hemp farm in Oregon called Red Barn Hemp. I bought some cbd capsules there recently and it had the strongest and longest lasting effect of any other type I've tried. They have an online store as well.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 AM
MAGA

I'd never noticed a difference between clonazepam and xanax, but then again I take it rarely only when I feel I need it. I can relate to a pdoc quack trying to screw me over where he was going to prescribe me on seroquel. I ditched him real quick. I wasn't going to sleep the rest of my life away or do worse damage to my brain, no way. Vitamin B12 is also a good light mood leveler if you want an alternative.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page