my frustration has reached a peak. I am going Spartan - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

my frustration has reached a peak. I am going Spartan

Things are not going well, with respect to getting my **** handled. I am very frustrated with my life situation. Recently I have been using tv as a drug. watching up to 4 to 5 hours in the evening. It just seems like when I watch my programs I can forget everything for awhile and no have to think about my life. I see people on the tv and don't feel lonely, but its not real at the end I am still alone by myself. TV is indeed opioid for the masses-the devils tool.

Then if I did not watch it for an evening I get an uneasy feeling like I need to, I swear this **** is like a drug. well 5 hours a night is too much. I think I have an addictive personality, I cant watch 1 hour in moderation, when I watch I go all in and binge.

So I am going Spartan, no TV, I have cut the plug off that ****er. No more mindless entertainment for me. I am going to cut off any thing that does not serve me. Clean diet, no tv, no nothing. I'm a go Spartan on that ****, cold showers in the morning 50 press ups before breakfast. My focus is on making my nut and getting a GF. Either I succeed or not I cant have regrets.

Tomorrow I will again go talk to strangers on the street and hit on women in the local mall. Number farming is not efficient but it helps me I guess. Funnily enough I find my self getting more selective and less tolerant of bs that I find in people-weird.

As I type this I have got some idiot in the flat above singing stupid voice exercises or something at 11:30 pm on a Sunday night, some people just need to be slapped for having no consideration or manners.

I can do it

"I am Chereogo, the horse with no name..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 04:13 PM
SAS Member

I look forward to you immediately failing your goals.

You can't just immediately go cold turkey and expect yourself to magically get better. You need to develop a slow progression, until eventually you're no longer reliant on whatever you're trying to stop.

And do you even have something to replace watching TV? If not what do you expect to do? Pushups all day until you dig your way to the Earths core? Clumsily flirt with women until everyone in London has rejected you?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Just replace that lame TV with exercises and long walk or bike rides. You'll forget tv in no time. Start writing or reading more. Take up some kind of hobby. The thing is, whatever time you spent watching tv, you need to replace that something else.

I've done that a long time ago myself with tv. Quit watching completely and started working out more and more. I still watch some shows on the pc and play videogames though. It's just that i do on my spare time now, not when i should be doing something else instead. They don't control me anymore.

What is a man?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

[QUOTE=RandomGentleman;1082262553]I look forward to you immediately failing your goals.

You can't just immediately go cold turkey and expect yourself to magically get better. You need to develop a slow progression, until eventually you're no longer reliant on whatever you're trying to stop.

Thanks for the encouragement dude!lol. I just said I dont seem to be able to do moderation, so a slow progression does not work. Ehat part od tat do you not understand? It has to be cold turkey. I anticipate THE DOPAMINE WITHDRAWAL symptoms, but I am going to plow through. I already feel like a weight has been lifted. 4 to 5 hours more every day to do what I want.

Scrub zero-kudos man. Seriously well done. What were your reasons for quitting, and did it help you achieving your goals? You Sir are an inspiration, exactly what I needed to hear right now!

"I am Chereogo, the horse with no name..."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 03:52 AM
SAS Member

Sounds like a plan, very good thing that you've plug that ****ing tv off

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 04:21 AM
rotting away in pain

people still watch tv?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 07:25 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereogo View Post

Scrub zero-kudos man. Seriously well done. What were your reasons for quitting, and did it help you achieving your goals? You Sir are an inspiration, exactly what I needed to hear right now!
Tv was all i used to watch. I did nothing else beside that and play videogames. all day. I just got fed up and quit the TV. Eventually when you watch other people have lives on a screen you realize you're the one not living yours. So i stopped.

I sold the TV and bought a brand new cheap bike with the money from a friend back then. Started to ride every day. Been doing it for the last 15 years. I recently bought some weights too and started lifting a bit.

Sometimes i'll sit with my sister and nieces to watch TV and i get bored of it within ten minutes. I get up and do something else.

What is a man?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
Tv was all i used to watch. I did nothing else beside that and play videogames. all day. I just got fed up and quit the TV. Eventually when you watch other people have lives on a screen you realize you're the one not living yours. So i stopped.

I sold the TV and bought a brand new cheap bike with the money from a friend back then. Started to ride every day. Been doing it for the last 15 years. I recently bought some weights too and started lifting a bit.

Sometimes i'll sit with my sister and nieces to watch TV and i get bored of it within ten minutes. I get up and do something else.
WTG! Yes you are living vicariously through the tv and it is sucking the life blood out of you! I admire you for quitting that addiction! Cold turkey, hot turkey whatever. OP though, why not try to meet women by joining classes they'd be in? Eg aerobics at the gym, night school nurses biology classes, etc.?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy123 View Post
WTG! Yes you are living vicariously through the tv and it is sucking the life blood out of you! I admire you for quitting that addiction! Cold turkey, hot turkey whatever.
Thanks fellow Québécois

What is a man?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page