My Brothers gf forcing me to dance in their wedding - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 09:12 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav21 View Post
I hardly care what she thinks...have told my family too am not keen but because of her tantrums they arnt rly saying anything...just trying to avoid the topic.
Maybe have a talk with your brother - but I guess that depends what he's like with her and if he stands up to her or not.

It's a tricky situation.

Only connect. E.M. Forster
harrison is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Anxiolytic
 
Sekiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 'Merica
Gender: Male
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
It might be a good time to try and explain to them what a big deal it is for you. In the end it doesn't really matter what this silly girl thinks - but I imagine what your brother and your family thinks is probably still important to you.
I disagree. Giving her more leverage on you is probably the worst thing you can do at this point. His brother's fiance is just going to use it against him.
Sekiro is online now  
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 05:03 AM
Viva La Raza!
 
nubly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Surviving the trumpocalypse
Gender: Male
Posts: 34,265
My Mood: Tired
I had to dance on my brothers and sister's weddings. Sometimes you just have to be there for your family.

TRE45ON

Mayor Pete, top choice for US vets- a sus ordenes mi teniente.

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump
No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident
nubly is online now  
 
post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 06:25 AM
Death is my comforter.
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Japan
Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Posts: 196
My Mood: Cool
Which produces greater suffering? Dancing one night for her and your brother, or, not dancing and having to live with that feeling of letting them down?


I bet there's a cultural significance to this situation so you have to be prepared to live with the consequences of your decisions towards your relatives.


Good luck my friend!
NotFullyHere is offline  
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: India
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 55
It doesn't matter what she thinks...am very sure my brother and parents won't really care about it in long run....it's not like am despising their wedding completely but i know how crippling my anxiety is and I don't want to have a panic attack there...am trying to do everything possible from my end

Now she wants me to even wear clothes as per her wishes for each day (it's a 3 day event) for which I may have to spend 1000 usd towards something am not gonna wear again...she's aware am jobless at this point of time....it's getting a bit suffocating now.
abhinav21 is online now  
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 12:44 PM
SAS Member
 
Chereogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: U.k.
Gender: Male
Posts: 381
Sounds like an indian wedding.

"I am Chereogo, the horse with no name..."
Chereogo is offline  
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Anxiolytic
 
Sekiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: 'Merica
Gender: Male
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav21 View Post
It doesn't matter what she thinks...am very sure my brother and parents won't really care about it in long run....it's not like am despising their wedding completely but i know how crippling my anxiety is and I don't want to have a panic attack there...am trying to do everything possible from my end

Now she wants me to even wear clothes as per her wishes for each day (it's a 3 day event) for which I may have to spend 1000 usd towards something am not gonna wear again...she's aware am jobless at this point of time....it's getting a bit suffocating now.
You don't have to spend any money on it. In fact this gives you a very good excuse not to go: "I can't afford it sorry, so unless you have $1000 lying around I can't do it."
Sekiro is online now  
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 11:22 AM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,108
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav21 View Post
It doesn't matter what she thinks...am very sure my brother and parents won't really care about it in long run....it's not like am despising their wedding completely but i know how crippling my anxiety is and I don't want to have a panic attack there...am trying to do everything possible from my end

Now she wants me to even wear clothes as per her wishes for each day (it's a 3 day event) for which I may have to spend 1000 usd towards something am not gonna wear again...she's aware am jobless at this point of time....it's getting a bit suffocating now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereogo View Post
Sounds like an indian wedding.
I just heard a song from Robbie Williams about this He said to dance like you don't care. You need non-family-to-be female attention. Dancing your @$$ off will do it.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 06:35 PM
lagrimas negras
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth... I think
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,534
I was a part of my sister's wedding last year and no one forced me to do anything. I was the best man and I didn't even have to give a speech lol. My oldest nephew who's very social gave a speech. My sister knows how I am and the fact that I was there hanging out with everyone was more than enough for her and the rest of my family.
Showing up at that wedding should be enough. If you don't feel comfortable dancing around a bunch of people then don't. And try not to let any morons out there make you feel guilty about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
thomasjune is offline  
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: India
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjune View Post
I was a part of my sister's wedding last year and no one forced me to do anything. I was the best man and I didn't even have to give a speech lol. My oldest nephew who's very social gave a speech. My sister knows how I am and the fact that I was there hanging out with everyone was more than enough for her and the rest of my family.
Showing up at that wedding should be enough. If you don't feel comfortable dancing around a bunch of people then don't. And try not to let any morons out there make you feel guilty about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
You have a very understanding family
abhinav21 is online now  
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:27 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 46
Get hammered before and you'll do fine. Jiggle your belly around and let everyone laugh. They'll love you for it
samboychippies is offline  
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: India
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by samboychippies View Post
Get hammered before and you'll do fine. Jiggle your belly around and let everyone laugh. They'll love you for it[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG]
Haha easier said than done....btw there's no alcohol in the wedding
abhinav21 is online now  
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 04:18 PM
SAS Member
 
millenniumman75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Posts: 153,108
My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by samboychippies View Post
Get hammered before and you'll do fine. Jiggle your belly around and let everyone laugh. They'll love you for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav21 View Post
Haha easier said than done....btw there's no alcohol in the wedding


You're in Dubai, so doing pelvic thrusts is out of the question. Unlawful gyrations shouldn't be on your record.


All kidding aside...


We have a tendency to make things worse than they actually are. Anticipatory anxiety.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is online now  
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: India
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post


You're in Dubai, so doing pelvic thrusts is out of the question. Unlawful gyrations shouldn't be on your record.


All kidding aside...


We have a tendency to make things worse than they actually are. Anticipatory anxiety.
Am in India...didn't notice it's still showing my old location...have changed it now
abhinav21 is online now  
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: India
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Also I wish it was just anticipatory anxiety and everything magically disappearing at the wedding.
abhinav21 is online now  
Reply




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome