Money doesnt buy happiness - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
What's this about UltraShy using his money to get a girlfriend? The last I remember, he wasn't successful in getting one even with his money.
I think he effectively bought one. But why people (not you) think that "getting a girlfriend" is a measure of success or happiness escapes me. Ultimately if you have to literally buy a partner, you don't have anything that would attract a partner, and its going to be a ****ing mess. Imagine ultrashy in a relationship, he wouldn't even spend any on her, so firstly she would leave, and secondly he would make everything a living nightmare.

This is what the frustrationites seem to miss on SAS, "getting a gf" is going to be pointless for them because they are so screwed up, they likely aren't functional enough to maintain a relationship that is going to be worth anything. Especially the "women only like.... / the world made me a virgin" posters.

Ultrashy, relationship, happiness, not the slimmest chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
If money made people unhappy, they would be giving it away; they're not, ergo, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. No one is saying that being rich doesn't have it's drawbacks. They're just less serious drawbacks than the ones that come from being poor.

I'll repeat my offer: anyone with too much money is welcome to give it to me. I will be happy to take their pain and suffering off their hands.

Harvard:
Pretty much. I actually think I need the incentive of having to make it though in order to self improve myself into some kind of contented state. That has been the case so far anyway with my improvements. The two things I want in life have been there in the background as incentives for change. I think if a couple of years back someone had just dumped a big inheritance on me I would have had a major worry removed, but would still be a lot more of a ****.

Something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:15 AM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Money can buy you happiness but it cant buy you inner peace and joy. Happiness is ever elusive.
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Patron St. of Mediocrity

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMessiahBob View Post
I think he effectively bought one. But why people (not you) think that "getting a girlfriend" is a measure of success or happiness escapes me. Ultimately if you have to literally buy a partner, you don't have anything that would attract a partner, and its going to be a ****ing mess. Imagine ultrashy in a relationship, he wouldn't even spend any on her, so firstly she would leave, and secondly he would make everything a living nightmare.

This is what the frustrationites seem to miss on SAS, "getting a gf" is going to be pointless for them because they are so screwed up, they likely aren't functional enough to maintain a relationship that is going to be worth anything. Especially the "women only like.... / the world made me a virgin" posters.

Ultrashy, relationship, happiness, not the slimmest chance..

I agree with this entirely, and I wish more people on here would understand this. Being in a relationship doesn't solve problems, it just creates new unique ones. Especially when you're emotionally and mentally conflicted. One has to work on oneself, seek help, discover new interests, etc etc before they can allow someone into their life. If not, and they bring all their moodiness and emotional turmoil into that relationship, it will just alienate and weird out the other person. Often in these relationships, the desperate person is overly clingy, suffocating, and can be controlling. Some of the attitudes expressed on here in regards to women suggest to me that it's no mystery women avoid men with those thought patterns. It merely turns them into a goal, a trophy to show that they finally did it. A relationship is supposed to be a devout partnership, showing that other person that you care about them and are willing to work with them and allow them to be who they are, and accept and love them for that. Many desperate people don't want that, they merely want a symbol to cast their insecurities and emotions on, or at the very bottom, a sex slave. Depends on the person, I suppose.

Tying in with the theme of the thread, guys who are very poor tend to not have a great time finding long term partners, because their poverty and lifestyle indicates that they don't plan ahead long enough or aren't trying hard enough (this is very superficial and stereotypical, I know; some people are poor out of circumstance; I'm not referring to those, but rather people who create their own poverty through choice). In this same vain, guys who are emotionally impoverished will have an equally hard time keeping a woman around, because they'll come off as a constant victim and will end up trying to emotionally manipulate and force the girl to be just as miserable as he is, turning the relationship toxic.

Misplace one note, and there would be diminishment;misplace one phrase, and the structure would fall. It was clear to me that sound I'd heard in the archbishops palace had been no accident. Here again was the very voice of God. I was staring through the cages of those meticulous ink strokes -
...at an absolute beauty!...

- Antonio Salieri, Amadeus

post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 PM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Your love gives me such a thrill. But your love won't pay my bills.

post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 10:43 PM
SAS Member

If you don't know how to use it.
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 10:53 PM
SAS Member

I know I'm happier when I have the money to get my basic needs met than when I don't.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page