Money doesnt buy happiness - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM
'functioning' psycho

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
I thought you were permabanned.
He said he was quoting another poster in the OP, so quoting Ultrashy I guess.

"A poster from this site who has severe SA and struggles to connect with people once said"

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
The teeth have long departed
Yet the desire burns strong
On in desire for destruction
One on which she'll depend
One that ceases to deepen
Too near bitter end

Black through the mountains
She turns her loosening ring
Guardian angel sings
"I think you've lost your wings, but you're still yours
You're still yours, you're still yours"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Ahhh....I thought the "What a crock of ****" was the quoted item...not all that came after...#imanidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post

"A poster from this site who has severe SA and struggles to connect with people once said"
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Of course, the irony is that UltraShy used his money to buy a girlfriend, so it bought him happiness, lol.

post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:41 PM
lagrimas negras

I'm about to win the $522 million jackpot tonight. I'll come back and let you know if I'm happy or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:57 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I'm just going to be honest money really does buy happiness... money gets you friends and girlfriends even if they are fake people.

Live life no matter what.. never quit you deserve better.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:58 PM
SAS Member

Quote:

ultrashy struggled with connections cause hes an ahole. he still paid to get a girl.

give me money and i wont even care about having a girl. money>

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjune View Post
I'm about to win the $522 million jackpot tonight. I'll come back and let you know if I'm happy or not.
Posted via Mobile Device
good luck bro. i bought like 20 bucks worth of tickets. hopefully one of us wins it.

@truant is spot on. fully agree with that post.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM
'functioning' psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by andretti View Post
ultrashy struggled with connections cause hes an ahole. he still paid to get a girl.

good luck bro. i bought like 20 bucks worth of tickets. hopefully one of us wins it.

lol I quoted your post before but you deleted it and then remade it, yeah Ultrashy is a pretty obvious case of narcissistic personality disorder. If she has any sense she'll run away.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:09 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sad
You make 50k a year but are worry 2.9m? How? Unless you were given lots of assets or property/homes/etc. I definitely understand money can’t buy happiness, but that doesn’t apply to everyone. Love doesn’t give you happiness, friends don’t give you happiness, a family doesn’t give you happiness, but it can to some. I have a lot in life, but it’s my brain ****ing it all up for me and making me unhappy.

always
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

Smile

Quote:
lol I quoted your post before but you deleted it and then remade it, yeah Ultrashy is a pretty obvious case of narcissistic personality disorder. If she has any sense she'll run away.

i saw that , i was hoping you quoted me again after that to see what you had to say . yeah money doesnt make you a good person , im not claiming to be a great person but ultrashy was exactly what you described .lol, at her running away.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:18 PM
lagrimas negras

Quote:

Good luck to you to my friend. 😊
It would be nice if an member here or someone who's really struggling with mental health problems would win. Even if is just $1 million.

Agree. Truant's post are usually spot on.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Una imposibilidad yestoqu

Language: Luuvvvv
Apathy does indeed do something to you. I just learned that I earned 80 bucks less in my old job than in my new current job that "would make me so much happier" um..hell no. Honestly, being stuck in a building for 8 hours a stretch, commuting and having no time to yourself yet having money isn't that ideal. Yes, it buys you comfort. Yes, it can lead to opportunities. A place of your own, whatever you want to buy.

I don't think being poor gives you the right (or the mindset) to piss on a wealthier person if they express unhappiness despite financial stability. It's really two sides of the same coin thing. What made me ultimately happy today was learning that my old crappy not-very-nice a-hole manager from my old job just got fired today. Oh, now that, my friends, money cannot buy.

.. schadenfreude..
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Aggressive
Quote:
When most of my problems and unhappiness is because I don't have the finances for what i need in my day to day life I beg to differ.
Oh really ?
If I had more money, I would move out of my parents house, have my own vehicle, and confidently engage my girlfriend, knowing that I can
a) afford a ring
b) have a place to stay after the wedding other than my old bedroom
c) have a workable financial framework so that we don't find ourselves broke
d) avoid feeling like sh*** everytime one of her girlfriends gets married and or pregnant, for a guy who is in better financial standing than I ?

So my friend OP, unless you can show me a way to get a wedding ring and a place of my own to take my newly-wed for us to start the next chapter of our life that doesn't involve money....I beg to differ.

A little more money now would be a big help.
Love alone does not buy a house
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 02:46 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
Money doesn't buy happiness, it IS happiness. I work two jobs and only make $20k a year if anything and am miserable as hell because of it, on top my non-financial problems.

If you're smart enough with it you'll know there's probably a way to use money to alleviate most issues in life. I've never been on vacation in my life, so if I was rich I could easily afford to travel and more than likely get a girlfriend in some foreign country. And for SA and mental issues there's nothing the right drugs can fix, along with clothes to increase confidence and help maintain appearance. People who say money can't buy happiness should probably try being homeless and see how they feel shortly after lol

I don't question the source of these voices
Their commands leave me with no choices
Who can deny a decree from the sky?
But a fool, I'm a dummy, but no fool am I
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 AM
A Dead Rose

Language: Arabic, English
happiness isn't a commodity which you can buy with your money, money may lead you to happiness, for example i like travelling, i have been to New Zealand and it is one of the best periods of my life, i want to travel more and see the world but without money this may be impossible.

some people forget that happiness is temporary, it comes and goes, just try your best to enjoy the present and stop thinking about the past and the future.

I have a goal which may seem crazy for some people but i want to be homeless for some time of my life maybe three, six or twelve months, i want to see if i can be happy and homeless.
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 04:17 AM
Permanently Banned

From my personal experience, that even if you have disposable income (money beyond covering your basic and essential living needs), that it brings you a more comfortable/less stressful misery; not happiness.
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:10 PM
'functioning' psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron92 View Post
Money doesn't buy happiness, it IS happiness. I work two jobs and only make $20k a year if anything and am miserable as hell because of it, on top my non-financial problems.

If you're smart enough with it you'll know there's probably a way to use money to alleviate most issues in life. I've never been on vacation in my life, so if I was rich I could easily afford to travel and more than likely get a girlfriend in some foreign country. And for SA and mental issues there's nothing the right drugs can fix, along with clothes to increase confidence and help maintain appearance. People who say money can't buy happiness should probably try being homeless and see how they feel shortly after lol
Assuming you meant can't (ironic,) bull****.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
What's this about UltraShy using his money to get a girlfriend? The last I remember, he wasn't successful in getting one even with his money.
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Of course, the irony is that UltraShy used his money to buy a girlfriend, so it bought him happiness, lol.
Whats the story behind UltraShy and why was he banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
"But I'm not good at anything!" Well, I have good news -- throw enough hours of repetition at it and you can get sort of good at anything.

Don't like the prospect of pouring all of that time into a skill? The good news is that the sheer act of practicing will help you come out of your shell. People quit because it takes too long to see results, because they can't figure out that the process is the result.
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 PM
'functioning' psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllmaticJJ View Post
Whats the story behind UltraShy and why was he banned?
I can't remember fully because the thread got closed quickly afterwards but someone posted a bunch of screenshots of emails between him and ultrashy where he tried to sell them a gun or something. Not long after that he was permabanned.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
Too near bitter end

Guardian angel sings

post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 07:55 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
From my personal experience, that even if you have disposable income (money beyond covering your basic and essential living needs), that it brings you a more comfortable/less stressful misery; not happiness.
I would be happy with never having to work again. But I think that's because my psychological issues are limited to things that prevent me from doing things that HAVE TO BE DONE if you're born poor. Like you just have to work your butt off. You HAVE TO BE at least somewhat intelligent and creative. You cannot have serious learning/memory deficits for most of the educational pursuits that lead to good jobs. You cannot be unbelievably lazy and not driven.You cannot be late for work every other day because you didn't hear the alarm go off/slept through it.

I mean, learning things isn't hard if you're smart and have a good memory (I'm not/don't). I can't do 9th grade math. I never could. Keeping a job isn't hard if you can just just naturally wake up on time and keep a perfect schedule/routine every day. I can't do this when I try (hard).

I have ALL of these issues but I have no problem being content when all my basic needs are being met. Like I'm not the kind of person who needs love. Not really anyway. I mean friendship is nice but even that can be suffocating.

/WYSD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page