Missed opportunity... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored

Missed opportunity...

I feel like a missed out on my teen years. I not talking about having lots of friends, gf, drinking etc. I don't care about any of that crap. I missed out on developing and interesting personality or developing an interesting skill like being able to draw well or something like that.
Depression just took away my will to do anything.

My life just feels so empty. I know nothing. I have passion for nothing. You might say I'm still young and you would be right but now I have very little time. I have to work and that literally takes so much time out of my life (12 hours per day if you count commuting).

From the age of 14 to like 19 I had all the time in the world and I just threw it all away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:07 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
I feel like a missed out on my teen years. I not talking about having lots of friends, gf, drinking etc. I don't care about any of that crap. I missed out on developing and interesting personality or developing an interesting skill like being able to draw well or something like that.
Depression just took away my will to do anything.

My life just feels so empty. I know nothing. I have passion for nothing. You might say I'm still young and you would be right but now I have very little time. I have to work and that literally takes so much time out of my life (12 hours per day if you count commuting).

From the age of 14 to like 19 I had all the time in the world and I just threw it all away
You might have used that time poorly but there's nothing you can do to change the past.

You can do something about how you approach things in the present however, do you want to miss this opportunity too?

Obviously work will make this more difficult but there are still things you could do, you could read on the train or listen to audio books or podcasts in the car. You could give a new hobby 30 mins a day and a bit more on weekends (or whatever your days off are).

Again...

You can't change the past, so you may as well change the future instead.

A lack of achievement doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of ability. A lack of ability doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of potential. - LonelyLurker
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:53 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Milk View Post
Your 20's depends on what you did in your teen years. Your 30's will depend on what you are doing in your 20's now. And so on.

It's might be too late to change what you have done, but your future has yet to be written. Taking small steps is ok. Do little things every day to improve yourself and plan for the years to come.

When you're 50, you might look back at your 20's and think that you had all the time in the world and you just threw it all away.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
My life started to stabalize at age 30. It's never too late.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
I feel the same way. Homeschooled my whole childhood, was anxious for the 2 years that i went to public school, and was pulled/dropped out of school 4 years ago and havent been working or studyig since. I feel like i missed out on the chance to develop a personality almost all of my life. And since i missed out on so much, i am too different to everyone, i cant even relate to people here. I have very strict, overprotective parents who screwed up my life. My school record is a mess and i am light years behind everyone else in life. I'm just waiting to get a job, and if things dont change much when i do, then i'll become an alcoholic when my first paycheck arrives. **** trying to fix something that cant ever be fixed lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page