Messed Up Day - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Messed Up Day

I have had one of the most horrible days that I have had in a long time. I woke up this morning preparing to go to work and I walked out of my apartment and my car was gone. Seems the apartment manager had it towed away (in the middle of the night no less) because I did not have my parking tag in the window. I was furious to say the least. I had no way to get to work. I had to walk 5 blocks to the towing garage to retrieve my car. I ended up paying 120.00 dollars to get it back. That's 120.00 just because I did not have my parking tag in the window. I mean the thought of someone prying my $20,000 car open and forcing the gear shift in neutral and towing it away made me almost explode. I can see if I was illegally parked somewhere but I wasn't. I was at home in my bed bothering no one. Anyway, I get there and the garage person had all these rules that he couldn't accept cash. So I had to walk to the bank ATM to get cash and walk back. Then to top it all off the idiot garage person couldn't find his keys to the gate and I had to wait another 20 minutes for him to find them. I was late getting to work and I was furious. I went off on my apartment manager. I am a legitimate resident of this parking complex. The manager has given free rein to the towing company to tow any vehicle without a tag in the window regardless of whether or not they live here. I don't think this is fair to the paying residents. Anyway that totally ruined my entire day to say the least. Thanks for letting me vent. Peace out.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 02:54 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
The manager has given free rein to the towing company to tow any vehicle without a tag in the window regardless of whether or not they live here. I don't think this is fair to the paying residents.
That's awful. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. It certainly sounds very unfair to tow away the cars of paying residents. And at night too. Pretty tricky move. Perhaps your manager needs an extra source of income. Do you have a consumer advice centre in your State who might be able give you some help?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 AM

That really sucks. Your landlord has your liscense plate and car info for that reason, just in case you forget your parking sticker!!!

Maybe you could read the apartment bylaws, it doesn't sound right that your landlord can just tow the resident's cars because of a sticker.

Landlords suck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page