me vs them mentality? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
User Requested Permanent Ban

me vs them mentality?

Anyone else have this?
I always think I am alone with my thoughts and feelings, like everyone is against me. Me vs the world if you will.
I also think me comparing myself to others has rsomething to do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM
SAS Member

I do.

Whenever something good is going for me, I always anticipate that it'll fail somehow.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:24 PM

I have the me vs the world problem. Fortunately coming on here made me realize other people had the same problem. This kind of eased the lonely feeling. It gave me the "us vs the world feeling."

However I have yet to actually meet a person with the same problem we on this site have. This adds to the lonely feeling.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOD122 View Post
I have the me vs the world problem. Fortunately coming on here made me realize other people had the same problem. This kind of eased the lonely feeling. It gave me the "us vs the world feeling."

However I have yet to actually meet a person with the same problem we on this site have. This adds to the lonely feeling.
That's good that you at least have the we vs them.

For some reason I still compare myself to even people on here, makes me feel even more alone.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Guilty as charged. I always feel like people hate me. Ugh...my mind can be so rude!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxArmyofOnexX View Post

For some reason I still compare myself to even people on here, makes me feel even more alone.
Yea I know what you mean. It's tough to connect with people you haven't met in person
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOD122 View Post
Yea I know what you mean. It's tough to connect with people you haven't met in person
I suppose, but also, even that they are further along. People here post about boyfriends and girlfriends and parties and all sorts of fun stuff. Never really had any of that. But ya, its just not the same online, I suppose its why I don't go into chat anymore, its not the same as it used to be, plus I doubt anyone remembers lol.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 PM

Yea I can see how that could be depressing. It seems like a lot of people on here have better social lives than me as well. Personally I just try not to think about it too much. Although that can be hard sometimes.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

What can I do to stop thinking like this?
Work only works so well (keeps the thoughts away)but only work about 16 hours a week. After I leave the office, it slowly comes back. Too bad I don't work more hours a day. That would be nice...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiasm View Post
I do.

Whenever something good is going for me, I always anticipate that it'll fail somehow.

Same way!!! I start to have little anxiety attacks when things are "too" good - because something is going to come and ruin it. Which kills the mood of being happy about something...
And when I don't have any "real" problems, I get depressed that I don't have a life in which problems occur.

But back to the point - I often have this mentality and I can't shake it. I am shlowly letting go of this idea though, and just accepting people at face value - not assuming that they really hate me or whatever. It's not an easy process AT ALL, but I'm slowly (sloooowly) getting better at it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page