Lost control today. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Lost control today.

Hi my first post, long time sufferer of PTSD and social anxiety.

I had to return a parcel today but the seller had given me incomplete return labels. Anyway I got to the drop off shop it was local and when I got there the lady behind the counter notified me I had the wrong labels so I asked what should I do next, she replied "it's not my job to sort out your problems". She was pretty rude about it and I should of walked off at this point but I just snapped, I started to raise and said there's no need to be so rude I was just asking a question. Immediately I could see fear on the ladies face so I quickly exited the shop feeling terrible about how I reacted.

No matter how rude she was I should of never reacted so badly. Recently keeping my temper in check is getting harder so I keep myself locked away in my flat rarely seeing others for weeks/months on end. I don't think I will ever return to those shops I'm way to embarrassed to ever show my face there again.

I know I was in the wrong I just needed to tell someone about it. It's been some time since I had a appointment with my counsellor or had any medical advice about my mental health. The NHS changed my counsellor so many times I never felt I was getting anywhere, I was just going round in circles explaining all my problems from the beginning to different strangers.

Anyway the chances are I won't be brave enough to return to this forum but I think it's great that you're here for each other.

Best wishes Charles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:13 PM
your dads girlfriend

Language: everything
My Mood: Sleepy
I think you did the right thing, most people just let people be blantantly rude to them and ignore it. Some people that are rude like that need a reminder, especially when they’re constantly interacting with people that they need to be more respectful. Maybe next time she will give you a second of her day to help you.

I know a poet. Hes as sweet as pie, writes poems about me that make me cry. Arthur Miller, 12 years senior, hes my bugga baby sigh.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:54 PM
bipolar

Don't worry about it - seems harmless enough.

I'd just like to get a shrink that doesn't induce that sort of anger as well.

God they're hopeless.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page