Lonely - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Lonely

I have no friends, no girlfriend, my family is nothing like me, my co-workers are nothing more than co-workers and most nights I get so lonely I wander around town, just to be close to people.

There is nothing worse than loneliness, and I can't remember the last time I wasn't drowning in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 PM

re: Lonely

Sorry to hear, man. Hope things get better. At least you are going out and looking for interaction. I know many people who dread that, and would rather sit home and feel sorry for themselves. So, the fact that you are actually going out is a positive step into the right direction. I am confident that with such a strong will, you'll eventually make friends. Best of luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM

hey dude! i can only relate to u up 2 the part as 2 driving around town 2 feel close 2 people.... i use 2 do that all the time until i totalled my car drinking and driving alone... since i've just had no choice but 2 sleep off my sorrows...

sad part is my family says i'm beautiful... and young and have alot going for me because i'm smart & only 21.......

hard part is being socially incapable of facing the world can pretty much take hold and enprison u in ur own lonliness, GOD only knows i'd give anything for real hep and a real solution to becoming "normal"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:13 PM

I know how you feel, I'm very lonely right now and im stuck in a pit of deep depression. I have no girlfriend/friends so don't think you're alone, at least you know others are out there just like you.

Always be thankful for you health too. Hopefully I can climb out of this depression soon
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 PM
dez
Rainmaker

Flu102, sorry to hear it. I know very well how strongly loneliness can effect a person. I've felt it way to often myself. Hope things get better for you.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:31 PM

I am right there with you, my college friends (my only real friends thus far) have moved on, and I still live in my old college town. There's hundreds of willing, friendly people to chat with in my town, I just can't get myself around them because I'm too afraid to go to bars, and too timid to introduce myself anymore. I consider myself lucky that my coworkers, and work are a relief from my anxiety and I consider them friends, but I never hang out with them outside of work. I go home lonely every night, and think about it constantly when I'm home, further exacerbating the problem. Not a fun way to live so far...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:38 AM

Re: Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flu102
I have no friends, no girlfriend, my family is nothing like me, my co-workers are nothing more than co-workers and most nights I get so lonely I wander around town, just to be close to people.

There is nothing worse than loneliness, and I can't remember the last time I wasn't drowning in it.
I CAN TOTALLY RELATE, I sometimes wander round town but end up feeling more lonely after seeing 'winners' with their girlfriends.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page