Life is just passing me by - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Life is just passing me by

I'm not imagining it anymore. Its really true. I just have to come to terms with the reality that life is becoming more and more meaningless to me. I am 26 years old and have let SA ruin and distort a huge portion of my life that I can never have back. I can't stand but think of all of the missed opportunities and chances that I never capitalized on.

The funny thing is that I feel my SA is improving...but its not because I'm practicing alot more or learning some new great techniques. Its because I don't really care. My attitude nowadays towards everything is "Oh well. That's how it will always be. Nothing is ever going to change." Things that should be grabbing my attention and forcing me to commit to change don't have an impact on me. For instance, the fact that people routinely talk down to me and treat me badly doesn't rouse up any sort of emotion in me. I just don't care. In general, I really can't remember the last time that I felt any sort of emotion.

Life is feeling more and more empty and the days are just all blending together to me right now and look absolutely the same to me. Its boring. My life is boring and I couldn't change even if I tried because there is always something that is holding me back.

Maybe my vacation coming up in a few weeks will brighten my mood up a little. I seriously hope so...a change in scenery might be all that I need or maybe it might just cause me to panic and regalvanize my anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
SAS Member

Re: Life is just passing me by

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident
life is becoming more and more meaningless to me...
because I don't really care. My attitude nowadays towards everything is "Oh well. That's how it will always be. Nothing is ever going to change." Things that should be grabbing my attention and forcing me to commit to change don't have an impact on me. For instance, the fact that people routinely talk down to me and treat me badly doesn't rouse up any sort of emotion in me. I just don't care. In general, I really can't remember the last time that I felt any sort of emotion.

Life is feeling more and more empty and the days are just all blending together to me right now and look absolutely the same to me. Its boring. My life is boring
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. In my experience, it's a sign things are not going well for me when I feel like this. I have to make a conscious effort to change whats happening, or else I become miserable.

'A 'Leadership' elected by popular vote is not a leadership but the rule of the average, the mediocre.
Real leaders are pioneers. They go ahead, in front, on the basis of understanding and inner convictions, even if they have to go alone.'
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM

Re: Life is just passing me by

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident
I'm not imagining it anymore. Its really true. I just have to come to terms with the reality that life is becoming more and more meaningless to me. I am 26 years old and have let SA ruin and distort a huge portion of my life that I can never have back. I can't stand but think of all of the missed opportunities and chances that I never capitalized on.

The funny thing is that I feel my SA is improving...but its not because I'm practicing alot more or learning some new great techniques. Its because I don't really care. My attitude nowadays towards everything is "Oh well. That's how it will always be. Nothing is ever going to change." Things that should be grabbing my attention and forcing me to commit to change don't have an impact on me. For instance, the fact that people routinely talk down to me and treat me badly doesn't rouse up any sort of emotion in me. I just don't care. In general, I really can't remember the last time that I felt any sort of emotion.

Life is feeling more and more empty and the days are just all blending together to me right now and look absolutely the same to me. Its boring. My life is boring and I couldn't change even if I tried because there is always something that is holding me back.

Maybe my vacation coming up in a few weeks will brighten my mood up a little. I seriously hope so...a change in scenery might be all that I need or maybe it might just cause me to panic and regalvanize my anxiety.
everyone else with SA feels the same. thats wot SA does to people - it makes them miss out on life. we are lucky though cos we are at a time in history were we have the understanding of SA plus we have the tools to overcome it.

all the people from past generations who suffered with SA went to the grave with it and wasted the whole 75 years of their lives but you can overcome SA now and live the rest of your life to the full. 26 is still young. of course id like to be a teenager again and make the most of all the opportunitys i had but 26 is still acceptable, its still young.

if you have SA then its a forgone conclusion that u'll lose a chunk of your life but unlike the SA sufferes from past generations you dont have to lose the whole of your life

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page