Just found out i'm loosing my job - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Just found out i'm loosing my job

I just got given my weeks notice and as of next Friday im going to be out of a job, i'm absolutely gutted about this because I was so happy that I finally had a proper income, even if it was mininum wage.

I'm also really worried that being alone at home again with nothing to keep me occupied and being without money once more is going to send me into another low period like I was in before I found the job, and gutted that I will have to go through all the job hunting and interviewing process again

Any encouragement or advice people can give me would be very much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Permanently Banned

It's not the end of the world. It sucks, but you have options. First, don't be stupid like me. If you're on good terms with your employers, try getting information from them to use as references. Such as cell phone, name, position ect. This will come in handy on your resume. Next if you can file for unemployment do so (not sure if they have that in UK). Just don't mess up on the forms like I did. It sounds like they didn't want to let you go but just ran out of money. I'd take that as a sign that you were a good worker.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
SAS Member

Sorry to hear that.

Myself, I like to be doing something then just sitting around with no purpose even if its working for the big corporations. What is there to do when you have no one else in life?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 10:42 AM
SAS Member

I'm sorry to hear about you losing your job. I will be facing joblessness again come Christmas when my job contract ends and I also fear going into another low period if I spend too much time doing nothing so the only thing I can suggest is to find something to do straight away, such as volunteering somewhere, just to try and keep some kind of routine. That's what I'm planning/hoping on doing but knowing me I won't!

You did well to have that job so try and see the positive side. I know that the job hunting and interviews process is really really horrible from the tiny bit of it I've experienced, but just think that you could find an even better job that is really fulfilling. I hope you're not out of a job for too long and that everything works out for you
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 AM
gaz
SAS Member

I'm sorry to hear that, just think that another, possibly better job is on it's way. Atleast now i can put it down as previous experience on applications. What job was it?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I worked as an office administrator in a fairly small office with up to 8 other people, the number varied quite a lot and sometimes it was just me and 1 or 2 other people , I suspect that part of the reason was that they wanted me to have more spark because I was the first "young" person that they have ever employed because they where all in their late 30s+ and I guess they decided they drew a bit of a short straw choosing someone as quiet as me
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealm View Post
It's not the end of the world. It sucks, but you have options. First, don't be stupid like me. If you're on good terms with your employers, try getting information from them to use as references. Such as cell phone, name, position ect. This will come in handy on your resume. Next if you can file for unemployment do so (not sure if they have that in UK). Just don't mess up on the forms like I did. It sounds like they didn't want to let you go but just ran out of money. I'd take that as a sign that you were a good worker.
Thanks for the advice, we have job seekers allowance over here in the UK which is a slightly different system and would get me about 40 per week. Im sure I would be able to get a good reference from them because I did do some things that really helped with the running of the office that they have thanked me for
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your job. I will be facing joblessness again come Christmas when my job contract ends and I also fear going into another low period if I spend too much time doing nothing so the only thing I can suggest is to find something to do straight away, such as volunteering somewhere, just to try and keep some kind of routine. That's what I'm planning/hoping on doing but knowing me I won't!

You did well to have that job so try and see the positive side. I know that the job hunting and interviews process is really really horrible from the tiny bit of it I've experienced, but just think that you could find an even better job that is really fulfilling. I hope you're not out of a job for too long and that everything works out for you
Yeah volunteer work sounds like a good idea, I definately want to keep a good routine rather than getting into the habbit of staying up late and sleeping till noon like I did when I was unemployed before

I also play the bass guitar, so I've decided im going to take this as an opportunity to get some serious practice done and up my playing to the next level because my main dream in life is to be able to make a living playing the bass guitar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page