It's been a while - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
No one important

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Sick

It's been a while

Might have been almost like half a year, I think at least. But I became much less active on SAS, partly because my life got a bit busier but also because most friends here stopped coming online as well. On top of that, did I always thought I was bothering everyone on here with my problem threads, or rant threads (how you want to name them).

For those who don't know me, I became member in 2017 around October to seek help (with a lot of convincing from people I know online, outside of SAS) with my depression. Although my depression became worse over the two years (and I'm still walking around with it), I've had loads of help from kind of everyone here on SAS. With smaller things like how you operate the washing machine (which is still rocket science to me honestly) to bigger stuff, like actually saving my life before I did something drastic. Although I'm very thankful for everyone's help, I feel like I'm shortcoming to everyone as well. Despite the help, I developed other conditions such as BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder), more severe trust issues and a lot (too many to list) physical symptoms (e.g. hallucinating, haert palpitations etc). And because of that, I felt like leaving SAS because it only got worse even though I had help from many people, which makes me guilty to those who did their best to help someone.

I hope this doesn't sound like a rant thread (I really hope it doesn't), but I hope everyone can at least understand my situation I got in. And I'm going to try to become active again here, because like I said, a lot of people helped me and the community around here can actually be really fun and supporting.

EDIT: I wasn't sure in what section to put this, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong one.

"Like a book isolated on a shelf with no one to read it yet judge it for its amount of pages. I feel such way."

"When everything starts falling apart, when even your own body is turning against you because it no longer wants to continue living, you start to think about whether it's still worth it or not."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:46 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
Welcome back! I can relate to many of the issues you speak of, so I definitely can understand how you might be feeling. Our situations seem quite similar, actually, as I've suffered from a downfall and depression over the last two years as well.

I've only been here for a month, but if you ever want to chat on here, just send a pm and I'll be glad to talk.

I don't care if it's dangerous or not...I'm going to town either way.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:44 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
Good to see you again in whatever way works for you.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:39 AM

Ello thar
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:50 AM
🐞 Moderator 🐞

Welcome back. I remember your threads and never felt annoyed by you. I only hoped for everything to get better for you, and so did everyone else on here.

Depression and social anxiety usually come with other mental health issues, and I think most people on SAS have at least two different disorders, which they might not have been officially diagnosed with. Some can be genetic. There’s no reason to feel bad for being diagnosed with additional disorders after getting help from here, and it doesn’t mean you did anything wrong or that you weren’t appreciative of the support you were given. It’s no one’s fault, including your own, and I hope your problems will get better for your sake.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
No one important

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Sick
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmDrag View Post
Welcome back! I can relate to many of the issues you speak of, so I definitely can understand how you might be feeling. Our situations seem quite similar, actually, as I've suffered from a downfall and depression over the last two years as well.

I've only been here for a month, but if you ever want to chat on here, just send a pm and I'll be glad to talk.
Thank you, and I'm sorry you're going through depression yourself as well. Although my situation is a bit more complex (not directly talking about myself, but my life situation I'm residing in currently) I'm glad to see that I can be understood at least, so thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfegnugen View Post
Good to see you again in whatever way works for you.
Thank you, despite the fact that I don't got much time I'll try to become more active on SAS again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Ello thar
Hello there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Welcome back. I remember your threads and never felt annoyed by you. I only hoped for everything to get better for you, and so did everyone else on here.

Depression and social anxiety usually come with other mental health issues, and I think most people on SAS have at least two different disorders, which they might not have been officially diagnosed with. Some can be genetic. Thereís no reason to feel bad for being diagnosed with additional disorders after getting help from here, and it doesnít mean you did anything wrong or that you werenít appreciative of the support you were given. Itís no oneís fault, including your own, and I hope your problems will get better for your sake.
Thank you, and thank you for telling me as well. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely appreciated all the help I got here, but it's just the way my mind makes me think (as depression does).

Yeah that sounds about right, although I developed those along me depression over those 2 years. I know, but it still feels like my fault, partly because I just feel and think that way and also because mainly my mother always tells me it's my own fault (and maybe that's also the cause I think everything is my fault whenever something bad happens). But thank you, and I really hope so too.

"Like a book isolated on a shelf with no one to read it yet judge it for its amount of pages. I feel such way."

"When everything starts falling apart, when even your own body is turning against you because it no longer wants to continue living, you start to think about whether it's still worth it or not."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page