Isolation is making my SA difficult - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Isolation is making my SA difficult

Hi I'm a new member so i'm not super sure on how these posts normally go so I am just going to vent.

I find it difficult when I don't see my friends and I start to get into lots of bad thoughts e.g. "they don't like me and find me annoying". I find it easier when I can see them bc I know they don't find me too annoying if they want to hang out. Since schools are closed where I live with the virus I am alone with just my family and not seeing my friends and I am feeling much more anxious these days.

Thanks for listening to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 AM
SAS Member

I can emphasize with you. I have stuck home from work due to coming down with sore throat Monday and my supervisor returned from Iran visiting family ended up getting sick as a dog. They wonít test me until his test comes back and that is only if it is positive. He wonít know the results until next Wednesday. Hopefully, it comes back negative so I can be off from this house arrest. I miss being around coworkers. This is really the only time I can see others outside my parentís.

troll: man, we got a lot of snow
yooper: eh?
troll: three feet, man!
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Time's Arrow

Language: American English, Russian
Yep, self-isolation is one thing but mandated isolation is a whole 'nother ballpark.

Hopefully you can take solace in the fact that your friends have to go through the isolation too, so if anything they're longing to hang out with you more than before. Don't sweat it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Indeed View Post
Isn't it a bit early to worry about that at 7 years old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy396 View Post
I don't believe you at all about the taste. You are vegan anyway, so how would you know what meat tastes like. I get sick of vegans saying it tastes the same and then you bite into it and it's horrible.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 01:27 PM
SAS Member

Yeah I'm kind of glad I have to work. I know if I wasn't around people everyday, having to force myself to be social, I would regress.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 06:36 AM
The Loser

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghanq1 View Post
Hi I'm a new member so i'm not super sure on how these posts normally go so I am just going to vent.

I find it difficult when I don't see my friends and I start to get into lots of bad thoughts e.g. "they don't like me and find me annoying". I find it easier when I can see them bc I know they don't find me too annoying if they want to hang out. Since schools are closed where I live with the virus I am alone with just my family and not seeing my friends and I am feeling much more anxious these days.

Thanks for listening to me
Welcome to SAS as a first,

I can relate a lot in those thoughts, albeit not for my friends since I got none here, but have you tried facetiming together? Or, if you play videogames, you could play a multiplayer game online with a headset (if you have one) so you'll still be spending time together. Other than that, there isn't much you can do than to wait out isolation. And to ease your thoughts, small workouts may help calm you down a bit by putting energy into physical activity. Pushups could work, squats, situps etc.

All advice/tips on what might work for you, hang in there.

"Like a book isolated on a shelf with no one to read it yet judge it for its amount of pages. I feel such way."

"Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDominator View Post
Welcome to SAS as a first,

I can relate a lot in those thoughts, albeit not for my friends since I got none here, but have you tried facetiming together? Or, if you play videogames, you could play a multiplayer game online with a headset (if you have one) so you'll still be spending time together. Other than that, there isn't much you can do than to wait out isolation. And to ease your thoughts, small workouts may help calm you down a bit by putting energy into physical activity. Pushups could work, squats, situps etc.

All advice/tips on what might work for you, hang in there.
I agree with you (to some extent) on the exercise bit. It doesn't exactly address any root causes of loneliness, but you'll probably feel a bit better by the end of it all (unless you overexert yourself way beyond your limitations, then you'll just feel like vomiting afterwards lol)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page