Is there a person that you are extremely envious of? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
dumbass

Is there a person that you are extremely envious of?

Theres a WHOLe lot of people that i am envious of, mostly from school. i have an instagram (that has a no posts, no picture and a few friends follow, but looks inactive) that i stalk people i am jealous of occasionally if they have a public account llol im so pathetic. and on the inside i knowww people cant be perfect and they have they're own issues but still
yeah but i have this one cousin who is about two years younger than me and o m g she just seems so well off, like she has a great personality, she is funny, super smart like street smart and she has great grades, the type to win awards for academics, super pretty, is great at doing her makeup, super confident, 20/20 vision, a group of very close friends and guy friends, a boyfriend, good relationship with family, nice clothes, knows how to speak the language that our family speaks well, e t cc. i cant shake the feeling of how much better she is than me i have none of those things hahahahahahah (ik what a waste of time focusing on this pointless ****, i cant stop tho!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 PM
SAS Member

yeah, there's this guy in my school who has done internships at great companies and has a ton of connections. He's basically set for life at this point.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Lots of them. :/

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
On Life Support

My Mood: Buzzed
Yes. There are people that seem to have everything in life and haven't had serious difficulties. How could they be so damn lucky at everything? This kind of people lack empathy and kindness. They look down on me and talk in a condescending manner about my struggles and difficulties in a very Marie-Antoniettesque "let them eat cake " sort of way.

What do they know? They preach the virtues of fasting and dieting after they have had their fulfill. Do they know what is like to be hungry? To smell the food but not be able to touch it or let alone eat it?

**** them!

I wish that I could wipe that smirk from their faces.

"Existence well what does it matter?
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future,
The present is well out of hand"

― Ian Curtis
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
SAS Member

I used to feel the same way and be envious of other people, but since it made me feel awful I recently cut out a lot of social media. It can be hard to stop, but comparing yourself to other people does nothing. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is who you were yesterday. I'd rather do that and better myself as a person than compare my life to what others post online and be miserable.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:02 PM
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
Too many, some for understandable reasons and others for more unhealthy ones.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Not really maybe certain things they've experienced or achieved but even then it's not something that occupies my mind too much.

Maybe fictional characters with magic/superpowers or anyone who got to go to Hogwarts but people in reality eh, they're all constrained by the same laws of physics.

I mean envy happens but I think I spend too much time in my head daydreaming or distracting myself, to really be that present. And most people annoy me so there's also that.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Solitude View Post
Yes. There are people that seem to have everything in life and haven't had serious difficulties. How could they be so damn lucky at everything? This kind of people lack empathy and kindness. They look down on me and talk in a condescending manner about my struggles and difficulties in a very Marie-Antoniettesque "let them eat cake " sort of way.

What do they know? They preach the virtues of fasting and dieting after they have had their fulfill. Do they know what is like to be hungry? To smell the food but not be able to touch it or let alone eat it?

**** them!

I wish that I could wipe that smirk from their faces.
Because you're full of empathy ? Does not seem like it. You sound pretty hateful, that's sad.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 PM
SAS Member

I try and focus on myself and the things that are under my control. Naturally, can't avoid a pang of it sometimes, but I sweep that **** under the rug or reframe things.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Worthless Garbage

My Mood: Lonely
Not really, no
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 09:48 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
yes, I'm envious of anyone who doesn't have social anxiety
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Pretty much anyone who went to school