Is it wrong to imagine a girlfriend or wife/partner - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Is it wrong to imagine a girlfriend or wife/partner

is it really bad if you imagine you have a partner, lik ewhen your comming home from being out about and imagine like they do in the movies
"honey im home!, whatch been upto ma bo?" and so on.
Then you know hangin out and stuff maybe makin plan do go somplace. But cos I dont have alot of much money we would probably just go window dhoppping or get a coffee in one of those fancy coffee houses.

I know it sounds really messed up, but as I never had a GF or a relationship and cos I am totally alone for the last 20 plus years., i only talk to shop workers so...yeah I dont know.

Its just I see the other gutys with GF and wife and I just think why cant I get one too?

If any girls got ideas let me know.
Iv kind of given up tbh but is it really bad to try to get one even though I dont know how to talk to them or have the proper money to treat them to things they might want to do?

"I am Chereogo, the horse with no name..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 AM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
I've never had a gf either and I do fantasize about being with one at times it's only natural I suppose. I do know this though, everything in life is about confidence and to have confidence is to believe. So as they say "whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, your right."

Take the pain that comes from not having a gf and transfuse it into motivation to learn about self improvement and how to build attraction with women and if you believe strongly enough, you might just get what your looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live for the progress that you've made.
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Reply my tread answer to my question

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
it's not wrong. it's normal to fantasize about things you want.

post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:46 PM

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I sort of do this. I don't imagine doing stuff with them in the real world, and I don't usually imagine it in the detail/realism you've described typically. I mostly just imagine sex stuff or them wearing certain outfits, or fantastical stuff, and sometimes they reassure me/calm me down. I give them different parts too like sometimes they'll be a princess.

I also have on/off imagined other people in a relationship with each other and created stories in my mind, like reading a book/watching TV before I go to sleep. I also sometimes did that as a teenager on long car journeys when bored. Sometimes my own characters, but usually whatever pairings I was shipping at a certain time. These were usually more immersive but it's been a while now, about a year I think.

The last time was with AM/Ted from I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream. I started reading part of it online and thought the dynamic AM had with the others seemed interesting. So I looked up fanfiction and found a short one chapter Ted/AM fanfic which involved AM (who is an AI,) taking the form of a Human male with the goal of impregnating Ted. There's lots of violent parts including failed attempts at pregnancy (because Ted is also male,) but this was one of only about four fanfics, one of which was a crack fic where AM got together with Garfield I think.. So I decided to create a sequel in my mind that I added to before sleeping for a few weeks or so. Not particularly interesting Ted runs away to another continent that AM doesn't have control over or something but he ends up finding him and bla bla bla.

This perhaps doesn't answer you question, but I believe some people feel better about themselves when comparing themselves to weirder people.

I can't quite decide where the line should be about what I share on this forum. I guess I don't care often anymore. Being a bit antisocial (not asocial and also not the personality disorder,) and having social anxiety at the same time is an odd mix, but I digress.

Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Language: sarcasm
No I don't think so. If you take it very far like getting a doll and talking to it like it was real, then that could be a bit dysfunctional. Not that I'm one to judge.

I talk to myself and my cat but I don't really fantasize about a partner. Sometimes I guess I talk or send messages to "the void". Like I'll write a letter or even text or email myself. But it's usually just to get my feelings out or to break the silence, something like that.
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Broke boy

Thinking back, i may have missed a some chances working as a cashier. There were times when I had decent convos with a few girls that were around my age. Even once or twice my coworker witnessed it and was like " you should have asked her out, she was totally into you!" She literally left the store with a huge smile on her face so it could have been true.. But i literally have no idea how to pick up on signals and don't know if they are interested or jus being nice. Once a girl was like, "so im in town for the week and just bored" out of nowhere so i guess that was a giveaway but w.e.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:07 PM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
I hope not. Since I write stories about, uh ... dating men all the time.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:39 PM
bipolar

I don't see how it could be seen as wrong - except maybe that it might stop you from getting into an actual relationship in some way.
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:01 PM
SAS Member

no, lol. i thought this was normal.
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:25 AM
Wishing Time Will Freeze.

Probably one of those closeted common things with people dealing with long term chronic loneliness.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:58 AM
indo cloudhead

it's only wrong if you meet some judgemental priviliged buttwipe who's never known adversity or loneliness in their life.

my home greets me when I arrive (yes it's a smart home, not it's not a frikkin Alexa or some other Skynet bullshxt), and I respond.

I have strongly considered getting a sex doll so i can force myself to develop feelings for it (i think surrogate attachment is a more fitting term than just "feelings" tho) so i can receive simulated sex and comfort.

I will create a soul for the doll, but i will never believe (as in "on faith") that the doll is actually alive, like an objectosexual would, altho objectosexuals seem to focus on buildings , rocks and furniture etc. but, as is my main point here; they genuinely believe that objects are sentient.

i really have no qualms at all about wanting to emulate or actually emulating sex/romance/friendship. it's your brain, do whatever you want!
if you have the power to conjure something that almost feels like a real relationship and it's not making your life worse; do it.

i also often anthropomorphize/deify cannabis so i may refer to "talking to MJ", "let's see what Mary Jane thinks about this", "yo MJ, it's been a while", and the like, but now i'm steering into more personally metaphysical aspects of this topic so i'll cut myself short inste

AIIOW3VERYT_8N÷5H47EE
the demon is the healer
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:08 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
my home greets me when I arrive (yes it's a smart home, not it's not a frikkin Alexa or some other Skynet bullshxt), and I respond.
What set up do you have?

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:43 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
What set up do you have?
  • 1x Win7 running EventGhost (WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47) (with several plugins). Custom scripts written in Python and AHK (i'm a terrible coder so i mostly do cut 'n paste edits of other people's scripts).
  • 3x Android devices running Tasker (with several plugins). [unfortunately uses google's servers for a lot of the communication. LOL.]

and obviously configured out the wazoo so i don't even know what half the scripts/configs do any more. been building since 2013.

AIIOW3VERYT_8N÷5H47EE
the demon is the healer
post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrensik View Post
I've never had a gf either and I do fantasize about being with one at times it's only natural I suppose. I do know this though, everything in life is about confidence and to have confidence is to believe. So as they say "whether you believe you can or whether you believe you can't, your right."

Take the pain that comes from not having a gf and transfuse it into motivation to learn about self improvement and how to build attraction with women and if you believe strongly enough, you might just get what your looking for.

Confidence is bull**** bro. If some fatass guy came walking into a bar with all the confidence in the world, people will just think he’s some obnoxious tryhard. We have to accept reality and then work with what we have. It’s just like those UFC fights.. everyone’s says “oh, I KNOW I can beat this guy. I promise I will.”..... well, how does one actually KNOW that? Can they see the future?

Confidence is a lie. Being realistic is the key.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:50 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
  • 1x Win7 running EventGhost (WIP-2019.03.10-20.11.47) (with several plugins). Custom scripts written in Python and AHK (i'm a terrible coder so i mostly do cut 'n paste edits of other people's scripts).
  • 3x Android devices running Tasker (with several plugins). [unfortunately uses google's servers for a lot of the communication. LOL.]
and obviously configured out the wazoo so i don't even know what half the scripts/configs do any more. been building since 2013.
Interesting. Wouldn't work for me as I try not to touch Google-anything and I don't run Windows, but still interesting. I've had a Pi enthusiast tell me how you can rig up Pis to do a lot of stuff at home, but I never felt I had the time to throw at such a big project (as in, big if you have to learn from the basics). But I do admire from afar.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:17 AM
indo cloudhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Interesting. Wouldn't work for me as I try not to touch Google-anything and I don't run Windows, but still interesting. I've had a Pi enthusiast tell me how you can rig up Pis to do a lot of stuff at home, but I never felt I had the time to throw at such a big project (as in, big if you have to learn from the basics). But I do admire from afar.

you can build a smart home using any Linux/Arduino/Pi combo if you want, but it's for people with more discipline and patience than me =P

if you're crazy about it , you can spend an insane amount of time and money on smart homes. which i can't and won't.

AIIOW3VERYT_8N÷5H47EE
the demon is the healer
post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:53 AM
"The Cutest of Fools"

nah, its not good for a healthy man to not have female contact for a long period of time.
post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLyric View Post
nah, its not good for a healthy man to not have female contact for a long period of time.
what to do?

Last edited by Chereogo; 04-27-2019 at 12:25 PM. Reason: yes
post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Dog Lover

My Mood: Cold
Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourself View Post
Confidence is bull**** bro. If some fatass guy came walking into a bar with all the confidence in the world, people will just think he’s some obnoxious tryhard. We have to accept reality and then work with what we have. It’s just like those UFC fights.. everyone’s says “oh, I KNOW I can beat this guy. I promise I will.”..... well, how does one actually KNOW that? Can they see the future?

Confidence is a lie. Being realistic is the key.

I knew a fat guy growing up that would always be in relationships with the most stunning women. He had no insecurities. He obviously didn't look like he lived on the street either he was just naturally fat.

You clearly don't understand how attraction works and without confidence you'll achieve nothing. Confidence alone can eventually get anyone a gf it's not that hard. The one point I do agree with in regards to reality is that if you don't know how to build attraction with women your just gonna get whatever your worth. 10's date 10's and 5's date 5's that I do agree with. Other then that if you don't walk around scared of everyone and extremely insecure or really shy when interacting with a girl, if you put yourself out there enough you'll get something.

Live for the progress that you've made.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page