Incredible Anxiety, I need help - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Unhappy

Incredible Anxiety, I need help

Hey everyone,

I need big help over here, I am starting a job for the first time and I am having incredible anxiety. When I had interviews before when they put me to try the job for 1-3 days I fall in depression and this makes my life awful. I am always thinking of, "My free time is gone", "I won't be doing the things I used to do now", "I will work all day", "I won't have time for nothing". All this drive me crazy, fall in depression and sad emotions are getting over me and I am completely down.

I need BIG help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

My Mood: Lonely
Working is a means to supporting a life. You can't lament intrusion to your freetime if you can't otherwise meet your own basic needs.

Stinks, but it's a reality.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:39 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
First off, congratulations for starting a job! The feelings you describe sound like a normal reaction / anxiety towards making a lifestyle change. It's not unlike starting school again after a long summer break. The transition at the beginning is no doubt difficult, because a lot of things about your daily life will change. There's nothing wrong with having anxiety over that.

The great thing is, we humans are highly adaptable and over time, you'll get used to this new lifestyle. You'll fall into a routine that will feel familiar, and you'll hopefully be able to a find way to balance work and leisure time.

I felt EXACTLY the same way when I started my first job (and every new job after that). Good luck!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
First off, congratulations for starting a job! The feelings you describe sound like a normal reaction / anxiety towards making a lifestyle change. It's not unlike starting school again after a long summer break. The transition at the beginning is no doubt difficult, because a lot of things about your daily life will change. There's nothing wrong with having anxiety over that.

The great thing is, we humans are highly adaptable and over time, you'll get used to this new lifestyle. You'll fall into a routine that will feel familiar, and you'll hopefully be able to a find way to balance work and leisure time.

I felt EXACTLY the same way when I started my first job (and every new job after that). Good luck!!
Thank you very much for your answer! I wish you good luck and good life to you and your family forever!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:48 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgettingworse View Post
Thank you very much for your answer! I wish you good luck and good life to you and your family forever!
Thank you! So glad I could help, and I wish you the same.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page