Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   Im nervous about getting a dental job (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/im-nervous-about-getting-a-dental-job-2226201/)

Reverie101 08-11-2019 11:15 AM

Im nervous about getting a dental job

I only have 4 more days left until certification. Im just super nervous bc Im afraid I'll mess up and it'll be my first real, career type job and I just don't want to screw up.

Im doing well on my tests in class but-- some of the skills we learn like bite wings and other things I just feel Im in over my head. Like I feel I can do it but then i feel I cant.

Idk i feel nervous but I want to use this certificate though.

shyguy07 08-11-2019 12:52 PM

Getting into a job is always scary. I think it's normal to feel like you're in over your head when you start something new. Are bite wings the things they put in your mouth to do X rays? I can't stand those things. In fact, the last time they did those with me I couldn't handle it. My tongue wants to kick the pieces out of my mouth. lol

aqwsderf 08-11-2019 01:13 PM

Just know everyone is always nervous with their first job. Especially when youre just starting out. Youll keep learning and this will be a great experience for you. Just make sure you find a place that is helpful to a new grads growth

Reverie101 08-14-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqwsderf (Post 1093781733)
Just know everyone is always nervous with their first job. Especially when youre just starting out. Youll keep learning and this will be a great experience for you. Just make sure you find a place that is helpful to a new grads growth

Yeah it just seems impossible as I look on Indeed. Everyone wants someone with exoerience atleast 1 year.

I pray I get work in my field. If not Im going to scream.

Reverie101 08-14-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyguy07 (Post 1093781723)
Getting into a job is always scary. I think it's normal to feel like you're in over your head when you start something new. Are bite wings the things they put in your mouth to do X rays? I can't stand those things. In fact, the last time they did those with me I couldn't handle it. My tongue wants to kick the pieces out of my mouth. lol

Lol yes they are :D

Hussle 08-16-2019 10:14 PM

The thing you have to understand is you will mess up. It's part of the whole process of learning anything and becoming comfortable at something is to go through it and mess up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AgapeOverEros 08-17-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverie101 (Post 1093781647)
I only have 4 more days left until certification. Im just super nervous bc Im afraid I'll mess up and it'll be my first real, career type job and I just don't want to screw up.

Im doing well on my tests in class but-- some of the skills we learn like bite wings and other things I just feel Im in over my head. Like I feel I can do it but then i feel I cant.

How did certification go?

Kevin001 08-17-2019 09:25 AM

Hmm cool thought you were looking for a job for $20 because you didn't want more schooling.

twitchy666 08-17-2019 10:57 AM

dogs' teeth?

i really should have tried a different university!!! i fell into trap about adverts about Terminator, Short Circuit... cybernetics, control engieering

any social job? My language so perfect! Lawyer! barrister... police?

doctor, vet... Oxford close to home after school. Cambridge, classics.

i had no interest in politics at school. no idea what the world wants. just my physics, maths, engineering.. coulda considered any bio.. never taught databases at school. I loved this field i got into cos all businesses need this.

i become a school teacher of databases?

Reverie101 08-17-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin001 (Post 1093785401)
Hmm cool thought you were looking for a job for $20 because you didn't want more schooling.

I am. Dental assisting is just to keep me from working jobs like krogers or walmart ( not knocking it ) and dental assistants can get up to 20 but you kinda have to work your way up. Plus I didnt want to stop at a certificate. I really want to get my associates.

Reverie101 08-17-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgapeOverEros (Post 1093785399)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverie101 (Post 1093781647)

How did certification go?

Not yet. On Sept. 7th I get certified &#x1f642; I'll let you know how it goes. <3

Zatch 08-17-2019 09:52 PM

That's awesome! It's understandable to be nervous but I feel like you will surprise yourself in time. Take the occasion in stride.

Congratulations!

Kevin001 08-17-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverie101 (Post 1093785723)
I am. Dental assisting is just to keep me from working jobs like krogers or walmart ( not knocking it ) and dental assistants can get up to 20 but you kinda have to work your way up. Plus I didnt want to stop at a certificate. I really want to get my associates.

Oh ok :).

PandaBearx 08-18-2019 05:00 PM

That's awesome :clap and it's understandable that you're nervous but I'm sure you'll do great! Just keep up the hard work and all your efforts will pay off, you can do it. :)

Reverie101 08-23-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandaBearx (Post 1093786303)
That's awesome :clap and it's understandable that you're nervous but I'm sure you'll do great! Just keep up the hard work and all your efforts will pay off, you can do it. :)

Thank You so much.