I usually write first - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
livet är meningslöst

I usually write first

I don't understand, is it something wrong with me? Usually nobody writes to me first. Conversation starts only if I write. It makes me feel bad because it makes me think that nobody actually want to talk with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

On here? I'm too SA to ever really start a conversation with someone. Even on a support site for social anxiety. I just panic as to whether the other person will think I'm bothering them, or be tinking "And who is she to be contacting me like this?! How dare she!" or something. I think a lot of people have that problem on here. That said, I have occasionally messaged someone. But usually I wait for someone to message me, and then reply. Even if it hours later. Because I'm panicking about what to reply.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I'm not one to go msg random strangers(Me being scared of first impressions) but I don't mind when ppl msg me.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Winter is coming

I find it really difficult to send the first message. Fear of being rejected and all that shizz.

Ama omnia, Fide paucis.

"Death only exists in the minds of the living"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Simon Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeDroid View Post
I'm not one to go msg random strangers(Me being scared of first impressions) but I don't mind when ppl msg me.
This. I've had a few people message me first, which was nice exposure for my SA to have a bit of conversation.

Still haven't messaged anyone out of the blue though... but I did send 1 or 2 people friend requests, though not completely at random. Still progress though.

"Choose not to be harmed – and you won’t feel harmed.
Don’t feel harmed – and you haven’t been."
- Marcus Aurelius
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Son of Odin

I personally don't start private messages chat , because i just don't have time, being on forum for about half an hour, if i need some help, or if i want to help someone i look trough some posts, just that there are other things to do...Yknow, warcraft? :3

"Abandon your arrogance and pride, otherwise the pain of the constant defeat will be unbearable!"
-Vamana, Fifth Avatar of Vishnu
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM
SAS Member

i had a situation in which i used to message first always and i had only one really good friend that i used to start the convo with and it would go for hours. Anyway after 2 years or so she started ignoring me when i start but me being too nice to realise it always excused her and when she started i talked to her normally

when i met few other friends ( like real ones ) i realized and just felt so bad that i decided to never start the convo. After a month or so i would come online and not talk to her;she actually started to talk to me and semi-apologized about that, but i was too arrogant to accept it, but she tried alittle more

now i depend on people messaging me first or it's nothing; and to be honest i wish this didn't happen because if you stop messaging people first it's so easy to lose them, but i would surely suggest that you "take a break " from messaging hem first and if the really miss the conversations you have they'll start talking afeter sometime.BUT do not over do it (like me)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Nope, still not!

Location: In the wild and ever-changing universe within my skull.
People don't often initiate convo with me no, I don't mind initiating it myself but it's always kinda flattering when I don't have to.

From the day I was born, I yearned for adventure.
Oh Captain, give em what for!
-----------------------------
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
livet är meningslöst

There are people who at the end of the conversation said that it was great talking to me and that it would be great to do it again soon. But they just don't write to me. It just... I don't know. If I wanted to talk with somebody, I would write.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Little Winged One

My Mood: Angelic
Are you talking about Facebook? Or this site??

-Work on Forgetting the Self-

"Never try to appear to be more than you are but always try to be more than you appear."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page