I think my social anxiety is just biochemical - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I think my social anxiety is just biochemical

What I've come to realize is that my social anxiety is a biological/biochemical response that makes my body more anxious than most people in social situations. The way I noticed that is because I was fasting and no longer had any energy to be anxious, so it was easier for me to talk to people and make eye contact with them without freaking out. Can you relate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:13 AM
Socializing with myself

Language: English
Hunger fear of being socially conscious at people?

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

The real creator gave the programmers restricted technologies.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Permanently Banned

No

It's either solely nurture, or nurture combined with nature. Humans are inherently social and cannot exist in social vacuums.
Posted via Mobile Device

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 05:03 AM
VIP

It's impossible to say for sure whether it's biochemical or if it's coming from your conscious and subconscious thoughts. Or maybe both. All we know that it's fixable both ways yet unfortunately there's no drug invented/announced yet which would work as effectively as benzodiazepines or phenibut without quickly developing tolerance and dependence (and then horrendous withdrawals when quitting). And going the healthy route with therapy takes time and effort.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:11 AM
Tired

Its not even biochemical, there just isn't that distinction between biology and environment. SA cannot just be biological, because by definition, there is a social component. You get anxious around people, so its social. That you feel anxiety (a biological phenomenon) is obviously also biological. Everything you feel is biological though, everything you think is biological, but you can't cut off that social element, because it's you interacting with the world.

What may be going on, an assumption on my part, is that you would like to believe its biological, and there may be a reason for that. So I would ask you why you seem to want to believe its purely biological. What are the consequenses for you if its a biological phenomenon? (what do you get from that?).

I have a tendency, when I feel really bad, to make these kinds of assumptions, so I am pretty sure I can guess why you would like this explanation .

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:48 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Its not even biochemical, there just isn't that distinction between biology and environment. SA cannot just be biological, because by definition, there is a social component.
exactly, the social sphere is just a part of our biology, if you want to use biology as a term. reality isn't really divided into "parts" the way we humans see it. society is as much a part of biology as our brains are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotBSC View Post
It's impossible to say for sure whether it's biochemical or if it's coming from your conscious and subconscious thoughts. Or maybe both. All we know that it's fixable both ways yet unfortunately there's no drug invented/announced yet which would work as effectively as benzodiazepines or phenibut without quickly developing tolerance and dependence (and then horrendous withdrawals when quitting). And going the healthy route with therapy takes time and effort.
apparently it's technically possible to synthesise a benzo that isn't addictive. i wonder why they haven't done it yet. perhaps because benzos are amazing and there is no chance in hell that big pharma wants us to be happy.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
exactly, the social sphere is just a part of our biology, if you want to use biology as a term. reality isn't really divided into "parts" the way we humans see it. society is as much a part of biology as our brains are.

apparently it's technically possible to synthesise a benzo that isn't addictive. i wonder why they haven't done it yet. perhaps because benzos are amazing and there is no chance in hell that big pharma wants us to be happy.
Was that based on that one paper posted by a user here? I don't think it showed it was definitely, only a potential way. One study though, and speculative. Pretty much anything that touched GABA receptors wasn't supposed to be addictive when it started out, but turned out to be.

A non addictive benzo would definitely be something pharmaceutical companies would want to sell, it would be like the 50's all over again when everyone took benzos. Non addictive benzodiazepene, and non addictive opiod and you have anxiety and depression pretty much dealt with, and pharmaceutical companies would be making tonnes of money. Honestly though, the problem with anything that takes away distress rapidly, even if it works on receptors that "don't give euphoria" or whatever, are probably going to be addictive for those who get relief from them. I sure as **** would struggle with something like that.

Atm I wake every morning with emotional pain that feels pretty close to physical pain. Kratom removed it, the distress, the grief, and gave me a balanced outlook. I had to throw it all away, because I knew what was coming. No dodging addiction if you cave in to something that works rapidly, like that.

I would like to be wrong though, just history has shown that anything GABA and fast acting = addictive.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:58 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I think some people have a heightened response to anxiety/fear/disgust/pain etc. There are people who have never experienced fear, pain etc so it makes sense that people who experience it more strongly than the average would also exist.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 06:10 AM
Resist

My Mood: Tired
IMO, SA is just mind over matter. The more you put yourself in situations you can't handle, the easier they get to deal with.

TRE45ON

"One thing he (Trump) does know is how to get angry, white men to vote for him."- Bill Clinton

Without question the worst president we’ve ever had- Harry Reid on trump.

No question, Trump is racist.- America's heroine Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

All roads with you lead to Putin.- Pelosi to trump on his treason

#WeAccept
#MakeRacistsAfraidAgain
#NotMyPresident

Recognize human trafficking:
http://www.dhs.gov/blue-campaign

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page