I rather be a kid - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

I rather be a kid

than living a life of a boring adult, I'm 31 but I would rather be a kid again, I rather be in elementary and junior high and even high school than now, what kind of life is this man? I work full-time, how lame is that? sometimes these idiots make us work Saturdays, did I have to go to school on Saturdays? No. Back then, those were the days. I used to have friends man. I used to go to camp and see girls I liked. What now? Some desperate women with kids who is looking for guys to trick for money. Getting married? That's lame. That's what people tell me, to get married, to get a girlfriend like I'm suppose to be playing Romeo and Juliet. I wouldn't mind if I was a kid or a teenager and had a gf back then. I had close friends back then, I have good memories, I was quiet and shy but at least I enjoyed life back then. Now what? Work, work, work. I don't care about it, I only do it because I have to. I don't care about the people at the job. I don't hang out with people's parents. I rather be a kid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Permanently Banned

this is why I don't look forward to the future. I don't see anything appealing about being a slave for the rest of my life.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Keyz View Post
this is why I don't look forward to the future. I don't see anything appealing about being a slave for the rest of my life.
how old are you? before this job (6 years ago) I didnt work for at over 1.5 years and I felt fine, I felt relaxed, now it's depressing as hell

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Joe
Permanently Banned

school was nice, even if I was anxious and mostly alone I could still just sit on video games and escape
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:37 PM

Language: English
Quote:

NSA - Formed November 4, 1952; 62 years ago

NASA - Formed July 29, 1958; 57 years ago

CIA - Formed September 18, 1947; 68 years ago

FBI - Formed July 26, 1908; 107 years ago

Enters public, after making negotiations with primitive creatures about controlling the public more strictly, and starts to really advance in technology.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, health, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:39 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
It's a mixed bag for me. I don't like being 40 that much, I feel too restricted by society to express myself in a manner of which I feel. Being older has far too many expectations from others, far too many judgements, we are looked down upon by most people, especially if you don't have a nice career. I miss the freedom that my later teens and twenties even into my early thirties provided. I was just a kid, I could do stupid things without much consequence, I could work minimum wage without much judgement, I could do a lot with less judgement. I did not live under the rule of my parents, I did not have to go to school.. and you get so many more chances around that age. People treat you a lot better.

But being a kid, I dunno.. there is little freedom in being a little kid again. Little freedom of being a teenager in school as well, there are far too many rules.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
I'll take adulthood over being a child again any day. The freedom and the fact no one cares I even exist beats all the crap I went through as a kid
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:48 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
I refuse to have kids or work a 9-5. I am starting an online business and I'm going to do what I want. Screw being "adult."

To succeed in the world, it is much more necessary to possess the penetration to discern who is a fool, than to discover who is a clever man. -Talleyrand
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Permanently Banned

A full time job is better than school to me. I accumulated 181 credits from community college + uni.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Chlorine and Wine

My Mood: Dead
Yeah, so would I. No wage slavery, just getting to learn new things and not struggling with it. No worry about relationships and other adult things either. Sure, maybe I developed debilitating anxiety at some point, but before that... things were so easy, so simple. Adulthood, you get all the expectations and a whole new set of feels for what?

Here's to life, the vice
The great herald of misery
In this cup, spiritus frumenti
For this is the nectar of the spirit
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Admiring beards from afar

My Mood: Lurking
I probably have this exact though everyday, although I'm comforted by the fact that my childhood didn't revolve around technology and parents putting every detail on Facebook. I miss being 16 sometimes though when I had school, friends and my routine was simple.

Quiet people have the loudest minds

I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Some day I'm gonna be free
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:02 PM

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great. View Post
I refuse to have kids or work a 9-5. I am starting an online business and I'm going to do what I want. Screw being "adult."
Affiliating Marketing? what's your niche?

People be wheeling in them big joints.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

High Authority NSA Software Engineers "We feed the Supercomputers knowledge on how to manage citizens sleep, sex, accicident, dream, health, interaction, job, education, lottery, living condition, murder, suicide & terrorism throughout the day each day."
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
I would much rather be an adult, I wouldn't want to be a kid again and go through all that anxiety stuff I had then, at least now I have the freedom to do what I want and go where I please.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
i wish i was an adult who was loved, but since i'm not i already am the 'kid'

not able to move forward, i don't fantasize about the past, but i used to have a smile... lol.

used to love to get up
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusX View Post
how old are you? before this job (6 years ago) I didnt work for at over 1.5 years and I felt fine, I felt relaxed, now it's depressing as hell

I've worked part-time and from that alone I can see how it would be depressing. Did you go to college?

I can't imagine life without summer break... it must suck.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

who the hell wants to look old? nobody
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Quote:

I've worked part-time and from that alone I can see how it would be depressing. Did you go to college?

I can't imagine life without summer break... it must suck.
I'm 31, went to college only took the core courses, never knew what I wanted to study, imagine working full time for the rest of your life and having to work Saturdays when they say its mandatory, damn, that is so freaking depressing man, working is like a punishment, I didnt have to even think about work when I was in elementary- junior high- some high school
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 07:18 PM
high humidty, & cuteness

school sucked for me. that was the worst part of being a kid and teenager. it took me forever to do assignments and that's all I did for the day. go to school, do assignments, go to sleep late. wow, such great childhood/teenage years. yeah right!

being an adult is so much better.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Worried
Things sure would be easier, wouldn't they?

But you'd have less independence and less opportunities (like work opportunities and whatnot).

And there are these legal restrictions too. Enjoy driving, voting and buying beer when you're not even 18/19/21 yet
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 PM
SAS Member

school meant 5/days week I was around lots of pretty girls, too bad it was all ruined by being fat and bullied by my "friends" outside of school

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page