I QUIT facebook.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I QUIT facebook..

I'm sure loads of you have already done so, deleted their facebook or just stop logging on. Well today I join you.

After reading about a friend of mine getting the new iPhone last night, and the crap on there this morning. I decided to quit facebook.

I haven't deleted my account or anything I just deleted the app from my phone and the bookmark on my browsers.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you why I've done this.
But for me it is a matter of jealousy and being overlooked.
I'm jealous of "my friends" for having their own place, a good paying job (that they didn't work as hard to get as I am working). and just about everything else.

Sick of posting what I think is a pretty good status and having not one person comment on it, or commenting on someone elses crap and have them practically ignore me and respond to everyone else. I'm done son.

Lets see how long this lasts..

Just remember to breathe..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:54 PM
SAS Member

Good for you.

I think Facebook is used more as a time waster, than an actual website to really keep in touch with others on. Everyone is just nosy anyways. But enjoy the freedom.....for as long as it lasts. =)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 PM
SAS Member

Good. Facebook is the devil.

Edit: Just deleted all my friends. Now I have 14. Woot!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
SAS Member

Rather be on here anyways! I feel more accepted here. Pretty sure others who have SA feel the same.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

<3

Just remember to breathe..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

I hate it too at times when I feel really down. There are times that FB really gets me down. But I just keep the account, go check stuff every now and then. Sometimes I feel what's the big deal so they have x+ friends with a hot gf or bf and a top job. Yawn... who cares ha? lol Most of it is just superficial anyway
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
SAS Member

What you get from Facebook depends on what you put into it. I use it to keep in touch with friends and relatives that I don't see too much on a regular basis or who live in another state. If I post anything - status or comment or whatever - it's meant for a few people in particular, not just to get attention generally. I don't spend that much time on it. If I want to meet with someone, I'll call or e-mail them.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
SAS Member

I know some people use facebook for useful purposes, but mostly it just seems like a giant waste of time. Plus it really isn't even designed well for those people who use it for meaningful things like communicate with groups of people and so on. Why would you want to communicate with one person or a specific group of people via a wall that your millions of friends can see?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 12:13 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1980 View Post
Why would you want to communicate with one person or a specific group of people via a wall that your millions of friends can see?
Social media marketing. FB is a popular mode for targeting selected audiences for marketing products and services. It's quite popular today. There are two girls sitting next to me at work and their fulltime job is blogging, youtube videos, twitter and facebook making what they call "brand awareness" lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page