I'm still beating myself up. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm still beating myself up.

Over the last 3 months, I've quit gambling 2 1/2 months, quit smoking 6 weeks cold turkey, started weightlifting 5 days a week and eating healthier, dentist, going to physiotherapy for both my feet. I've been doing positive things for myself that I've never have done in over 2 years. Then it seems mind doesn't allow myself to feel good about all the things I've done and the effort I've put in.

Then the negative come's in my mind... it has fun. Your big for nothing 6'2 270lbs 18%bodyfat. I'm too nice, no friends, no job, lost social skills somewhere I can't get find, and mental illness. very attractive resume for getting a girlfriend.

Over 3 years ago things were way different, but today is now. Living in the present is difficult and painful. Sometimes I just have too get out of my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Crazy Artist

I have the same problem. I just started my new job a month ago, I work on my portfolio and animations every other day, I am going out to meet new people once a week but I still feel like I am worthless. Negative thinking keeps me up at night. I feel I am getting no where fast since I can't drive and the girls I have been going out with are taking me a while to befriend. I don't have a job in an animation industry and I live at home and still can't drive. No matter what I do I can never get everything or move fast enough.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
SAS Member

i feel you on the quitting gambling, im in the process of trying to quit but man what a pain, iv tried many drugs marijuana, ecstasy, mushrooms, opiates, but other then weed iv never been addicted to something as bad as gambling, ill do it everyday until i manage to stop for a few days but then that 1 day back is worse then if i just didnt stop at all, would you mind explaining a psych ward for me and what exactly you do there?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page