"I'm so ugly" - All of my hate - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Planet

My Mood: Crappy

"I'm so ugly" - All of my hate

Are you self-conscious about your appearance? Well most of us are about at least some parts of our bodies, it's pretty normal. It's also normal to feel like sharing that with others and seeking help, that's great. What I hate is when you start telling me you're ugly or posting on image boards about how ugly you apparently are yet you're an 8/10. I hate it because, if you're ugly then I'm literally a turd...and if you think of yourself as ugly, when you're obviously ten times better looking than me and others like me, then what do you think of us? I mean, what do you honestly think of us, not what you say you think of us? You probably think we're disgusting, undatable scum because we're objectively significantly worse looking than you.

Seriously people, I can sympathize with insecurities and such but please don't blow it out of proportion, it's obviously not good for you to dwell on these kinds of thoughts but its also ****ty for those 5-10% of us who are actually ****ing ugly lol. And even if you have unattractive features about yourself...I think a rational judgement of your own attractiveness should outweigh your insecurities - better for all of us.

JUST DO IT, ******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

lots of people who think they are ugly arent really ugly. dont get so offended. Lots of people cant really see themselves for what they really are. they are biased against themselves but in a negative way , they have that body dysmorphic disorder. Others know they look good and are just fishing for compliments by saying they are fat/ugly. Dont take it so personal.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by andretti View Post
lots of people who think they are ugly arent really ugly. dont get so offended. Lots of people cant really see themselves for what they really are. they are biased against themselves but in a negative way , they have that body dysmorphic disorder. Others know they look good and are just fishing for compliments by saying they are fat/ugly. Dont take it so personal.
not everyone who posts online about how they think they're unattractive has bdd, im not talking about people with mental disorders

JUST DO IT, ******

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 04:30 PM
SAS Member

The sad truth is a majority of the time when people do this they are very well aware of how attractive they are. They want people to reinforce that by complimenting them and telling them how wrong they are about being unattractive.

Much more effective than if they went on the internet and said "look how pretty I am."
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
Ikr.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 07:29 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
not everyone who posts online about how they think they're unattractive has bdd, im not talking about people with mental disorders
This is a SA forum.

A forum for a mental disorder that makes us feel out of place, unattractive, weird etc.

No matter how many people you see who you think look pretty, they probably don't view themselves as such.

ADDS: And it probably doesn't make them think you're really ugly either. We all have high standards, but only for ourselves.

“You're beautiful, but you're empty...One couldn't die for you. Of course, an ordinary passerby would think my rose looked just like you. But my rose, all on her own, is more important than all of you together, since she's the one I've watered."

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 03:59 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
A lot of people don't accept themselves for rational reasons... you cannot generalize that.

Not trying to be mean I came with an intent to reply and that's what I know from experience..... I'll give you an example I know a girl who wears makeup and looks like a cake face because of her skin type, but when I wear it, it looks more natural because fortunately I have nice skin. At first I thought what the hell she's more attractive and overall better than me her makeup is even better what is she even complaining about? Then I realized she's just not happy with it and people actually do comment about her makeup when shes not there. Sometimes they tell it to me too..

There's about 10 things I think like on my body that I find ugly. So everyone can feel ugly. Maybe I feel as ugly as you even if you might feel like you're uglier. (Which I doubt because let's face it this world is a lie... a small nose is cute big Jewish ones are made fun of lol n I have a huge nose! But honestly I think imperfections are sexier) and no one is ugly.... because honestly someone somewhere will see your heart and beautiful eyes. Cheezy as that sounds to the u r good looking inside or outside. I guarantee it.

My favorite member here... compares himself to marilyn manson XD. . So to me that's charming and he already has a good look effect with his looks and personality.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 05:47 AM
A Tad Hexish

My Mood: Brooding
It's safe to assume I'm the least attractive woman on the forum since I'm the last one any man would date. I couldn't get a date if I was the only woman. Is that "ugly" enough?

I love Society. It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:00 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
When I was fifteen, I think I actually fell in love with a girl. I was a fat kid and I remember one time she sat close to me and told me she liked me too, and I asked her, "as a friend?" Then she said, "more than a friend." I was so happy I could cry, but I was scared to death. Then I found out she was only joking and had a bf, some skinny white kid.

Since that day I always thought I was ugly. Years after years I dwelled on it until I got so skinny you could see my bones. I went to the mental hospital for a week and they all told me I was fine after evaluation.

Then I talked to God and prayed for help. I soon started modeling for two different businesses afterwards and now I'm still a little thin but I'm told I'm very handsome.

I haven't been modeling for awhile but I hope to get back into it one day. God works in wonderous ways, everyone.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:05 AM
SAS Member

I know what you mean, just the people who come off as ridiculous. like they're just wanting attention. There's a girl on my Facebook friends list who looks like a twig and constantly posts pictures of herself with captions like "I look chubby here" or "thick girls are beautiful too" lmao. The best thing to do is not get offended and just laugh it off.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:15 AM
SAS Member

Agree with everything you said. Unfortunately there are attractive people who genuinely think they're ugly, and others just want attention and validation.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:50 AM
suh dude

My Mood: Chatty
Bdd sucks ; _ ;

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Orange Alert

My Mood: Worried
The problem is not the attention w**** but rather the fact that ugliness is seen as a negative thing and is often used for shaming. I wish society would stop with the ''eye of the beholder'' and ''everyone's attractive to someone'' crap and be more honest. Some (combinations of) features are appealing to the vast majority of the population, some are equally unappealing. It's not a shame to have either. We should be mindful not to discriminate based on appearance, and counteract our natural tendency to do so.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
It's safe to assume I'm the least attractive woman on the forum since I'm the last one any man would date. I couldn't get a date if I was the only woman. Is that "ugly" enough?
Uh, sure okay if you think so =P But I thought, unlike some, you actually had a...sex life?

JUST DO IT, ******
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:39 PM
The Real Kim Shady

My Mood: Lurking
Beauty and ugliness are in the eye of the beholder.

It's cliche, but so what? It's true.

Life is not fair. Neither is mercy. This is the beauty of symmetry. -ME
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Planet

@ScorchedEarth Yup, attractiveness is universal, outside of fetishism, what people just don't understand is that there are a few "archetypes" of beauty, for men in general that is looking strong, healthy, young an masculine - for women it is the same, just replace masculinity with femininity. So no, it isn't down to personal preferrence and not everyone is good looking, some people are objectively and universally ugly and will forever be undesired, at least for their looks.

JUST DO IT, ******
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virga View Post
The sad truth is a majority of the time when people do this they are very well aware of how attractive they are. They want people to reinforce that by complimenting them and telling them how wrong they are about being unattractive.

Much more effective than if they went on the internet and said "look how pretty I am."
Maybe some people are just so desperate in their life that getting compliments is the most action they can ever get...
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Uh, sure okay if you think so =P But I thought, unlike some, you actually had a...sex life?
"sex life"?
Is that a PC game? When did it came out?

lol
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbiter View Post
"sex life"?
Is that a PC game? When did it came out?

lol
ye it came out a couple of billion years ago but the devs still keep it updated and regularly patch it. now we're in the 2nd patch of the World of Life:Memes and Refugees expansion.

JUST DO IT, ******
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
ye it came out a couple of billion years ago but the devs still keep it updated and regularly patch it. now we're in the 2nd patch of the World of Life:Memes and Refugees expansion.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Real_Life

You mean this MMORPG?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page