I'm so tired of this endless cycle - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm so tired of this endless cycle

My problem may seem insignificant to some, but for me its just ruining my life.

I could be feeling so happy, having fun or whatever, but then I'll suddenly remember something upsetting. Like the time some of my bullies saw me in a bar and poured a drink over me. Or the time my 'friend' stole money from me. Or the time someone brutally insulted me. I could literally go on and on and on. I go over these same memories constantly. Once they are in my mind I cannot get them out.

I cannot seem to break free from this, after YEARS of going through the same thing, I have had enough and I feel desperate for it to stop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 AM
SAS Member

i know how you feel....i have recurring thoughts about assh0le friends that keep doing my head in.....they make me angry and keep gnawing away at my mind.....i haev to get them out of my mind, like i do not even see them anymore, thye are not my frined s anymore so im going to have to be positive about this so i can not think about them.....they say forgive to forget.....thats what i must do
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Permanently Banned

Language: English, Dutch
My Mood: Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool user name View Post
My problem may seem insignificant to some, but for me its just ruining my life.

I could be feeling so happy, having fun or whatever, but then I'll suddenly remember something upsetting. Like the time some of my bullies saw me in a bar and poured a drink over me. Or the time my 'friend' stole money from me. Or the time someone brutally insulted me. I could literally go on and on and on. I go over these same memories constantly. Once they are in my mind I cannot get them out.

I cannot seem to break free from this, after YEARS of going through the same thing, I have had enough and I feel desperate for it to stop
Although it goes a tad different for me, I can relate a lot. At one second, you find yourself doing just fine and 5 seconds later your world has turned upside down. Only thing I can advise you to do, is to talk to someone about it, be it a friend, family member or a therapist. Stay strong out there.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 10:30 PM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese (maternal) and English.
I can definitely relate. I'm never fully relaxed, I mean never! My mind is always being invaded by intrusive thoughts, and they can even distort my perception of the past, making it seems way worse than it really was.

I'm only at fully mental peace when I"m sleeeping
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 06:16 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Do you have an outlet for them? Have you spoken to someone about them? Maybe if you have an outlet for them, they won't interrupt your thoughts so much x

<3
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

When people are in good spirits, they usually become more open and more trusting of the world. Part of you might be bringing up those hurtful memories as a way to prevent your openness from leading to additional pain.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page