I'm NOT shy! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm NOT shy!

UGH... Sometimes I feel if one more person calls me shy I'm gonna flip out on them! I'm a far from shy person. Yea I am quiet when I don't know someone or don't feel comfortable around them but I talk when I want to. Why do people feel that cause your quiet you are not expressive? I get so sick of labels. I talk when I want to and I say things when they have to be said.. I'm far from shy. Stop judging!

I only know that I can change everything else just stays the same- Staind

"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can GET hit and keep moving forward" - rocky balboa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 AM
killer of conversations

Re: I'm NOT shy!

I feel your fustration, believe me. Actually I was just thinking about this the other day. Next person who asks me why I never speak out in class or don't talk much I'll reply with "I'll speak when I freaking want to or when I have something to say" instead of just shrugging, smiling shyly, or ignoring the question. Simple as that. God, get it through your ****ing heads people!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
RAR
SAS Member

If you're not shy, why are you here?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
SAS Member

My mom thinks I have no emotions. She told me so.

"Sometimes I worry because you have no emotions."

Uhhh, who the hell are you to say I have no emotions? I have always given my emotions away to you in hints and other subtle ways (sometimes so painfully I know they must be obvious to you), it's the only way I know how. You never see them because you don't care to look close enough, you're too comfy there on the surface. You think you know me so well and that you can speak for me -- which is why you always do -- and you take such pride in it, knowing your boy so well, that I just don't have the heart to tell you you're dead wrong..

I'm not very good at this whole "socializing" fad.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

It's also really annoying when those same people don't make any effort to try to get to know you and yet they still say "why are you so quiet"

I only know that I can change everything else just stays the same- Staind

"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can GET hit and keep moving forward" - rocky balboa
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell
My mom thinks I have no emotions. She told me so.

"Sometimes I worry because you have no emotions."
Yes that one hurts so so badly, I had a sibling who used to tell me that nearly every day of my fricken life but now I have come to realise that this particular sibling is the one who has no emotions for making comments like that and making fun of the way I have expressed myself. Comments like these I think are not dished out to hurt you but I think that it is just plain ignorance by other people in your family not understanding SA and thinking because they grew up with you they have the right and think they know you well enough to judge you. May be it's time you told your mom about your SA so that she will get a better understanding of you.

Puss in Boots is my hero
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR
If you're not shy, why are you here?
I am FAR from shy, but the reason I'm on here is because of social anxiety. It looks differently for different people. Social anxiety does not equal shy. I have social anxiety but I'm not shy. Social anxiety is multi-ply determined.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Rock Music Addict

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic Prone View Post
It's also really annoying when those same people don't make any effort to try to get to know you and yet they still say "why are you so quiet"
omg YES! that is sooooo annoying, I hate that a lot....I was sitting with this girl, and she says "talk man!" then I say "about what?" and she's like "I don't know"....you could imagine how annoyed I was
and there's also when people randomly turn to me in class and ask why I'm quiet. Am I supposed to jump into people's conversations or are you going to start one with me? ugh...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Uhh...

I understand. I don't get why people think you should want to talk to ANYBODY you see. There's people you just don't have anything to talk to about. =/

Happiness Depends Upon Ourselves-Aristotle
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 PM
SAS Member

People confuse being "quiet" and being "shy" all the time. Just because I'm quiet does not mean im shy..... Maybe I just don't feel like talking?

Feel free to drop me a line or a question whenever!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page