I'm not a sociopath nor will I turn into a serial killer you ignorant fool. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

I'm not a sociopath nor will I turn into a serial killer you ignorant fool.

Argh. I hate it when people think they know what they're on about.

I just got called a sociopath because of my SA. I mean, wtf?

I was like, "No i'm not" and she goes "Well do you have a job?" I said no because I don't, "Do you have friends?" and again I said no, and she took those to "prove" I was!

She also said "better watch out for you, we'll be seeing you on the news in ten years time after you've killed all those people"

ARGH.
WTF.

Maybe you might want to try looking up what Social Anxiety Disorder actually is you ignorant, ignorant fool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:55 PM
SAS Member

Yeah I've heard "You're the type that would pull a columbine" so many times. It pisses me off so bad. (Plus I've always wondered: If you think I'm capable of doing something like that why would you be so mean to me????? If you think I'm that dangerous you should be trying to avoid getting on my bad side.)People are so dumb.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Starlight and moonbeams

I also heard in high school, "We're going to be seeing you on the news after you become the next unabomber."

I also wonder why they say these things to me, if they think I'm that dangerous. Wouldn't they be afraid of me? Do they want me to become a unabomber?

People are really stupid, I agree.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WintersTale View Post
I also heard in high school, "We're going to be seeing you on the news after you become the next unabomber."

I also wonder why they say these things to me, if they think I'm that dangerous. Wouldn't they be afraid of me? Do they want me to become a unabomber?

People are really stupid, I agree.
My guess is that they really don't believe what they're saying. They're just trying to hurt you. Picking on the weak people, in a way.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Permanently Banned

Location: East Coast. Occasionally I may be located at an anime convention.
People at my old job used to jokingly tell me I would make a good assasin. I took that as a compliment though.

In high school I did get dubbed "schizoid." Thank you AP Psychology...But thats actually the least offensive nickname I've had in my life.

Quote:
She also said "better watch out for you, we'll be seeing you on the news in ten years time after you've killed all those people"
I don't know, I would find that kind of amusing. I would answer that with a joke, something along the lines of "Don't encourage me. I could be on the news right here this afternoon."

Shortly after the Virginia Tech shooting, I was walking through the halls of my dorm when two girls were discussing the incident. One of them said that they should keep and eye on "the quiet girl at the end of the hall." Ahem, me.
Then they notice me walking past, I turn my head slowly with a big smile.

Wish I could have gotten their reaction on camera

Me and my morbid sense of humor.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:51 PM
SAS Member

Im a reserved introverted postal worker with brown skin, and yet, no one thinks Im gona do anything crazy. :P

Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the decision to act in spite of it.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
SAS Member

ya this has happened to me too once. you can't let things like that get to you and that girl was probably just trying to get under you skin. so just let it go there are far better things to dwell upon anyway
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 PM
SAS Member

I am a huge George Carlin fan, and was listening to him the other day. He was talking about little sayings that people have. One of them was "its the quiet ones that you have to watch out for". He said "This is a dangerous assumption". I bet you could go into a bar quietly and sit and a loudmouth with a gun comes in and says ---"I'll kill the next MF that comes in here".
He was just making light of that stupid statement extroverts make.
If a person comes up to me and starts saying something out about me possibly turning out to be a serial killer, I would say "No, thats not me, but I tell you what I will do to you". Tell you to go F*** YOURSELF!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
SAS Member

to be a hit man is way cooler than being just a serial killer
don't you all agree ?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 PM
SAS Member

"Hey Guido, I want Luigi taken out". There are 3000 G's in it for you." I know that you won't let me down, because you are a very talkative person".
"Yes Godfather, consider it done". But wouldn't it be better if I just talked him to death?"

Yeah, at least those mob hits are profitable.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGaBulldog View Post
"No, thats not me, but I tell you what I will do to you". Tell you to go F*** YOURSELF!
She already has no respect for you, so you might as well let loose.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
SAS Member

What a mean person.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Frostie

To dignify such a ridiculous accusation with a response gives the idiot credibility and the idea you actually care about their opinion. In their eyes you are already a sociopathic homicidal maniac before being proven otherwise and anything you say in your defense will serve as more evidence to feed their delusions. Its best to just accept that some people are going to think bad things about you because of your socially anxious characteristics and move on.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:21 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyxo View Post
Argh. I hate it when people think they know what they're on about.

I just got called a sociopath because of my SA. I mean, wtf?

I was like, "No i'm not" and she goes "Well do you have a job?" I said no because I don't, "Do you have friends?" and again I said no, and she took those to "prove" I was!

ARGH.
WTF.

Maybe you might want to try looking up what Social Anxiety Disorder actually is you ignorant, ignorant fool.

Why would YOU be called a sociopath ? Are far as i've seen from your other posts, your married (or pretty close to being married) ?

Guys, like me, who go to the supermarket weekly to get some grub, always in the lonesome, get a rude stare, ( or someone whispers, "look at that guy, he's always so alone, i heard so-and-so who killed so-and-so was just like him) ... at least twice a month.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentLoner View Post
People at my old job used to jokingly tell me I would make a good assasin. I took that as a compliment though.

In high school I did get dubbed "schizoid." Thank you AP Psychology...But thats actually the least offensive nickname I've had in my life.

I don't know, I would find that kind of amusing. I would answer that with a joke, something along the lines of "Don't encourage me. I could be on the news right here this afternoon."

Shortly after the Virginia Tech shooting, I was walking through the halls of my dorm when two girls were discussing the incident. One of them said that they should keep and eye on "the quiet girl at the end of the hall." Ahem, me.
Then they notice me walking past, I turn my head slowly with a big smile.

Wish I could have gotten their reaction on camera

Me and my morbid sense of humor.
now THAT is funny !
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Geese

Location: The place where everything is trying to kill you (Australia)
My Mood: Relaxed
I have also been told I would be a good killer because of my quiet and calculated nature. But I don't really see it personally. I also find it funny how these people who think you will be some killer are also so mean to you, I mean if I really as a killer I know who would be sitting at the top of my list!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 03:47 AM

She seems to be very very very ignorant. And stupid.
Sociopaths are people with antisocial personality disorder. She probably thought that 'antisocial' part means shy/quiet person but it's completely different thing with sociopaths.
Tell her to check out the facts before comes to say something like that.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Hiding behind the sofa

Yes, people have said things along the lines of "god, that guy's like so quite, I bet he'll come along and shoot everyone", both in person and over Myspace (another reason I don't go on there now). this annoys me as, I'm not the sort that'd do that of all the people, they'd pick the person least skilled with a firearm to link with shootings. What about the embittered people I know who talk about doing that, the ones with (deactivated) gun collections and who are skilled with weaponry? I'd expect them to be talked about more than me.. I just don't get some people it seems..
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:14 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
I've been told by others that one of these days I am just going to go off because I am so dam quiet. I think these people think they can kind of bully us by trying to get us to open up, when in reality they are just making a fool of themselves.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 AM
SAS Member

Am really sorry to hear about that Fairyxo. 100% agree with what you're saying.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page