I'm being bullied at college - Page 5 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 10:10 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahG View Post
There are student help centers for that sort of thing. He's harassing you, which isn't just annoying, it's illegal. Whether or not he gets charged, who knows. It'll at least make him stop and avoid you like the plague so you won't have to deal with his crap.
I found this thread and two of the responses useful. I have recently come across a bizarre situation whether it be bullying or not baffles me because the person that is doing this to me is a little pip squeek runt that apparantly has no life and gets poor grades.

I don't have social anxiety but I also don't mistreat nor say weird stuff to people in person whom I hardly even know, which this person is doing to me and I find it not only bizarre but very inpolite and rude.

So I'm contacting the professor and I plan to go to the student counsoling and reporting it there as well. Gotta get this squashed out and move on because with my studies I don't have time for some little wimp that is trying to bolster his puny self esteem by trying to mock other students.

And on topic -- I have seen this phenomena just because a man is married doesn't mean he isn't attracted to other females. There are plenty of men that used this method to break down a woman and then later on flirt with her then they date and get married. Bizarre I know but a lot of people in this society are not very bright and fall into that trap. I met a lady once whom stated that a guy used to call her "Satan" at her high school (Her name was Sadie and she was a redhead) and he wouldn't stop and it pissed her off. Eventually he flirted with her and they started dating and got married and probably had a kid. What do I think of that? I think both individuals have a screw loose. Don't fall into that, get a good person and not a jerk. It isn't worth being with a jerk beleive me. People marry jerks and have all kinds of issues with them because for one they are indefinitely immature and also they will start all kinds of fickle arguments with their spouse and possibly lead into domestic disturbances or other imbalances in practical life.

Anyways thanks for this and I hope that it helps because I don't want to have to end up handing this guy's own *** to him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 AM
SAS Member

I also forgot to mention that a lot of phones and other devices these days have a record feature so if you are worried about needing proof all you gotta do is record it. don't worry if it is legal or not, nobody can do anything to you besides say that you can't use it if that is so. Imo anything in a school setting is public domain and once words are spoken they are public and anyone can use it to prove their case. I have a device here that I may end up utilizing for this purpose as necessary. The person will be too stupid to know what is going on.
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 11:20 AM
SAS member

I'm surprised no one else in your class called him out. Bully's have a really dysfunctional way of relating to people so they bond with others by alienating a person. Unfortunately as you and I know, it works. People will side with strength to keep themselves from being that person. I never understood why a group doesn't just gang up on the person who is being hostile and negative. I wish I had advice, but I have been there and you are not alone in this.

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
Mark twain

Watch your thoughts: They become your words.
Watch your words: They become your actions.
Watch your actions: They become your habits.
Watch your habits: They become your character.
Watch your character: It becomes your destiny.
Zen poem

post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 01:14 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eia Au View Post
I'm surprised no one else in your class called him out. Bully's have a really dysfunctional way of relating to people so they bond with others by alienating a person. Unfortunately as you and I know, it works. People will side with strength to keep themselves from being that person. I never understood why a group doesn't just gang up on the person who is being hostile and negative. I wish I had advice, but I have been there and you are not alone in this.
The group sometimes gangs up by distancing themselves from the individual. I saw it happen to several Filipino dudes in high school. For some reason, they get raised American and become spoiled. Their parents don't have any control over them. Eventually the people of other races distance and avoid from them because they act like spoiled brat idiots.

After they get in college for a while, they realize they had lost all their friends and are sorry about it. I had some literally come to me and apologize and want to go drink with me. I refused the offer but still treated them, the bully types, as polite as I did while attending high school with them.

The problem we have though is that society tries to dictate to us from a young age that life is great and everything is good and works well. This isn't true and shrouds us with this idea that these things will never happen to us, thus when we get older and it keeps happening we don't understand nor comprehend how to deal with it.

For me personally I am going to file a sexual harassment suit against another male because I believe that things he has asked and said are lead-ins for homosexual activity and I have 0 toleration for that. If a guy is straight, leave him alone. If a guy is homo leave him alone. People will never learn these things in life.
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 02:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarray View Post
Maybe he secretly likes you.

No that's stupid, it means that people are horrible.

Also, you're an adult, if this is constant it can classify as harassment.
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 03:18 PM
SAS Member

if I was a girl I would, at the drop of a hat, sue any guy that harassed me. free money. guys don't have this priviledge.
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 PM
SAS Member

He sounds like a **** tbh and the fact hes picking on a female who is 8 years younger than himself proves hes a *****. Is this still going on by the way?
post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Actually... I was 19 years old when this guy in his 30s was tormenting me so I was a lot younger. Yep.
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma M View Post
Actually... I was 19 years old when this guy in his 30s was tormenting me so I was a lot younger. Yep.
You made this thread last year...which means you would have been 22 unless you put a fake age in your profile.

I'm confused.
post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

No... The bullying was when I was 19. My age on here is true. I just didn't want people to be saying that the bullying was in the past and to just let it go. That's why I felt the need to put it as something that happened to me recently.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page