Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Frustration (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/)
-   -   i look so ugly from my side view (profile) (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f35/i-look-so-ugly-from-my-side-view-profile-80218/)

ruinMYlife 01-07-2010 06:02 PM

i look so ugly from my side view (profile)

damn i look so ugly from my profile view, that makes me sick and never want to get a gf ever, wth is wrong with me

shyvr6 01-07-2010 06:06 PM

I guess it's your perception. If you do get a girlfriend, I doubt she will have that same perception.

sublimit 01-07-2010 06:10 PM

Mine is ugly too. :( I think I can pass off as average if my face is viewed straight on, but my profile is hideous. I blame my witch-like nose. If it makes you feel any better, people aren't likely to look at you in profile that often, especially if they're talking to you.

PeopleAreStrange 01-07-2010 06:18 PM

Girls aren't as concerned about physical appearance as men are, so you're probably thinking it's a bigger deal than it is to girls. I think "flaws" can be super cute sometimes. And if it's your nose, well, prominent noses are masculine and attractive on men, don't worry about it.

TATA 01-07-2010 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=PeopleAreStrange;1201509]Girls aren't as concerned about physical appearance as men are, so you're probably thinking it's a bigger deal than it is to girls. I think "flaws" can be super cute sometimes. And if it's your nose, well, prominent noses are masculine and attractive on men, don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

so true

kos 01-07-2010 08:18 PM

ugly people attract each other so there ya go.

gopherinferno 01-07-2010 08:25 PM

^ Um... o.O

I hate my profile, too. It doesn't matter, though. Everybody hates stuff about themselves. They don't notice it in other people. You know how many times people will talk about something they hate about the way they look or their body, and you're like "what the hell are you talking about, you look fine!" Yeah, they think that about you, too. Try not to think about it.

lonelygirl88 01-07-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohpewp (Post 1201634)

I hate my profile, too. It doesn't matter, though. Everybody hates stuff about themselves. They don't notice it in other people. You know how many times people will talk about something they hate about the way they look or their body, and you're like "what the hell are you talking about, you look fine!" Yeah, they think that about you, too. Try not to think about it.

that is so true. i never pay attention to people's side profiles- but i am really critical about my own.

yellowpaper 01-07-2010 08:49 PM

I hate my profile too. Right now I'm doing okay with it though because I haven't been taking obsessive pictures of it, thinking as much about it, or looking in the mirror as often. I'm still attractive despite what I see as a flaw, and I'm guessing other people completely dismiss it...

When I see other girls who have slightly "abnormal" profiles, and yet they're still extremely pretty and attractive, that's when I feel the most jealous. So at least I, myself, can find other GIRLS attractive whose profiles aren't "normal." People with "normal" profiles are often kind of boring, honestly. When I see someone who's too perfect looking, I really do feel bored. And the feature I'm addressing most is the nose, which I guess it's kind of hard for me to refer to it as that.

(I do realize you're a guy).

ruinMYlife 01-07-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kos (Post 1201629)
ugly people attract each other so there ya go.

nope opposites attract

LostPancake 01-07-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange (Post 1201509)
Girls aren't as concerned about physical appearance as men are, so you're probably thinking it's a bigger deal than it is to girls. I think "flaws" can be super cute sometimes. And if it's your nose, well, prominent noses are masculine and attractive on men, don't worry about it.

prominent noses are also really attractive on women. :yes

but then they go and get plastic surgery and turn them into boring normal noses. :(

EagerMinnow84 01-07-2010 11:01 PM

I am self conscious about my profile too! It is terribly silly and stupid, but I am.

Oh insane insecurities...

AussiePea 01-07-2010 11:03 PM

Yeah I HATE my side profile so much, it's pathetic but it's how I feel.

thewall 01-07-2010 11:09 PM

I hate my profile as well, namely my nose. I didn't even notice it looked that bad until people made comments about it.

crazyg 01-07-2010 11:25 PM

I've always thought I had a weird profile. But it looks like a lot of people feel the same. I guess it's a matter of perception. And I've always admired celebrities who didn't go out and immediately fix all of their so-called imperfections such as prominent noses and such. I thought it made them stand out and look different from everyone else, in a positive way. While I'm a bit ambivalent about whether I like Lady Gaga's music or not, I do like the fact that while she may not have all of the conventionally attractive features of other pop stars, she still seems very confident in her body image. (And yes, I've still heard her called all kinds of things like a 'butter face' - or is it 'but her face' - but she's still considered attractive by many people. And I think she's attractive and interesting looking...especially when she had her original hair colour...but I digress...) So, I'm not entirely sure why I'd be self conscious about my own face.

marga4gven 01-07-2010 11:27 PM

lol..i was laughing when i read the thread.at least im not alone thinking things this way. well, u know guys, i think we all should just focus on the positive side of things. We are still fortunate,to think. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by GOD. And inner beauty counts the most. Let's accept and be grateful for everything we have.;)

erasercrumbs 01-07-2010 11:28 PM

I'm pretty much 360 degrees of ugly, but I wear it well.

marga4gven 01-07-2010 11:31 PM

lol..that's good erasercrumbs!:)

Dane 01-07-2010 11:34 PM

If you have a really bad looking nose that's giving you anxiety (and its not just in your head), why not get plastic surgery? That's what I would do.

crazyg 01-08-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erasercrumbs (Post 1201834)
I'm pretty much 360 degrees of ugly, but I wear it well.

Probably the funniest turn of phrase I've read in awhile.